Page 120 of 135 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3371
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Me thinks flows will be high all summer

As for the reserve parking, I read through the notice. From what I read it looks like there will be paid and free reservations. Not all paid. I wonder if I'll still be able to park at my select spot at both bases. They are not right up front, but I like those spots. Won't share them here, cause, ya know...

I like the idea of free reservations, as long as they only get release a week or two in advance. The opportunity to drive from the BA and not need to arrive by 7AM sounds nice to me. I also have friends who will come up for the weekend but like t arrive around 11AM on a Saturday. They are not early birds. This will be great for them.

Change is hard, but maybe this will work just fine. Of course, it could make the shit show worse. If taking the reservation is easy as clicking on an app, that is good. If you make a reservation and do not use it, there will need to be a penalty. And the ap needs to have alerts in case there are last minute cancellations, so a local can pick it up and ski.

TahoeJ - they lost by going 100% paid. If you read the release there are to be unpaid reservations. Sounds more similar to the covid days. Not the N* precedent.

Man - they state - incentives for carpooling. And they mention non-paid reservations. So likely, they will be included.
    I don't believe there are free reservations. The "mix of free and paid reserve-in-advance parking for all guests" should actually read "mix of free (afternoon) and paid reserve-in-advance parking for all guests". They stated as much below in the FAQ
    If I have an Ikon Pass, will I need to pay or make a reservation on peak weekends and holidays?
    Yes, on Saturdays, Sundays, and select holiday periods, everyone will be required to have a paid reservation, regardless of what type of pass (or other product) you have.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Me thinks flows will be high all summer

As for the reserve parking, I read through the notice. From what I read it looks like there will be paid and free reservations. Not all paid. I wonder if I'll still be able to park at my select spot at both bases. They are not right up front, but I like those spots. Won't share them here, cause, ya know...

I like the idea of free reservations, as long as they only get release a week or two in advance. The opportunity to drive from the BA and not need to arrive by 7AM sounds nice to me. I also have friends who will come up for the weekend but like t arrive around 11AM on a Saturday. They are not early birds. This will be great for them.

Change is hard, but maybe this will work just fine. Of course, it could make the shit show worse. If taking the reservation is easy as clicking on an app, that is good. If you make a reservation and do not use it, there will need to be a penalty. And the ap needs to have alerts in case there are last minute cancellations, so a local can pick it up and ski.

TahoeJ - they lost by going 100% paid. If you read the release there are to be unpaid reservations. Sounds more similar to the covid days. Not the N* precedent.

Man - they state - incentives for carpooling. And they mention non-paid reservations. So likely, they will be included.
    I don't believe there are free reservations. It's just a bit of slick (or poor) writing by the lawyers. The "mix of free and paid reserve-in-advance parking for all guests" should actually read "mix of free (afternoon) and paid reserve-in-advance parking for all guests". They stated as much below in the FAQ
    If I have an Ikon Pass, will I need to pay or make a reservation on peak weekends and holidays?
    Yes, on Saturdays, Sundays, and select holiday periods, everyone will be required to have a paid reservation, regardless of what type of pass (or other product) you have.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

If I wasn’t cynical, I might even think they wrote so unclearly to reduce the chances of a timely lawsuit challenging the bait and switch terms

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    I hate to say it but this is just a shady way of adjusting prices for the increased demand...
    The demand is real.

Not sure if you guys have heard, but preferred parking is going up to $2,200 next year.

I'm not sure what last year's price was, but I know it was around $700-800 a couple years ago.
    Still waiting...

been thinking about a move back to Truckee in the fall

heading up there this afternoon for a few days

CHP posted this view earlier this morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1685814356.723729.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	558.0 KB 
ID:	460763

gonna be a long slow day on the road - oh well, I’m in no hurry today
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

What are you doing, Mike? Slowly working your way north to Weed?

