Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    At least Steph is fun to watch
    Video for confirmation.

I watched it a few times. Not sure how that's possible lol. Love watching him play. (Also make sure to watch the Rockets' assistant coach on the bench when you watch it the third time).

Jaylen Brown keeps going down the Kyrie road... like I said a few weeks ago, it's not going to end well.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I agree, I wish he would just STFU about this. Makes a Durant trade more palatable, though I am not there yet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm honestly starting to wonder how many NBA players believe this black "true Israelite" shit... I think it might be a lot. Not many speaking out against it.

You can say the Jews run Hollywood or major sports agencies (because, well, they kind of do) but denying the holocaust or other basic history is next level crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You can say the Jews run Hollywood or major sports agencies (because, well, they kind of do) but denying the holocaust or other basic history is next level crazy.
    "The Jews" do not run Hollywood or major sports agencies; a lot of the power players in those businesses are Jewish. That's not just semantics, that's a really fucking important distinction that seems to be lost on a lot of people. I can't let that statement slide.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    "The Jews" do not run Hollywood or major sports agencies; a lot of the power players in those businesses are Jewish. That's not just semantics, that's a really fucking important distinction that seems to be lost on a lot of people. I can't let that statement slide.
    This.

I agree, I wish he would just STFU about this. Makes a Durant trade more palatable, though I am not there yet.
    Fuck. No good options.

Sixers with a nice win down 3 starters...but the Nets are going nowhere with their defense and lack of rebounding.

lol... calm down, you're missing the point and getting way too literal. You're a smart guy and I know you know better and you're talking down like the rest of us are a bunch of morons. Do you honestly think I'm siding with Kyrie / Kanye / Jaylen on this issue and wasn't being at all glib with my comment or do you just feel better now grandstanding on an internet forum? Yeah, the Jews don't "run Hollywood" - thanks for clarifying for the lowest common denominator. I'll get off the computer and go eat some more paste. Jesus Christ.

Hey look, you can get pissed off at Jon Stewart too...

I'm calm, what in my post seemed uncalm [insert Walter Sobchak gif]? And no, I don't think you have anything against "the Jews", sorry if you felt I was attacking you. It's just rhetoric that I see over and over, so common it's become normalized, and the acceptance of that rhetoric helps perpetuate the problem. I don't care what Jon Stewart said, he doesn't speak for "the Jews". And I bet if he were confronted with the point I'm making, he'd probably agree with me.

If "the Jews" control Hollywood, where are my fucking royalties, dammit.

And fwiw, I just watched that clip, and he would agree with me. And I just reread your post and I'm sorry you feel so attacked because I questioned the phrasing you used, but the phrasing is wrong and perpetuates the problem. I don't see how Stewart said anything different? His point was nobody should get suspended or silenced for saying wrong things, not that saying "the Jews control Hollywood" is perfectly fine.

Jaylen Brown is always the smartest person in the room. Always. Just ask him. Same with Kyrie, that’s why they didn’t get along in the same locker room.

At least a (non-speaking) part in a movie?
    Decisions Decisions

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

And fwiw, I just watched that clip, and he would agree with me. And I just reread your post and I'm sorry you feel so attacked because I questioned the phrasing you used, but the phrasing is wrong and perpetuates the problem. I don't see how Stewart said anything different? His point was nobody should get suspended or silenced for saying wrong things, not that saying "the Jews control Hollywood" is perfectly fine.
    Dude, this is a small, inconsequential internet forum. I’m not perpetuating shit. That’s my point. So again, calm down and have some perspective when reading an obviously hyperbolic statement. Or does the other thing make you feel good? Gimme a break. Be an adult. This whole fucking culture is caught up in BS semantics vs the obvious intent that really matters.

Sorry, all proceeds go to the space laser.

Dude, this is a small, inconsequential internet forum. I’m not perpetuating shit. That’s my point. So again, calm down and have some perspective when reading an obviously hyperbolic statement. Or does the other thing make you feel good? Gimme a break. Be an adult.
    You seem triggered. You've twice told me to calm down, when nothing I've posted is un-calm. Of course this is a small inconsequential Internet forum, nothing we post here is earth shattering. Yet we still post and discuss shit, and when people post things we don't like or don't agree with, we respond. Shall I go dig up some posts about your favorite team or players that you didn't like and set you off? Why would you even bother responding to such inconsequential posts on such an inconsequential corner of the Internet? Why do people here call out others when they post things that aren't ok?

Is it just that you don't like your posts being the ones getting called out? Because you feel like you're being accused of something? I'm not accusing you of anything, if that's what you need to hear. I'm merely pointing out that the language you used, that lots of people use, is problematic. That's exactly what Jon Stewart was actually saying, yet you ironically linked to it as somehow proving me wrong. Why you couldn't say "yeah, I agree, that's probably not the right thing to say" or even "I was just joking, but the language isn't ok" or whatever, instead of going off on me, is a bit odd.

