Page 52 of 135 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3371
    ^^^^ I was thinking, after seeing that line pic, it was probably a great day to be skiing almost anywhere else there are steep at Palisades. Even if I did not have kid pick up, I think I would have taken your route, and then headed back into Silvy around your kid pick up time.

Ah.... hoping that next year is not another drought year. Almost every pic I see had me wishing I were closer to home. We almost headed tot he Dominican Republic this year, and for sure I would be flying home to get some snow.

Great soft snow on Powderhouse yesterday and not too busy. Might still be fresh tomorrow but probably not a whole lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Irefuse to believe that's silvy. Looks way too civilized.
    Much more civilized than after a rope drop about 10 years ago. Everyone was throwing snowballs at chairs with less than 3 people back then.

The line was so long they shut down the gates Saturday. It was about a 45 minute wait for a chair. I guess that scared everyone away. Dropped right back in after getting to the top and skied right on the lift at the bottom. Didn't wait in line the rest of the day anywhere for more than 5 minutes. Shocking considering the road and parking situation.

i skied Silvy after a couple feet of light fresh, minimal line--it was NY day. By the time people dragged themselves out of bed and on to the hill, all gone.

Some of the best powder days I've had have been on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or Boxing Day. Get out early, hit the pow and leave early when everyone else is just getting on the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    i skied Silvy after a couple feet of light fresh, minimal line--it was NY day. By the time people dragged themselves out of bed and on to the hill, all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    I’ve only heard the eleven’s referred to when talking about trimmer, and there was a wind slab avalanche kicked off by a skier at the top of one of the slide paths on it around the same time as the report which I saw a video of hence my confusion. There are those twin slide paths around the corner from lighting bolt that must be what you’re referring to? I’ve just never heard them called anything but I can see why they could be referred to by that name. I missed Gimpy’s post.

Pretty detailed report on that lightning bolt slide, not surprising that there were other slides in that zone

Attachment 444166
    I see the confusion now, yeah not the Trimmer elevens. And agreed, 2 big windslab slides in that zone is definitely something to take note of.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2792EB95-2754-469A-AAA6-6E2494B544C0.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	748.1 KB 
ID:	444477
    We're not happy 'til you're not happy.

Sounds like the West Bowl chair at Sierra got jacked up as well. That place just can’t catch a break.

Palisades just sent out the most disgusting marketing item as a "survey" where they ask your opinion on all the things they see as positives in their development plan with the most obviously slanted response choices, while entirely ignoring the negatives.

Paraphrasing
    " The new development will bring jobs, stable year round incomes and affordable housing to the basin"
    Do you
    A) support this development
    B) hate puppies and kittens and eat them from a blender?

Only positive thing is where they leave a place for you to write feedback

"As a 30+ year North Tahoe and Truckee resident (and former SV employee under Alex Cushing) I am 100% against more real estate development in the basin. We do not have sufficient emergency traffic capabilities, not to mention the horrendous regular traffic impacts to the area from weekenders. We do NOT need a water park in an area filled with some of the most beautiful and plentiful rivers and lakes. Do not turn Tahoe into a Disneyland!!!
    This survey is a pathetic attempt at swaying public opinion by highlighting ONLY the aspects you see as a positive, ignoring all the negatives. Placer county just wants your $ and does not care about quality of life up here, that is why you have been able.to get this far. The locals hate all of this. I suspect I received this because I have a phone # in the 415 from my business, so I seemed like your target market for real estate development"

Quote Originally Posted by parkmeister View Post
    Anybody have recent beta on the Mt Rose Chutes? I wonder how badly the Evil E fucked the snow up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    My son skied the today with his buddy. Said they were chalky. He’s 11 though and not as discerning about snow quality.
    I skied the Rose Mon & Tues. Chutes were skiing well with great coverage. You can ski anywhere, so say you drop into one and don't like it, just go hard left or right and traverse into the next one. Some of the lower chutes like Miller Time & Nightmare are bumped out, farther up towards the El Cap side you can find some smooth winter chalk.

Name:	IMG_5037.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	444588
    Saddle Chute was a blast. It starts wide, then narrows down to 2x the length of your skis then widens up towards the bottom. Took this from just above the choke.

Name:	IMG_5039.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	444589
    Looking back up Saddle Chute. After a warm up I did a couple non stops top to bottom thru it. Legs were burning. East winds don't really seem to get in there much so wind affect was little to none.

Name:	IMG_5041.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	444590
    Slide side had some fun bumps of the right side of Zephyr. Good skiing and no crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Palisades just sent out the most disgusting marketing item as a "survey" where they ask your opinion on all the things they see as positives in their development plan with the most obviously slanted response choices, while entirely ignoring the negatives.