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

yes

I have housing in Truckee for a while but I need a job
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    yes

I have housing in Truckee for a while but I need a job
    Looking good here for fly-by-night unlicensed contractors to do storm repairs. People are desperate. You got any tools. (It doesn't take many,)

$30/hr for having a rake in your hands in Truckee right now as far as I can tell..
    Skilled trades w/ tools/truck/ trailer for hauling is even betterer

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Okay, good to know. Morning is probably good for me anyway. Leaves the afternoon to do others activities with the family.
    Did you make it to Alpine? How long you in Tahoe?

AM was pretty solid F/S/S, except for the aggro OV crowd and toolrists who showed up Saturday en masse and were all pushy and entitled in the Summit lift line.
    Not to mention that many of the folks being jerks in the lift lines were also skiing insanely recklessly.
    From a sociological and anthropological angle, it’s really interesting to note the difference between AM locals and the OV crowd…
    Once we found some less traveled spots, things were cool, but damn the chuckleheads and bros-who-thought-they-were-pros-but-were-really-back-seat-Brandons were hella en fuego.
    Today was a bit mellower and pretty much every run we skied was just me and my 4 compadres.

The snow was already kinda sticky at 8 am, but it stayed consistent and we managed to schuss until close to noon. There are still plenty of fun lines to be had, but also quite a bit of them are turning into pachinko-esque obstacle courses (which are hella fun as long as you don’t mind pinging off a submerged rock or two…)

Free parking was a bonus…
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I’m hoping they got it out of their system and into their braggy insta feeds and don’t need to go anymore to generate more spew about late season turns. That’s my hope

Guess I’ll try to go next weekend to start cost averaging the parking fees. 🤬. I assume some dentist lawyer is getting a lawsuit ready to at least make them squirm paying a bunch of 700/HR billing rates. Somebody please bring back Zombie Alex Cushing. Talk about Devil you know ffs

Mandrewehays insta story is spot on regarding parking

https://instagram.com/stories/mandre...ZiM2M3MzIxNA==
    Last edited by mcski; 06-04-2023 at 08:58 PM.

zif they were truly interested in controling weekend traffic on 89 they could simply require reservations to ski or at least to ski before noon. Of course that would mean the loss of the parking revenue and potential day ticket sales. Or they could make a major contribution to a bus lane on 89.

All of that. And return to running real shuttle shuttle routes like alpine did in the past

[QUOTE=dookeyXXX;6871704] the aggro OV crowd and toolrists who showed up
    /QUOTE]

Odd, I skied Friday and mentioned that to my local pal. So much anger for nothing.

Castle Valley impact and redevelopment meeting @ Soda Springs this week (June 8)

https://www.snowlands.org/projects/castle_valley.html
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Future Prophecies!

'Dreadlock' is one of the best tunes of all time.

Headed up to ski Sat/Sun at the Mealows with the kids…they still opening High Beaver etc for a short window first thing?

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Headed up to ski Sat/Sun at the Mealows with the kids…they still opening High Beaver etc for a short window first thing?
    Yes. Hiked it on Saturday AM. Good turns were had.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Did you make it to Alpine? How long you in Tahoe?
    Yes, last Friday. Thanks to the advice here I got up there early and was one of the first chairs up Summit plus got a nice, close parking spot. I skied till about noon. Really fun skiing and had a great time overall. Got home late last night.

Name:	P1240108.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	461056

Name:	P1240057.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	461057

So.... What spots around Tahoe are still skiing good? Preferably closer to south shore.
    Preferably not too crazy on the approach. Need not be gnar.

Say you live near Tahoe House in Tahoe City and want to check your mail. Fuck you. Don't even try. Complete standstill from the Wye.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Say you live near Tahoe House in Tahoe City and want to check your mail. Fuck you. Don't even try.
    What’s the issue? I think there’s about 2-3 post office workers between both TC and Truckee offices. No one Can afford to work at the post office w Tahoe prices these days. They sure don’t deserve a fuck you

I think it's a reference to the traffic, not the post office. Everyone loves postal workers.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.