Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Skiing

Quote Originally Posted by AirheadD8 View Post
    I skied with Raisingarizona there yesterday and it wasn’t too crowded not much open.

He’s an awesome ripper ! We had a blast, sun warmed things up a little and the wind didn’t materialize as forecast.
    That was fun as hell! Thanks for visiting.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    That was fun as hell! Thanks for visiting.
    Definitely had a blast! The day went too quickly .
    Hopefully during a powder day! In the meantime I’ll live vicariously thru your videos.
    "It's only steep if you're backseat"

Buzz is still around. My daughter is good buds with his step daughter. Buzz really knows his way around the garden.
    Buzz is an interesting dude for sure. He worked with us building Grand Canyon express. Kind of a bummer to hear he doesn’t work for snowbowl anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    Buzz is an interesting dude for sure. He worked with us building Grand Canyon express. Kind of a bummer to hear he doesn’t work for snowbowl anymore.

We lost a lot of the cool and funky characters that worked up there shortly after the Coleman purchase.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I was wondering why it was so hazy in Kingman when I got there last hitch.
    Hunh, I was in Kingman the night/morning of the 28th/29th. Woulda been nice to say hey and maybe hoist one if we were near.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Hunh, I was in Kingman the night/morning of the 28th/29th. Woulda been nice to say hey and maybe hoist one if we were near.
    Well F dude! That's a bummer of a missed opportunity man. I'm working on some super fun trails there if you like the slow and tech with a few bursts of hang the f on tech stuff you you're into that sort of thing.

Mi Lindo Jalisico Mexican Restaurant in the historic downtown is freaking sick too I gotta say. They have an addictive charred pepper salsa, it's seriously like crack, or in that valleys case like meth. Look out yo!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

We lost a lot of the cool and funky characters that worked up there shortly after the Coleman purchase.
    Which is odd since Coleman himself is kind of a funky character. I’ve done work at a few of his resorts, and they definitely seem a little less corporate, and maybe a little loose that’s other resorts. A little less on snowbowl, and maybe purg since they’re kind of the flagships.

Raising a13, I sent you a pm.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    Which is odd since Coleman himself is kind of a funky character. I’ve done work at a few of his resorts, and they definitely seem a little less corporate, and maybe a little loose that’s other resorts. A little less on snowbowl, and maybe purg since they’re kind of the flagships.

Yeah, it was real loose 20 or so years ago. It's a very professionally run ski area these days and extremely successful business now. Well, except for lift line management, f they can't figure that one out.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Well F dude! That's a bummer of a missed opportunity man. I'm working on some super fun trails there if you like the slow and tech with a few bursts of hang the f on tech stuff you you're into that sort of thing.
    Didn’t have time for that, I was traveling thru on my way back home after Turkey day in NorCal. But…

Mi Lindo Jalisico Mexican Restaurant in the historic downtown is freaking sick too I gotta say. They have an addictive charred pepper salsa, it's seriously like crack, or in that valleys case like meth. Look out yo!
    That’s some great beta for the next time I’m in Kingman. Always good to know about a good Mexican joint near the interstate when traveling.

Trying to extend a PHX work trip and snag a day at Snowbowl on 1/14. I'll have my boots with me but any recommendations for where to pick up a good ski demo? I'll probably be staying in Flagstaff on Friday night.
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

Quote Originally Posted by other1 View Post
    Trying to extend a PHX work trip and snag a day at Snowbowl on 1/14. I'll have my boots with me but any recommendations for where to pick up a good ski demo? I'll probably be staying in Flagstaff on Friday night.
    Nice! All three local shops (Humphreys, Ski Haus and Last Chair) probably have some decent options. I'd call them or maybe look at their websites to see what they have and what's best for you. I won't be around but we are getting a lot of snow right now and the mountain is opening up. It should be decent then but even if conditions go to shit they do a great job with grooming and such. If you can, ski midweek. The weekends are total shit shows these days. Have fun!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I'll be driving through on Monday and thought it might be nice to get out and stretch my legs for a little while, can anyone recommend a mellow tour? Keeping in mind that I'll be solo and need to keep it chill.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    I'll be driving through on Monday and thought it might be nice to get out and stretch my legs for a little while, can anyone recommend a mellow tour? Keeping in mind that I'll be solo and need to keep it chill.

Monday could be sweet if this forecast holds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A5E6D96A-158A-4625-8CB4-546DD128EA75_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	430.5 KB 
ID:	440342

A mellow tour might be tough with current base depths on the front side. The standard thing to do is a quick traverse to Dutchman for a few low angle pow laps. Anything else is a lot more committing since you have to go up and over and then back out from the Basin. I don't think Snowbowl is open for uphill traffic yet either.

IF it dumps like that forecast is claiming hot laps on the chair would be the call imho.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Thanks for the info!

Yeah looks like they are still closed to uphill traffic.

Too bad the lift ticket prices are jacked up so much this week, I'd totally buy one and ski for a few hours at the non holiday rates.

This week is looking pretty good.

Name:	BC0FC808-1BDF-4B3D-B8C8-03169AF976C5_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	448.4 KB 
ID:	440588
    dirtbag, not a dentist

This space saved for awesomeness update from RA
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

This morning was spectacular.

Name:	4FF98E0D-E12A-41D0-A66B-2C58EE14AE65.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	964.6 KB 
ID:	441232

Name:	2AE0A861-17B2-4524-80A5-A813C34BECFB.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	441229
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Sweet.

Nice!

Real and...
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Man, I made it up for Saturday but wasn’t able to stick around for today. Looks like they got hammered!

"Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

Quote Originally Posted by other1 View Post
    Man, I made it up for Saturday but wasn’t able to stick around for today. Looks like they got hammered!

It's dumping. I don't ski on the weekends anymore but I'm excited to get up tomorrow.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Historical cycle. Today was DEEP! Watching my kid get super stoked was the sheet. 50 inches so far up on the hill in the last three days and it's still coming down.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Post more pics! Nice to relive my flagstaff days vicariously