Paraphrasing
    " The new development will bring jobs, stable year round incomes and affordable housing to the basin"
    Do you
    A) support this development
    B) hate puppies and kittens and eat them from a blender?

Only positive thing is where they leave a place for you to write feedback

"As a 30+ year North Tahoe and Truckee resident (and former SV employee under Alex Cushing) I am 100% against more real estate development in the basin. We do not have sufficient emergency traffic capabilities, not to mention the horrendous regular traffic impacts to the area from weekenders. We do NOT need a water park in an area filled with some of the most beautiful and plentiful rivers and lakes. Do not turn Tahoe into a Disneyland!!!
    This survey is a pathetic attempt at swaying public opinion by highlighting ONLY the aspects you see as a positive, ignoring all the negatives. Placer county just wants your $ and does not care about quality of life up here, that is why you have been able.to get this far. The locals hate all of this. I suspect I received this because I have a phone # in the 415 from my business, so I seemed like your target market for real estate development"
    They sent employees an updated devopment plan via email. I immediately forwarded it to the county asking for no further development. They'd probably fire me if they could. Ugh..... we're all fucked. Money and greed will rule the day.

Anybody there last thursday? Insane how many people seem to not have jobs on a weekday. We need a reset. The tech industry seems to be leading that charge. We shall see.

Squaw skied well today. Cold temps and wind moving snow around. Good times.

My crystal ball is a little broken. Trying to consider this weekend and paying to ski somewhere other than my home hill. Is it going to be dust on crust or dust on chalk or both type of storm for Sunday/Monday?

Skied this afternoon for an hour+ (“hour of power”tm) with some of the kids. Most of SB shut cuz of wind, but snow was still fun!

I'm thinking Sunday (and Monday) will be more of the dust on crust variety with the wind and warmer temps this week. But possibly some nice wind-blown pockets out there.

I've enjoyed this week on the mountain. Decent groomers, no need to set an alarm in the morning, no waiting in line, no traffic. Much as I love fresh snow the storm and crowds shit-show gets exhausting.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Thx for the confirmation

when you’re sitting in traffic angry about traffic: remember, you are the traffic

There's corn in the poop chute

Name:	IMG_4480.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	444736

Name:	IMG_4479.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	451.8 KB 
ID:	444737

It's also really wild how much snow there is in the area and how much wind damage to the trees.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Emerald Bay is open

and

Carson Pass SnoPark is dug out and open
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    when you’re sitting in traffic angry about traffic: remember, you are the traffic
    For the day-in-day-out or week-in-week-out skiers, the influx of dull-edge Donnies and summer-tire tesla drivers every time it snows more than XX inches seeking "good pow-pow on duh backside" is not "traffic," but a shit show introduced by people who can't turn and only ski when it is soft.

Uhhh...Iz backside open yet??

Uhh..When open backside??

Uhhhhh..
    Is it good pow pow on backside??

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    East winds don't really seem to get in there much so wind affect was little to none.
    Hm, interesting. Also interesting to see that there's apparently corn nearby.

Where to ski, where to ski... sun, wind, and inversions make for tricky conditions, but I like the detective work of trying to find good snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill. View Post
    For the day-in-day-out or week-in-week-out skiers, the influx of dull-edge Donnies and summer-tire tesla drivers every time it snows more than XX inches seeking "good pow-pow on duh backside" is not "traffic," but a shit show introduced by people who can't turn and only ski when it is soft.

Uhhh...Iz backside open yet??

Uhh..When open backside??

Uhhhhh..
    Is it good pow pow on backside??
    Dudgeon... dudgeon... grumble... dudgeon... drink bleach... dudgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_slim View Post
    Dudgeon... dudgeon... grumble... dudgeon... drink bleach... dudgeon.
    "Mister," eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill. View Post
    "Mister," eh?
    Against my best efforts, I entered adulthood.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_slim View Post
    Against my best efforts, I entered adulthood.
    So really more of a Slim, emeritus.

Placer County has allocated money to significantly expand the Cabin Ck trailhead and put in a crapper, this per Truckee Trails. Also money for more work on Sawtooth trail.

Anybody skiing Rose on Monday?

I’ll be in Reno for couple job interviews next wk and I think I’m done like 11 or 1130 on Monday.

May or may not have to meet the realtor at like 3, so trying to make a couple power hours from about noon to 2ish count.

Never skied Rose. Presuming it would be our [primary??] home mountain if we end up in Reno starting in the fall.

Would love to trade a quick beer for a little guidance around the Chutes and other worthwhile spots. Legs are holding up pretty well here in MT so I should be good to ski with considerable exuberance and/or vivacity for couple hr Monday….

🤣

Hit me up if yer skiin’, PM, text, whatever. Three-oh-3 seven-4-eight, 4337

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived