Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I shoot and edit the Bridger Bowl Daily Video and have for the past 18 seasons; down to 3 days per week this season but if it lines up, would be happy to show you around! Good luck with the project!
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBill View Post
    I shoot and edit the Bridger Bowl Daily Video and have for the past 18 seasons; down to 3 days per week this season but if it lines up, would be happy to show you around! Good luck with the project!
    I’ll get there for sure, probably late January or in Feb. Look forward to all the mountains in MT

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Subscribed. Looking forward to following the adventure!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBill View Post
    Oh yeah? I’m definitely a fan!

signed in for this epic journey

Still bumpin the tiny hills here in the ECRC.

Long In The Tooth Maggots Unite!

Look forward to your travails and help with a respite of kindness when you get close.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Cool thread, and the idea of a sponsored ski season to film sounds amazing.

On the topic of ski road trips in MT: Normally it’s names like Bridger, Big Sky, and Whitefish that stick out for out-of-State skiers. However, there are a ton of smaller ski hills that are worth checking out. Plenty of mags can chime with reccos, but overall you could easily link a bunch of stops together and bunny hop across the state.

So if you have any interest in checking out the Lost Trail/Snowbowl/Lookout/Discovery axis, I’m in the that area and would be more than willing to help out.

I can’t wait to ski the modest mountains of MT as well as the bigger ones. Still getting vehicle prepped and acquiring camera gear. Going east for December, will be bound for the west in Jan

I'll be skiing full time for four months. Get in touch. Will link up for some turns!

What camera gear will you use for a venture like this? I've mostly been a photographer on backcountry trips so an RX100 has worked fine for that but it leaves something to be desired on the video front.

My Pro Ski Bum Tour of North America 22/23

Byates, definitely! Have not ventured west in a few years. There is a lot of good terrain there if I recall correctly!

Kinkilla, Still trying to figure out the more serious camera I will bring in addition to gopros and a phone. Have been using video cameras for over 40 years and in the past 15 I’ve shot a lot of video with DSLRs. I like a big image sensor behind the lens but that requires bigger lenses. Many still cameras don’t have great audio capabilities. They also lack monster zoom lenses that can be useful. Whichever way I go it will end up on a tripod some of the time and any of the more formal interviews I do will be done with the bigger camera. Was thinking of a small mirrorless but I would also like to be able to shoot some slo mo (>240fps) with a long lens. I have to pick something soon and get familiar with it fast

It can be a PITA to lug around a bigger camera and a tripod. I crash about once every ten days of skiing (I know, not pushing myself hard enough) I don’t want to crash with a bulky camera that might damage me, screw up the production and shorten my season. I am considering the sibling of your camera, RX100 VII for size, incredible zoom range and slo mo.

edit: going with the RX100’s bigger bulkier brother Sony RX10IV for incredible zoom range and impressive slow motion. Hopefully it will do the trick.
    Last edited by charlesj; 11-20-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Bump for suspense

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Finally getting started on the adventure. I’ll be going east, mostly New England, several times within the next 2 months with forays to WV, NC and the MItten. Will go West after that. Skiing with Skinipenem at killington this weekend. After that I’ll be somewhere else in Vermont or New Hampshire for a few days.

A couple of trailers for the madcap project were cut. One need not be nostradamas to anticipate the response here. Where is the skiing? Quite true not enough skiing. And that jackass Masshole is not as funny as he thinks he is.

The lack of skiing footage is because I wasn’t skiing with you all last year. I was skiing alone or having too much fun to document.

https://youtu.be/pDlkZBkanW4

My Pro Ski Bum Tour of North America 22/23

If you hit subscribe, it would make the people funding my madcap mild adventure very happy. Thanks. Let’s ski

Subscribed. More footage of your mom!

Get a job, ya friggin bum! Holler if you pass by mt hood, I’d be happy to show you around our mediocre hill on the Indy pass

Subscribed

Subscribed...

Subscribed, check in if you get lost in ME and end up near Carrabassett Valley

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Where are you headed in WV? This is my favorite kind of ski roadtrip and can't wait to see how it plays out. Also the mentions of UC's up thread just hit me with the nostalgia.

shit, ill watch it, scribed

I subscribed to your Youtube channel! Follow me back at raisingarizona13.

Come ski in AZ!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Snowboarder here in Utah if you’re so inclined. Subscribed.

Skiing Killington tomorrow with CharlesJ. Come ski extremely packed powder with us.

My kiddo won't be in tow tomorrow... only the elderly.

Xpost ECRC

not interested in magic mice...will this tour have its own YT channel?

I’ll post links here. Magic Mice Productions has several projects underway, mine is but one of them.