Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I’ll be here several days, until Friday or so

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    This^ he's one of the mags I miss from my short stint there.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    One of my biggest regrets from my time there was not making turns with him sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    you should stop by
    shit shower shave n ski and puts the sfb mancave in the viddys
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Whenever it’s convenient. I’m flexible. Glad to be here

My Pro Ski Bum Tour of North America 22/23

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1673658639.378775.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	442574

Skifishbum, Hustash and Chad somewhere good at Solitude

Thrilled to be in SLC skiing with some old pals and new friends. Skiing with Skifishbum is a blast for an elderly ice coast skier like me. Heard from many mags what an extraordinary guy SFB is, they were right. Getting some good content. The series will improve
    Last edited by charlesj; 01-13-2023 at 08:16 PM.

Nice work! Wish I had known you were in the boat last weekend. Looking forward to the next episode with SFB footage.

Rad!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post

Thrilled to be in SLC skiing with some old pals and new friends. Skiing with Skifishbum is a blast for an elderly ice coast skier like me. Heard from many mags what an extraordinary guy SFB is, they were right. Getting some good content. The series will improve
    We didn't wait for the opening of that gate, but did get up Evergreen shortly after opening for some sweet untrack down the ridge and Coyote(?) chutes. Hoping for some good clips and shots.

I had an intimate encounter with an aspen. Fortunately I had slowed down just enough to have my bell rung, but no damage.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Chad aka LBSki

Aggressive in my own mind

I’ll be back in SLC in Feb. At Copper Thurs, Abasin Friday. Episode 5 is better, 6 will be a week from today, 2 weeks from now SFB et al in the yet to be edited episode 7

I’ll be back in SLC in Feb. At Copper Thurs, Abasin Friday. Episode 5 is better, 6 will be a week from today, 2 weeks from now SFB et al in the yet to be edited episode 7

So stoked for this ^^^

When you're back in SLC come ski basin with me!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I'm hitting sunlight tomorrow. You have Indy? Are you around?

Charles, you make it through Colorado unscathed?

The videos keep getting better, keep em coming

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the next one. Need mo' skiing.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Thomas, I'll be back in your neck of the woods in a few weeks
    Byates, have Indy, Will communicate better on next westward excursion.
    Iowagriz, almost unscathed and recovering. Glad you find the episodes improving. Thanks
    Ben, there will be more skiing and a higher ratio of skiing to my rambling. Let's get some good footage of you at Jay!

New ones every Wednesday (episode 7 tomorrow). Episode 6 is largely about my impression of Fort Morgan when the van had an issue. Fort Morgan CO was the birthplace of Glenn Miller and is widely known today as the smelliest town in CO, perhaps the whole country

SFB et al in episode 8, next week

https://youtu.be/G-9-mcuklI0
    Last edited by charlesj; 01-31-2023 at 11:56 PM.

Part Deux of Beardcicles in The Beehive State.

This one is better than the preceding ones. By the end of the season they will be good.

https://youtu.be/XAmQfKlkpBo

Another good one, you even have my seldom skiing spouse enjoying them.

Post up your approximate travel schedule, especially as you get into Montana.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Nice one
    Thanks, Cat! trying to make them better. Just returned from 2nd Quebec quickie (le Massif is impressive and the old town of Quebec is beautiful) Going west again next week and will ski some WI and MN en route to MT, AB, ID etc Will meet up with Skinipenem somewhere out there and hope to ski with as many Mags as possible in the weeks and months ahead.

this was shot a couple weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNztHT9P8Q&t=198s

have one more in the can but need a new editor! Have stuff from last New England trip (Smugglers, Blk Mt NH, Killington, Loon and the mighty King Pine!) I am too busy driving and skiing to edit myself, also too indecisive. Kind of stopped editing a long time ago because I don't like sitting all day (says the guy driving all over N America )

Keep watching. They will get better when I ski with and talk with the mags at their local mountains.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...s-Skis-America

this one's ok, unless you really don't like children...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaSoexsC1eM

Michael cares that you tele, so do I. Smugglers Notch in this one, low tide last month.

https://youtu.be/jewbpFTEhpw

I’m in SLC now about to head north. Powder Mountain tomorrow and a bunch of modest mountains in ID after that.

Name:	Image1679102444.976291.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	452304

An undisclosed nameless corner of Snowbird yesterday with Skinipenem and Mandy (extremely good rider) shortly before my most bizarre crash in decades that was unfortunately not documented (I will draw a series of images to convey WTF happened)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679102201.837462.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	452300  

Powder Mountain is rather large. Might spend a few days here exploring as there is a new problem with my two ton tent on wheels. Don’t need a tow truck yet but don’t want to wait until I need an ambulance. Something is up with brakes and/or suspension and/or drivetrain. Anyone know a good mechanic in Ogden?

you should consider stopping by maverick if you are coming up I15 into montucky. very unique vibe. i can show you around and provide quaint lodgings.
    swing your fucking sword.

Powder Mountain is rather large. Might spend a few days here exploring as there is a new problem with my two ton tent on wheels. Don’t need a tow truck yet but don’t want to wait until I need an ambulance. Something is up with brakes and/or suspension and/or drivetrain. Anyone know a good mechanic in Ogden?

Frank’s Auto on Mountain road was always fair.

Name:	Image1679525374.321443.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	508.5 KB 
ID:	452825

The car’s problem was the bearings, not catastrophic but that steering wheel was shaking like crazy and I still have plenty of mountain miles to drive. I got it fixed at Frank’s automotive. Took the bus to Powder Mountain yesterday. Skied hard with a young fella from New Hampshire who skis alpine and tele (Charles cares)

Skied the Beaver today I liked it. I had a feeling I would like the Beaver. Most would go for the Tetons first. I was close to the Beaver so I went for it. Much wetter than anticipated.

Name:	Image1679525837.247765.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	452830

Name:	Image1679525804.793167.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	452829

My aches and pains were worse than usual today. The arthritic knee that’s been grinding for 15 years hurts whether I ski or not but of course more if I ski hard. I think yesterday at PowderMountain. I recracked a rib that I cracked in January and was almost better. I think I did a rotator cuff thing in January too that still hurts. Spoke with an 80 year old Telemarker from the Northeast Kingdom at Beaver Mountain today. She’s still at it after a hip replacement. I’ve got nothing to complain about. My son says I’m spry. I’m trying to live up to that.

Next stop Jackson. Not sure where I’m going to park the minivan tonight but I’ll figure that out. I’m sure it’s a real friendly town for people parking overnight on the street or wherever. Swank towns tend to be that way for the dirtbag skiers, van folk, etc. Maybe I’ll ski the diminutive hill there tomorrow if I’m physically up for it. Might need to recover and eat a fancy meal. I wonder if there are any places to get a good fancy meal in Jackson, hmmm (I have a love-hate thing with the fancy towns)

Jackson is somewhat friendly to vanners. There is a parking lot in the center of town. Also our by the airport is a pull off