Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1718
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I really like the tone and tenor of both these teams. None of this bullshit braggadocio that Tatum was all puffed up about. Enjoying listening to both coaches and the star players outside of any X’s and O’s.
    Agreed. Two grinder teams with chips on their shoulders is a refreshing vibe.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Agreed. Two grinder teams with chips on their shoulders is a refreshing vibe.
    Agreed. But Miami played with more intensity last night. Not sure Denver knows what it takes. There's a reason that historically teams have needed to get there, or almost there, and fail before they break through. Miami has that experience - 1 conference final and 2 finals in the last 4 years, plus Spo has been there a bunch. Denver much less so. I'm wondering if Denver can figure it out before it's too late.

While I’m hoping to see MIA win it, I think they are gonna struggle against this DEN team…not sure they’ll get another
    They barely squeaked that one out

Game 3 is going to be huuuuuge

Not buying Miami as underdog. I want the never ever nuggets to win it. Since it's not going to be a sweep, I predict Denver in 7. I think we're going to be entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Porzingis, really? I guess his stats look good, but man he looks bad on the floor. Plus it seems like he's a locker room cancer.

Tyler Herro is a stud and only 23. And we haven't seen bench fashion like his since AD himself. I'd put him in the top 5 or bojan bogdanvic. And I don't know about having 2 centers in the top 5

Heat regaining Herro could be a difference maker in these finals.

I wasn't surprised heat took this game, but I thought Murray was going to completely engage and light it up to steal the game. I liked watching him and Butler battling it out at the end.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    All fair points. Let's place Porzingasss on the bench.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Agreed. But Miami played with more intensity last night. Not sure Denver knows what it takes. There's a reason that historically teams have needed to get there, or almost there, and fail before they break through. Miami has that experience - 1 conference final and 2 finals in the last 4 years, plus Spo has been there a bunch. Denver much less so. I'm wondering if Denver can figure it out before it's too late.
    Agree. First time in Finals matters. Look at Warriors in 2015 vs 2022. Probably better team in 2015, but they were far more assured in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There was one play where MPJ shot a 3, and while he stood there watching it, the closest defender rushed to the rim and got the rebound. He's not the only player who has a habit of just watching his shot, but he is one of the worst offenders, and he was terrible last night. They need to pick it up.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Watched the 4th quarter again and I mostly saw a lack of execution from Denver, not effort. Plenty of bone headed mistakes on defense.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Agree. First time in Finals matters. Look at Warriors in 2015 vs 2022. Probably better team in 2015, but they were far more assured in 2022.

we may have to admit the Spoelstra is underrated as a coach..

I'm not sure I could rate him higher, but I do agree that lots of NBA fans do not realize how good he is.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    we may have to admit the Spoelstra is underrated as a coach..
    Most people who are real NBA fans generally rank their top 3 (in no particular order) as Pop, Kerr and Spoelstra. Those are also the three longest tenured guys with the same team (Mike Malone is 4th). He's held in extremely high regard around the league. Wouldn't say he's by any means underrated.

I underrated him as he had the big three when he first came up, but what he has done since, especially with this team is fantastic. my Money in on the Heat now

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I underrated him as he had the big three when he first came up, but what he has done since, especially with this team is fantastic. my Money in on the Heat now
    From Oregon too... obviously a great basketball mind.

Braun taking over!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Braun taking over!
    No joke. He looks sharp as hell.

Excellent bounce back game for the Nuggets. Don’t let up Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Off the top of my head, Jokic, Luka, Sabonis, Porziņģis, Markkanen
    If you are going way back in time to Sabonis, you forget Stockton.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    If you are going way back in time to Sabonis, you forget Stockton.
    I was thinking present day, but an all-time whitey team would look different. I think we'd have to have another member of the Jazz, Pistol Pete, in the mix perhaps. Walton too. That would be a pretty difficult list to throw together. Arvydas was amazing in his prime but hard to say what he would've done in the NBA during those prime years. I think crush it, but who really knows?

Prime Mark Price.

Jim Paxson

Chris Mullin

Man, that Joker Murray combo was really something in game 3...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Man, that Joker Murray combo was really something in game 3...
    Yep, anyone who is a basketball fan has to enjoy that artistry. Just like the artistry of Steph Curry bending defenses, or those Spurs teams of the 2000s and their beautiful offense. Just awesome to watch. And as you can attest re Steph, even awesomer to watch when done for your team (yeah, I'm a Celtics fan first, but Nuggets are second).

As much as I am a Nuggets fan, the Heat really has a great team. They bagged more 3s than Denver and Bam is really good. They hounded Murray like piranhas up court. It was an intense game.