Page 1 of 135 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

Stoke is a vibe that we all share on an energetic level. But for real, let's give this salad a toss. Hope you're a good catcher. Winter is coming. Remember to share lots of reverse psychology, anti-jinx, and straight up disinfo. There's good skiing in Tahoe -sometimes- but I won't tell you where. Use the stoke here to drive you out there. Develop your local knowledge, which runs deep like all indigenous memory. Resist corporations trying to colonize and scrape our culture to offer up as a product. We do this for each other. If you want someone to tell you where the stashes are and all the beta to get there, make friends, respect local customs, and show gratitude for the generosity. You could also be super cool by opposing reckless development, volunteering to build recreation infrastructure, and giving actual money to groups that organize to affect positive change in all these areas. (There's a suggested list below). We will cover all of these in this thread, but above all, share stoke. Remind everbuddy why we're here and what we are working to create/preserve. Let's go!

PAST THREADS....

THE "OFFICIAL" 08/09 TAHOE CONDITIONS/WEATHER TRACKING AND WHAT'S HAPPENING THREAD

09/10 TAHOE WEATHER, CONDITIONS, STOKE, AND WHAT'S UP THREAD

10/11 TAHOE WEATHER, CONDITIONS, STOKE, AND WHAT'S UP THREAD

11/12 TAHOE WEATHER, CONDITIONS, STOKE, AND WHAT'S UP THREAD... IT'S BAAAAAAAACK!!!

12/13 TAHOE WEATHER, CONDITIONS, STOKE, AND WHAT'S UP THREAD...

13/14 TAHOE THREAD -- RADDEST THREAD ON THE INTERNETS!!!

14/?? THE OFFICIAL TAHOE THREAD

LAKE TAHOE 2015/16 - YEAR OF GODZILLA BABY JESUS

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

TAHOE: LAND OF THE SNOWFLAKES -- 17/18 STOKE

OFFICIAL TAHOE 18/19 STOKE, CONDITIONS, WEATHER THREAD

THE OFFICIAL 19/20 TAHOE SKI SNOWBOARD THREAD. PLUS BONUS BOOTFITTING RECS!

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

22 BLUE - LOOKING AHEAD TO THE NEW (AKA FUCK SUMMER (AKA TAHOE THREAD))

GOOD TO HAVE IN YOUR PHONE... ski patrol / emergency numbers.

Palisades Tahoes: 530.452.7145

Alpine Meadows: 530.581.8222

Sugar Bowl: 530-426-6727

Kirkwood: 209-258-7911

Heavenly: 530-542-6944

Northstar: 530.582.6594 and for non-emergency patrol: 530.562.3445

Mt. Rose: (775) 849-0704x280
    Last edited by lepistoir; 10-13-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

WEATHER & TRANSPO INFO

TART Connect Awesome system of on-demand rideshares that are free and fill in gaps between bus routes/schedules.

TRAFFIC / ROAD CONDITIONS
    Nevada DOT - Highway Controls Summary 511 or 877-687-6237 (877-NVROADS)
    nvroads.com

I-80 Chains bot on Twitter

50 Chains bot on Twitter

California DOT 800-427-7623 (800-GAS-ROAD) or 916-445-7623

ACCIDENTS
    California Highway Patrol - Traffic Incident Page (select area - Truckee, Sacramento, Bishop, etc.)

Nevada Highway Patrol - Current Road Closures and Incidents

WEBCAMS

Magnifeye CalTrans & Resort cams

Tahoetopia - Lake Tahoe Web Cams[/QUOTE]

WEATHER

How windy was it yesterday? https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/rev/remotedata/textremote.php
    Last edited by lepistoir; 01-21-2023 at 09:40 AM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Last edited by lepistoir; 10-13-2022 at 10:10 AM.

VOLUNTEER HERE

Truckee Tahoe True Development affects us all. Help shape it in accordance with local values, not bureaucrats and investors from out of the area.
    Tahoe Backcountry Alliance Collective action so that the Powers That Be can hear backcountry users speaking up about winter access.
    TAMBA Good people who make good trails happen.
    TRTA The folks who brought you the Rim Trail.
    Truckee Dirt Union meter-man and folks doing it for north lake mountain biking.
    Clean Tahoe One of many groups around the lake that give a hoot and need volunteers to clean up and educate.
    League to Save Lake Tahoe The OGs: restoration, protection, and stewardship of the environmental health, sustainability and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin
    Mountain Area Preservation Protecting open space and advocating for responsible development
    Sierra Club
    Protect Our Winters
    Truckee Tahoe Community Fund Focused on many issues affecting the region, but housing is central. We don't want to end up like Ketchum.

