Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    come to calibama
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
    Powderhorn Wednesday
    Powderhorn is a little gem, I like that place. Fun tree skiing off the West End lift.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Powderhorn is a little gem, I like that place. Fun tree skiing off the West End lift.
    Indeed! Sorry Charles, I'm working today or I would have gave you a tour.

Did u get to ski the bumps at all at Powderhorn? They're so lumpy and fun

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Powderhorn was fine, very few people. Conditions ok for an easterner. It was the first CO place I ever skied about 35 years ago. Reconnecting with hometown (Alfred NY) friends after many decades. Telluride was impressive. Conditions were described by the regulars as worst of the season (fine for an easterner) Onward to Taos today!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Get some hot springs soaks in along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Get some Silverton in along the way.
    fify
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

My Pro Ski Bum Tour of North America 22/23

If I was a better planner, I would’ve hit Silverton and Purgatory and taken people up on their offers. Did not know I was going to Telluride until a couple days ago. Drive 550 down to Durango, a beautiful and harrowing drive.

https://youtu.be/RJpJ6K8Twn8

The recent western adventures will be in episodes many weeks from now. I have been having a gas seeing old friends and making new ones. I’ve skied many new places this year and I won’t get to my hundredth mountain and that’s no big deal. I skied fewer than 50 days, I expected more, but I can’t complain. I am really fortunate to have been welcomed by so many people from this community.

and I may get up to Tuckerman in April. Will go west again in May. I’d rather not stop skiing. I don’t share most people’s joy about spring time. I see Springtime as the death of lift serviced skiing.
    Last edited by charlesj; 04-14-2023 at 02:30 PM.

Them: "Oh, it's spring, it's warm again"

Charles (and my take too): "Yeah!? And the snow is melting! FUCK THAT!"

LOL
    I've only watched a few, but liked what I've seen.
    If you get out Hood way, hit me up!
    I did get to ski TLine last week, so that helped the withdrawal symptoms a bit. Weening myself off works better than cold-turkey.

Well, I skied fewer days and fewer places than I thought but I did get around (too much driving).
    This is the last one for a while. On the journey(s) I skied with and interviewed many long time skiers and some kids. There are a lot of common threads that I should weave into something. Next year I will plan better and ski with a bunch of you who invited me to make some turns with you on your home mountains. Will hopefully get to OR, WA , CA, MT and ID. I met and skied with more mags this season than I have in the last decade. Extreme thanks to all of you who put me up or put up with me, let me point a camera at them, shared beta etc. or invited me to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_2p...61sae&index=27

whole freaking season playlist here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...AD5wXFqB761sae

"Some of them are ok"

rad. i'll be full time in the east xmas-feb, then indy pass road trip west in march, big sky april.

hope we can link up!

Why do you have title pictures that are not from the shorts? Comes off as clickbait

Why do you have title pictures that are not from the shorts? Comes off as clickbait
    The title page shown above seems appropriate for the final episode of the 2022-2023 season, leaving the viewer asking if the series will continue next season.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

My Pro Ski Bum Tour of North America 22/23

Excellent question. I didn’t notice when this started happening, but it pisses me off to no end. I was going to ask people here what they thought of it. A consultant told the social media person of magic mice productions (a grown woman who uses exclamation marks to express enthusiasm waaay too often) that would get us more viewers.

I was more than indignant I was enraged . My natural inclination is to respond that if we had cleavage shots, we would get more clicks. There were some scantily clad hotties at Taos on April 1 and it didn’t occur to me to exploit their images for this project.

I’m trying to be polite, but I’ve already spoken with the executive producer. I think he understands my rage and concern. The whole project was flawed on many levels, and this pisses me off a lot. I kept telling the first editor make them shorter, make them shorter, and sometimes he clearly did not listen.

I don’t care what the YouTube normal thing to do is. Those thumbnails will change whether the project continues next season or not. (Did you notice the stock photo of some generic skis from 1997) The thumbnail above is also not the most flattering frame of my pal Andy’s skiing. The composition is bad. Graphically bad.

I have a bunch of good footage of beautiful mountains, competent skiing, decent interviews and my sleep inducing monotone. When I’m not too busy doing other crap I’d like to edit it into something decent.

Significant other (with background in marketing and magazine editing) thinks I’m getting excessively worked up over this. I want to fix the problem, but I don’t want to come across like an asshole to people I’ve never met in the flesh (though the older I get the less concerned I am with people figuring out that I’m an asshole)
    Last edited by charlesj; 07-13-2023 at 01:33 PM.

I was hesitant to comment on your work, but at least it was in the same vain as your thoughts. I can’t imagine the frustration of having another person edit it in that way. Anyways enjoyed the series as it was a different take on skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
    Excellent question. I didn’t notice when this started happening, but it pisses me off to no end. I was going to ask people here what they thought of it. A consultant told the social media person of magic mice productions (a grown woman who uses exclamation marks to express enthusiasm waaay too often) that would get us more viewers.

I was more than indignant I was enraged . My natural inclination is to respond that if we had cleavage shots, we would get more clicks. There were some scantily clad hotties at Taos on April 1 and it didn’t occur to me to exploit their images for this project.

I’m trying to be polite, but I’ve already spoken with the executive producer. I think he understands my rage and concern. The whole project was flawed on many levels, and this pisses me off a lot. I kept telling the first editor make them shorter, make them shorter, and sometimes he clearly did not listen.

I don’t care what the YouTube normal thing to do is. Those thumbnails will change whether the project continues next season or not. (Did you notice the stock photo of some generic skis from 1997) The thumbnails above is also not the most flattering frame of my pal Andy’s skiing. The composition is bad. Graphically bad.

I have a bunch of good footage of beautiful mountains, competent skiing, decent interviews and my sleep inducing monotone. When I’m not too busy doing other crap I’d like to edit it into something decent.

Significant other (with background in marketing and magazine editing) thanks I’m getting excessively worked up over this. I want to fix the problem, but I don’t want to come across like an asshole to people I’ve never met in the flesh (though the older I get the less concerned I am with people figuring out that I’m an asshole)
    The stock skiis and fanny wag turn are pretty bad. "the end" is kind of standard fare these days on you tube and actually seems to be a little tongue in cheek given the batman 'esque 'kapow' design. Perhaps unintentionally.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB