Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    $1200/person/day for 6 runs of 2000+ vert each?
    Lodging, food, drinks not included.

Groups of 4 optimal.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    A few reasons...primarily logistics and cost. It's more convenient and a lot cheaper (like $400 vs $1000) to fly in and out of Calgary vs Kelowna. Adamants is also about $1000 more expensive than Bobbie Burns. I don't exactly have money to burn. I'm saving money and looking for side hustles where I can to make this happen, which is why I started this thread in the first place. So far, most of the other places suggested here are still considerably more expensive than what I'm looking at.

We will have more than four people anyway and hope to have 9-10 which should get us our own group.

Adamants does look awesome, though.
    10 is a big crew to manage, good luck~!
    For cost control, you may want to look at roadside options, because those fly in lodges come at a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    For cost control, you may want to look at roadside options, because those fly in lodges come at a premium.
    Good point! Our core group is 5, but there are a handful of others that may join as well.

For others that may be following this for future trips, the price I’m seeing for a five day trip (which is really four nights and 4 1/2 days skiing, 80,000 feet guaranteed) is about $5500. It’s not cheap by any means, but not totally insane IMO. Trips earlier in the season would be a few thousand more at least.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by thecadgod View Post
    Doesnt matter Heli or Cat 1 noob in there can ruin the whole day. Best advice is start growing a crew and fill up the Cat or Helo. Low exp, wrong gear or not following guide's directions can ruin a day. Fernie Wilderness Adventure is a cool day op in Fernie. Big Red Cats is cool too, Valhalla was better before Baldface bought em. At Kpow and Fernie I have seen them pull people from Cats cause they sucked. At Baldface they just made is wait.
    I thought Baldface is more geared toward the boarder crowd. In looking at their site and marketing material, it's all dude-bros gettin' rad on lunch trays.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Sorta also interested in getting a crew going. I am not big on air but I am big on pitch and speed and logging lots of vert. I will definitely keep you in mind Bobcat if I can start corralling some #s.
    I can dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Agreed, that's why I suggested CMH Revelstoke. With their hotel in town, you can ski the local hill if the bird can't fly.

So's you go up Nord eh!

You talk to the nice folks at SilverKing Heli and get a bump in one of their beauty A-stars with you and 4 of your buddies.

https://silverkingheli.com/

Have them drop you on the top of any one of the hundreds of zones in the beautiful Bulkley Valley area.

Arrange a pickup spot and time, or pick a spot where you can ski to the truck at the end of the day.

Keep your inreach in hand to text a pilot if you want/need to bug out early.

Rip a lap and then do skin laps to your heart's content.

Depending where you are going $150-400can per person.

Best Bang for Your Buck Heli-wise!

Last Frontier is amazing as well but you need many more bucks for your bang.

edit - there are a few guides around as well if that is more your thing. Well worth it in my opinion, but it does bump up the bucks- and bang - per person significantly

I some how rallied a group of 12 and been filling up the whole cat.

Baldface is a marvel in marketing. They have 2 very different crowds. The "industry" crowd either rider, buyer or somehow connected. Then the very wealthy guy who drops 5k a night in the bar, sleeps in a villa never once seen a Craig Kelly video.

Look at Valhalla, they were a great off the map Cat place. After 2 seasons with Baldface there is a wait list...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

If you do find yourself in need of a spot-filler, keep me in mind. I can't seem to get any of my friends to pop for such a trip anymore. I guess kids cost a lot of money or something? Or their wives will divorce them if they don't go with? I dunno. I'm good for it and i'll huck my meat just the same with an unknown.
    You haven't asked me You know it doesn't take much to talk me into such things these days), and my wife seems to always be trying to get rid of me

...and I don't even own a starter jacket or slalom skies.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Since I'm poor by us Skier Standards and don't have a core group I helied twice in my life both with my wife.

We both agreed that AK heli in haines Was better than PNH.

But in haines we had a lead guide and on pnh some strangely indecisive guy.

Weather and snow conditions were both not perfect.

I enjoyed touring at Thomson pass near Valdez more. But I like making my own decisions and am comfortable navigating terrain.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight99 View Post
    What is the most reliable outfit to go with as a single and not be lied to about being with other experts and stuck on flat terrain.

I would honestly make sure to crash the helicopter into a mountain on the way back to get my point across if someone pulled that shit on me after spending that kind of coin.
    my research tells me Silverton are the biggest assholes in the business. You will probably fit in there best.
    off your knees Louie

What is the most reliable outfit to go with as a single and not be lied to about being with other experts and stuck on flat terrain.

