Shop/race guys: base material on junior race skis?

Hey all, hoping someone has some knowledge here, I can’t find this info on line.

I’m looking for a multi-event junior race ski for my U10 daughter. Last year she had a multi event dynastar, but it had a cheap base material that didn’t take wax. By the end of the season we were pushing her along the flats despite my best maintenance efforts.

Her older sister has dynastar jr sl and gs skis which are great, with good base material.

The ideal length for her would be a 135, most mfr’s make these in 130 and 140, but Rossi makes their hero athlete multi event in a 134. Which would be perfect. Plus it’s red.

This Rossi ski is advertised as a true sandwich construction. Not a cap ski like her old Dynastar multi event, so I’m wondering if it is using better materials like their junior race skis.

Any help/input on a junior multi event ski with a proper sintered racing base?

Thanks!
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

I'd definitely think the sandwich skis will have better base material than the cheap cap versions.

When my kid was in U10 he ran SL skis (they didn't do GS) and the base material was what you'd expect.

I would not worry about a "multi-event" ski, just get a GS or SL junior ski. If you're kid is still in the racing group where they want one pair of skis for all events, then either a GS or SL ski will work just fine. And they definitely make those in a 135 because I just sold a 135 GS ski and I just purchased a 135 SL ski.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thanks for the input fellas, definitely considering a sl ski, the radius is the same as the 134 multi event. My older daughters 135 sl is a step up in stiffness from the multi event skis we have, but I’m sure would work great and have better quality material.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

I think there is a different plate between the Muti and the SL, that could explain the stiffness

Also if they race GS it's worth getting them a pair of GS skis, it's so much more fun.

In my experience cheap used GS skis are easy to find. And you can sell them next year for what you paid.

No way I'd pay more than $200 (CAD)

Just found the Rossi hero multi event from a couple years ago on corbetts for a nice price. It appears to be the same ski as this years. Trigger pulled, will report back.

USSS rules for U10 and under are a single ski for both events. So I think either a sl or multi is the way to go. U12 and up can have a ski for each event. Going to take advantage of the last year I can buy a single ski for my youngest.

Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    USSS rules for U10 and under are a single ski for both events. So I think either a sl or multi is the way to go. U12 and up can have a ski for each event. Going to take advantage of the last year I can buy a single ski for my youngest.
    IME, that's because the courses really aren't all that different between SL and GS, and the kids aren't bashing gates.

My ski team org has been a great source of skis; I always find old well-cared for skis from other families. But yeah, now need SL, GS, free skis. It's a PITA.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah, costs only go up from here.

Nice score, those will serve them well.

Shop/race guys: base material on junior race skis?

I actually think I have a pair of the rossi multi event skis in a 130 something. Used sparingly last year. Let me know if anyone wants em.

Fwiw the bases are as good as the other race skis we have in that size.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    The ideal length for her would be a 135
    What are you going by to determine the right height in a multi ski?

Quote Originally Posted by vanhanbr View Post
    What are you going by to determine the right height in a multi ski?
    Between nose and forehead is the target at her age IMO. She was on 130s last year, 140s still reach above her head. These hit her just above the brow. She’s a pretty strong 8 yr old skier.