Page 121 of 135 FirstFirst ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3371

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

Yeah. The traffic. Backed up past Granlibakken on one side and dollar hill on the other. The post office in TC is right in the middle of all that so, over an hour trip from the west side in today's mess. Not a bad word about those USPS workers. They're still packing my box with love letters and bills. Hell, UPS completely ditched my deliveries. They're dispatched from south lake and road work zones probably add an hour each way to their drive time.

ETA: they knocked off sometime around 6:30 so as long as you drive before 8 or after 7, you can get around.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    So.... What spots around Tahoe are still skiing good? Preferably closer to south shore.
    Preferably not too crazy on the approach. Need not be gnar.

I realized today, that biking is now > skiing.

Probably the easiest access is the gasx gully on red lake. Skied the graveyard and E back and a side hit out. It’s ok but not great, some smoothish turns out there. But the flats are heavily suncups and runnels working your way up, some smoothish panels but the daily thunderstorms has done a lot of damage over the last week and it is June…

From today
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9F55AB3-DECC-46D8-83BB-C188DD4A4A69.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	538.0 KB 
ID:	461236

Name:	A399BD1E-AE7C-4397-81C3-B80FE6BDA58C.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	768.3 KB 
ID:	461237

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Yeah. The traffic. Backed up past Granlibakken on one side and dollar hill on the other..
    Are your bicycles all broken?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Are your bicycles all broken?
    I was actually throwing shade at retail workers. Try to keep up.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    I think it's a reference to the traffic, not the post office. Everyone loves postal workers.
    Ya I missed the traffic ref and the attachments didn’t show

It gets bad during summer, but that’s nuts. Road construction the culprit?

A repeat of last summer in Truckee--roadwork blocking traffic on multiple parallel routes at the same time. But what are you going to do--winter left the roads in bad shape and the season is short.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A repeat of last summer in Truckee--roadwork blocking traffic on multiple parallel routes at the same time. But what are you going to do--winter left the roads in bad shape and the season is short.
    This is actually a gas line replacement that's been in progress since 2021.
    https://www.swgas.com/en/north-lake-...cement-project

Last week I drove in from Reno and thought going via the Mt. Rose Highway would be fun. Well, it was scenic, but I probably got stopped by about ten flaggers between Incline Village and Tahoe City due to the construction. It was a bit tedious.

Don’t say we didn’t warn ya!

If Winter traffic didn't deter people from driving maybe Summer traffic will.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

It's technically not summer traffic. It's spring monsoon road work season. Consult your calendar of the ten actual seasons of Tahoe. They usually stop most work 4th of July to Labor Day.

Yep. Summer starts next week…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

My favorite tahoe season. I ride my bike to work everyday. Waterskiing on donner in the mornings or lift served snow. Then brown pow in the evenings.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Old 40 is closed by rockfall between Donner Lake and the pass.

“significant damage” according to CHP
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I'm praying the thunderstorms hold off for the next two mornings...forecast not ideal.

it’ll be alright… just enough to chase the crowds away…

Name:	IMG_3979.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	585.9 KB 
ID:	461360

skiing will still be fun. fact.

Well, today’s weather report certainly didn’t scare folks away.

AM was pretty crowded for a Friday and the lot was full by 8:30 today.
    Still scratching my head where all these folks are migrating from…tons of OOS plates and lottsa folks who seem like they have never skied AM before.
    It’s almost summer and I still have to get up at 5 and get to the hill before 7 to get a decent parking spot!

The plus side of all the fools who aren’t familiar with the mountain is that there are plenty of spots to hit that are empty. And stuff is skiing well; soft and spreadable.

Oh, and to the lame dude who took his beginner/intermediate GF down “Pigmy Forest,” I sincerely hope that she makes you sleep on the couch for the next week, at least..

There are definitely more folks in town this weekend.
    I hit up Sierra Bakehouse on the way home today and they were 90% sold out of everything (last week, same time, they were only 50% sold out).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

All lots including subway? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    It’s almost summer and I still have to get up at 5 and get to the hill before 7 to get a decent parking spot!
    That's wild! Previously spring was my absolute favorite time of year since most people had moved on to other sports by the end of March...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wasn’t all that bad. Granted I did spend the night in the fucking parking lot so I was there for damn early. But there was hardly anybody there until about 6:45, and then all of a sudden everybody fucking showed up at 6:45.

There was definitely more people there than I was expecting for a Friday. But there was still plenty of room for skiing once you actually get on the hill.

Name:	IMG_4011.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	809.8 KB 
ID:	461376

Name:	IMG_4010.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1,011.9 KB 
ID:	461377

Your mileage may vary.

sharks are hungry though…

Name:	IMG_4018.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	868.6 KB 
ID:	461381

fact.
    Last edited by m2711c; 06-09-2023 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    All lots including subway? Wow
    Not sure about SW lot.
    The main lot(s) were full, though.

And don’t get me wrong, I have been enjoying the skiing, just staying off the groomers as much as possible (and thankful that I am able to ride with a crew of AM locals who know what spots will be empty and when). I did 2 runs today where I was the only person on the slope and numerous ones where it was just me and the crew of 5…

But it’s kinda crazy when the Summit line stretches all the way to the gates…(last w/e it went outside the gates and up the hill!)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Well, today’s weather report certainly didn’t scare folks away.

AM was pretty crowded for a Friday and the lot was full by 8:30 today.
    Still scratching my head where all these folks are migrating from…tons of OOS plates and lottsa folks who seem like they have never skied AM before.

The plus side of all the fools who aren’t familiar with the mountain is that there are plenty of spots to hit that are empty. And stuff is skiing well; soft and spreadable.

Oh, and to the lame dude who took his beginner/intermediate GF down “Pigmy Forest,” I sincerely hope that she makes you sleep on the couch for the next week, at least..

There are definitely more folks in town this weekend.
    I hit up Sierra Bakehouse on the way home today and they were 90% sold out of everything (last week, same time, they were only 50% sold out).
    I got there are 9:30 after school drop off. Parked in one of the first rows of Subway. The main lot was a junk show, though. Luckily it seems to be a lot of out-of-towners there for the novelty of June skiing and they don't seem to know Subway lot exists.

Still, I've never seen it this busy this time of year. I'd imagine because the weather has been weird everywhere. My brother in the bay said that they haven't seen any truly warm, sunny weather yet. We were supposed to go to the lake this weekend and called it off because of weather.

The skiing was a blast yesterday. I'll probably head back out early tomorrow AM.

I also figured town would be a mess last night. We walked right in to Best Pies with a group of 9 and got a table immediately. No complaints.

Not sure about SW lot.
    The main lot(s) were full, though.

And don’t get me wrong, I have been enjoying the skiing, just staying off the groomers as much as possible (and thankful that I am able to ride with a crew of AM locals who know what spots will be empty and when). I did 2 runs today where I was the only person on the slope and numerous ones where it was just me and the crew of 5…

But it’s kinda crazy when the Summit line stretches all the way to the gates…(last w/e it went outside the gates and up the hill!)
    I wonder if my timing worked out better. I never waited in line for more than a minute or two. The lines were a mess, too. I was solo, so I could slip in, pass most people, and drop in with a small group.

I only skied for an hour, but got a ton of good laps. Once it got really sticky down low, I bounced. Plus my legs were smoked from a mountain bike mission the day before.

Lift served, local skiing in June is rad!!