I would honestly make sure to crash the helicopter into a mountain on the way back to get my point across if someone pulled that shit on me after spending that kind of coin.
    Strong work for a 38 post Jong who's handle is that of one of the worst beers on the planet. Kudos!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Every time I have asked this to a Guide, Lodge Manager, Cat Driver or Owner most say Alaska, Black Ops has been suggested multiple times. The harder the place is to get to and farther away from a resort the better chance you have. I been to Fernie Wilderness Adventures multiple times, and had great groups. The one time we had a very very slow rider they pulled him from the Cat, and had a guide give them a private day on the back of sled, win win for everyone. The group got to ride on and the newbie got a great day on mellow slopes, everyone had a great day. If you go to Park City Powder Cats or Vail Powder Guides or any place near a touristy resort, the chances increase.

Just want to mention, don't judge a book by the cover. I been in Cats at Park City Powder Cats with a group of middle aged woman that were great skiers. I been in Helo's in Golden that had a 9 year old kid that shredded everything in front of him with mass style. I have been in Cats at Baldface with guys n over 10k worth of gear on them that couldn't manage their way down a blue in open powder.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    You haven't asked me You know it doesn't take much to talk me into such things these days), and my wife seems to always be trying to get rid of me

...and I don't even own a starter jacket or slalom skies.
    If you're serious, let's find a few more denist-mags and send it!

For any of you other degenerates reading this that want to get rad (and by that, I mean ski with some great skiers - meat hucks optional), and then drink Bordeaux and port with the resident TGR vet; PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    If you're serious, let's find a few more denist-mags and send it!

For any of you other degenerates reading this that want to get rad (and by that, I mean ski with some great skiers - meat hucks optional), and then drink Bordeaux and port with the resident TGR vet; PM me.
    I may be on sabbatical late Feb thru early April. Just say’n.
    Uno mas

IN B.C. April is the end of the season and as such some of the steeper runs could be closed and weather can get real mild.

Mike Weigele Helisking out of Blue River is very highly regarded which means there may be zero vacancies and Blue River gets more snow than most. They also have a Cat if the choppers can't fly and/or to accommodate iffy skiers.

Imma start saving now
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Come on, posts don't make you a better skier. Maybe reduce the chance of ripping out a binding on 3rd mount.

Coors light though? WTF.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Come on, posts don't make you a better skier. Maybe reduce the chance of ripping out a binding on 3rd mount.

Coors light though? WTF.

Oh yeah? I've got twice as many posts as you. Ski off! Snowboard, ski and tele. Lowest aggregate time on the 3 runs. Gauntlet dropped. HA!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Definitely not the best bang for your buck, but I cast a vote for Tyax. Private heli, so if you fill the heli with your own crew, good times will follow. The lodge and food are amazing and the tenure is massive. I guide up there from time to time so I’m biased.

Best bang for buck for me was AK heli Haines AK. You say you don’t but are you sure you don’t need some Alaskan spines in your life?

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Best bang for buck for me was AK heli Haines AK. You say you don’t but are you sure you don’t need some Alaskan spines in your life?

This.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Oh yeah? I've got twice as many posts as you. Ski off! Snowboard, ski and tele. Lowest aggregate time on the 3 runs. Gauntlet dropped. HA!
    Sure, if you host. A six pack of gnarly IPA is on me regardless of the race outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    If you want to go S Hemi, the people that run these outfits are top notch:

Canterbury:
    https://www.instagram.com/methven_heliski/

Mt Cook/Southern Alps:
    https://www.instagram.com/mtcookheliski/

Queenstown/Wanaka:
    https://www.instagram.com/harrismountainsheliski/

Disclaimer: never been heli skiing (nor cat skiing), but I know the people and have heard nothing but good stuff.
    called up mtcook heliski during a storm cycle (2010? Don’t recall exact year) and he was stoked to have clients so he could check out conditions. We waited a day or so for things to stabilize, then me & my GF drove up for the day from Queenstown. Just us two, the guide and pilot in a 4 seater. Super affordable. Ham sandwiches for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post

No. No, I’m not sure at all! Can you give a little more info on Haines?

Pnh was great, and good relative value - relative because it’s still heli expensive. AK Heli sounds interesting, maybe similar. The key to value is no frills lodge and food. If the website features pics of the lodge and dining, it will be $$$.
    On cats, Valhalla has been my best so far. Cats are just a better value when you risk-weight for likely no-fly days IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Pnh was great, and good relative value - relative because it’s still heli expensive. AK Heli sounds interesting, maybe similar. The key to value is no frills lodge and food. If the website features pics of the lodge and dining, it will be $$$.
    On cats, Valhalla has been my best so far. Cats are just a better value when you risk-weight for likely no-fly days IMO
    I recall that Valhalla was acquired by Bald Face and subsequently, hasn't been the same. I have not further detail on that other than what's been posted here. Did Valhalla lose part of their tenure?