Achieve Tahoe
    https://www.achievetahoe.org/

Tahoe Nordic Search/Rescue
    https://www.placer.ca.gov/2722/Search-and-Rescue-Teams

https://www.tahoenordicsar.org/

Sky Tavern
    https://www.skytavern.org/

SOS Outreach
    https://sosoutreach.org/learn-to-ride/
    Last edited by lepistoir; 01-21-2023 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks for starting the new thread. It's time. I've had a really rough stretch of health issues and what have you - I got maybe 25-28 days in last year at the most (by far the lowest in many years) - and now I just want to ski. Moral of the story: if you're feeling healthy enough to ski, go ski! Let's go!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I just want to get in on the ground floor. As always, if it snows there's no place I'd rather ski than here. Here's hoping it snows!
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Thanks Dooks.

Meyers ski swap this Sunday at 8 in Divided Sky parking lot. https://facebook.com/events/s/meyers...6828335435234/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For folks with woodworking, metal working, ceramic, sewing, and sweeping and dusting skills--the Truckee Roundhouse makerspace can use volunteer instructors (not strictly volunteer--instructors have the option of getting half of the class fee but it won't make you rich.) If you don't have skills you can join as a member by the year or month or volunteer at the desk in exchange for using the shop in off hours. The shop has a laser cutter, plasma cutter, and CNC router so if you have computer skills you don't need any manual skills.

Should have included high end coffee table photo guidebook authors on the list of those looking to commodify local knowledge and treasured resources.

Looks good tho. I'll probably buy one.
    Last edited by lepistoir; 10-14-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Have a great season Tahoe. I expect and ideal season of copies snow, low wind, cold temperatures and even and regular snow fall. I moved to Singapore for the year. Doing my part for the greater good.

Nice start lepistoir, stoked as always for a new season

Has anyone heard anything about North Bowl at Heavenly. A friend just said he heard a rumor there were problems with the FS that could lead to not opening this year.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Hi Tahoe friends! Plan to be up to Alpine a few times this season, feel free to hit me up if you're headed down to Mammoth.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about North Bowl at Heavenly. A friend just said he heard a rumor there were problems with the FS that could lead to not opening this year.
    Vail lagging on their payoffs?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Vail lagging on their payoffs?
    Lol.

Anyone who didn't see the ski movies last night at the art haus missed out! But not entirely: they're doing an encore presentation tonight at 5. These were the most genuine and refreshing ski movies so far this year. I'm seriously stoked now.

https://tahoearthauscinema.com/show/...or-the-future/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by lepistoir; 10-18-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Isn’t the new thread supposed to start after it snows? If this season is a bust I’m blaming this

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Isn’t the new thread supposed to start after it snows? If this season is a bust I’m blaming this

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    So we’re blaming lepistoir for the downgraded snow accumulation today? I’m on it.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    So we’re blaming lepistoir for the downgraded snow accumulation today? I’m on it.
    Such is my power as threadmaster. It is also my burden to shoulder the blame, even if it's technically not mine yet because Turx hasn't joined this thread and the council isn't complete. But he's in tech, he'll figure it out soon and together we'll have the power to steer the big storms to us. Hang in there.

Also, go see Daiek's movie in South Lake on the 28th or Paliwood on the 27th! (Dude actually is in like three movies and I can't figure out the dates for each one. Just check his insta.)

Thought I downgraded this thing. WTH?

Not sure what you mean? The weather widget at the top of the Palisades Tahoe site clearly states it is 74 and sunny right now and the webcams prove it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 4.34.30 PM.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	592.2 KB 
ID:	430805

Tried to get some last night but it was blower on top of water so the sticks immediately sucked up the entire glue pack.
    Things should be better this morning
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5154.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	430877
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Rumor has it....

"IT'S ALIVE"!