Yes, one of us should probably calm down and be an adult, I do agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Sorry, all proceeds go to the space laser.
    This aggression will not stand! Where's my lawyer?

You seem triggered. You've twice told me to calm down, when nothing I've posted is un-calm. Of course this is a small inconsequential Internet forum, nothing we post here is earth shattering. Yet we still post and discuss shit, and when people post things we don't like or don't agree with, we respond. Shall I go dig up some posts about your favorite team or players that you didn't like and set you off? Why would you even bother responding to such inconsequential posts on such an inconsequential corner of the Internet? Why do people here call out others when they post things that aren't ok?

Is it just that you don't like your posts being the ones getting called out? Because you feel like you're being accused of something? I'm not accusing you of anything, if that's what you need to hear. I'm merely pointing out that the language you used, that lots of people use, is problematic. That's exactly what Jon Stewart was actually saying, yet you ironically linked to it as somehow proving me wrong. Why you couldn't say "yeah, I agree, that's probably not the right thing to say" or even "I was just joking, but the language isn't ok" or whatever, instead of going off on me, is a bit odd.

Yes, one of us should probably calm down and be an adult, I do agree on that.
    Lol… ok man. Look, my only issue is that you went literal on a statement of mine that was obviously hyperbolic to anyone who isn’t a fucking idiot. And the truth is you know it was exactly that and your response was somewhat performative. Do you actually think I was being literal? Really? I don’t think you do. Or maybe you're dumber than I thought, but I don't think that's the case. I'm giving you some credit, try doing the same for me.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 11-23-2022 at 05:21 PM.

Should be an interesting game for the Blazers tonight vs. the Cavs. Portland's centers have been suspect and I figure Cleveland will torch the paltry defense this evening.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Should be an interesting game for the Blazers tonight vs. the Cavs. Portland's centers have been suspect and I figure Cleveland will torch the paltry defense this evening.
    Was hoping to see the Garland/Mitchell - Dame matchups but I guess Dame is out hurt.
    I still call it The Jake.

https://youtu.be/-I8D7tQwnJA

JJ Redick did a nice interview with Steph that dropped on YouTube. Curry is such a funny and humble dude. I've been rooting against the Warrior dynasty for years now, but I hope they can turn it around this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

You can say the Jews run Hollywood or major sports agencies (because, well, they kind of do.)
    Hyperbolic? Pretty sure Danno isn’t the “fucking idiot.”

Pretty fun going to the Jazz game and actually watching the Pistons win. Two in a row on the road after starting 0-10 on the road.

Only the second time I’ve had seats in the lower bowl.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD192BCA-17A5-45FA-8950-FCF98CC2E23F.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	435290

Pistons down three starters but the rest of the team has been rallying the last two nights.

Name:	C1F1C9D5-5472-492C-9A83-439367CC1219.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	708.3 KB 
ID:	435292

Name:	31E89251-1DD5-475E-AA1B-C3F7A7371E2A.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	435293

Name:	0FDF3A72-753A-48AB-BE4E-A4605DD847B8.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	891.1 KB 
ID:	435294

Bogey icing that shit from the line was fun to watch, after a resounding applause to introductions of him and Burks the cheers turned to boos.

Name:	703054A2-9DDB-43F3-9F5E-0D2419A3FBFA.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	630.6 KB 
ID:	435295

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Hyperbolic? Pretty sure Danno isn’t the “fucking idiot.”
    Nice how you selectively removed the full context of what I said. Also didn’t call Danno that if you actually read what I wrote (pretty much said the opposite and that he was being performative). Anyway I’m done with this. If you think I’m some jew hater (it’s going to be super awkward telling one of my closest friends who happens to be Jewish) and can’t understand that I wasn’t even expressing a personal opinion and was referring to levels of idiocy then so be it. Sheesh.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 11-24-2022 at 07:45 AM.

Yes, this.

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    https://youtu.be/-I8D7tQwnJA

JJ Redick did a nice interview with Steph that dropped on YouTube. Curry is such a funny and humble dude. I've been rooting against the Warrior dynasty for years now, but I hope they can turn it around this year.
    Totally entertaining video. I find myself rooting against the Warriors frequently but Steph is so great - as a person and player - that it's hard not to root for him.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Yes, this.
    Good for you!!! Lol… people always getting upset by the wrong shit and confusing actual hate with throwaway comments, because of course. Welcome to modern America where obvious intent is a lost cause and we are literal as fuck but people pat themselves on the back and are such heroes. God damn.

Let me be very clear I was riffing on a trope. Hence all of my other posts shitting on Kyrie, etc. Didn’t think I had to spell out something so obvious. I feel like a standup comedian at a college right now.