Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1718
    JFB needs to be more selfish in shot selection in g7

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Can anyone explain why the clock went to 3.0 seconds from 2.1? I want this to be a clean win with an amazing last possible moment tip-in by one of my favorite Celtics, not a scandal.
    Watching the video it seems to me the whistle blows at 3.0 and it takes the official .9 to stop the clock and they put that back on to make it 3.0. Seems legit to me, is it a controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Seems legit to me, is it a controversy?
    Butlers double dribble seems more controversial to me. That would’ve sealed the game before all those foul shots. Hell of a game last night . Go Celts

https://apple.news/AFSsE2zZTQfWXKHcv0-bcrw

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Butlers double dribble seems more controversial to me. That would’ve sealed the game before all those foul shots. Hell of a game last night . Go Celts

Also the foul on Horford wasn’t a foul. The still shot shows Butler wasn’t touched.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Also the foul on Horford wasn’t a foul. The still shot shows Butler wasn’t touched.
    Yeah, Butler double dribbled. I guess you could call it a bobble, but then he lost the ball by lifting it into Al's arm. Mostly he was out of control and didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt there.

That said, the ref's weren't perfect but they were passable. Heat got some generous calls in the 3rd. C's had some in the 4th. I wish they let them play a bit more in the 2nd half, but they didn't suck too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Yeah, Butler double dribbled. I guess you could call it a bobble, but then he lost the ball by lifting it into Al's arm. Mostly he was out of control and didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt there.

That said, the ref's weren't perfect but they were passable. Heat got some generous calls in the 3rd. C's had some in the 4th. I wish they let them play a bit more in the 2nd half, but they didn't suck too bad.
    A couple plays before Horford's foul there was a similar call when Tatum brought his arms around and flailed up a shot attempt getting him three free throws. I thought NBA was putting a stop to those sorts of shenanigan's. The stuff Harden would often do.

Can anyone explain why the clock went to 3.0 seconds from 2.1? I want this to be a clean win with an amazing last possible moment tip-in by one of my favorite Celtics, not a scandal.
    Not only the odd adding of 0.9 seconds to the clock, but in the last sequence it didn't look like they started the clock on time which obviously helped to extend the 3 seconds just enough for the Celts to get the tip in...miraculous tip in by White. On the Horford foul it looked like the foul occurs with 2.8 seconds left, then the inbounds play the clock starts 0.1 seconds after Smart touches the ball. Either adjustment means the Heat win. LOL! what a way to lose! The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the NBA wants to make more $$ with having a game 7. I would bet the Celts win by 20+ points in game 7. Regardless, happy to see the Celtics make the finals and I think they're the best team to go up against Denver. Since I have no dog in the fight I just want to see a good series.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    A couple plays before Horford's foul there was a similar call when Tatum brought his arms around and flailed up a shot attempt getting him three free throws. I thought NBA was putting a stop to those sorts of shenanigan's. The stuff Harden would often do.
    That kind of foul has always been a foul. You have to let the player be able to bring the ball up to shoot; if you hit their arms while they are bringing the ball over their head, that's a foul. The things that they tried to stop was flopping and getting a player in the air or off balance and leaning into them as you shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post

Not only the odd adding of 0.9 seconds to the clock, but in the last sequence it didn't look like they started the clock on time which obviously helped to extend the 3 seconds just enough for the Celts to get the tip in...miraculous tip in by White. On the Horford foul it looked like the foul occurs with 2.8 seconds left, then the inbounds play the clock starts 0.1 seconds after Smart touches the ball. Either adjustment means the Heat win. LOL! what a way to lose! The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the NBA wants to make more $$ with having a game 7. I would bet the Celts win by 20+ points in game 7. Regardless, happy to see the Celtics make the finals and I think they're the best team to go up against Denver. Since I have no dog in the fight I just want to see a good series.
    If the NBA wanted the Celtics to win, why would they call the foul on Horford, why would they go to the video and say not 2 shots but 3?

And the clock should look like it starts .1 seconds after Smart touches it, that's how it's supposed to work. It's not supposed to change to 2.9 the instant he touches it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post

"It's a strange situation where fans from both teams have a case to feel cheated and lucky at the same time. Let's break it down. "

TL;DR - Two wrongs make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That kind of foul has always been a foul. You have to let the player be able to bring the ball up to shoot; if you hit their arms while they are bringing the ball over their head, that's a foul. The things that they tried to stop was flopping and getting a player in the air or off balance and leaning into them as you shoot.

If the NBA wanted the Celtics to win, why would they call the foul on Horford, why would they go to the video and say not 2 shots but 3?

And the clock should look like it starts .1 seconds after Smart touches it, that's how it's supposed to work. It's not supposed to change to 2.9 the instant he touches it.
    Fair points. I didn't mind the outcome.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Just checked ticket prices for tomorrow, and while they're outrageous it's still possible to get in for less than the cheapest 3rd party Taylor Swift ticket at Gillette last weekend. What a fkn world we're living in.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Just checked ticket prices for tomorrow, and while they're outrageous it's still possible to get in for less than the cheapest 3rd party Taylor Swift ticket at Gillette last weekend. What a fkn world we're living in.
    That you know these figures shows some range

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    That you know these figures shows some range

30 minutes from my house to either Foxboro or the Garden and I have a 12 year old daughter... Lol. Comes with the territory.

Denver is going to whip the winner of game 7 tonight. So clearly the best team in the league right now when Jokic and Murray are on.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Denver is going to whip the winner of game 7 tonight. So clearly the best team in the league right now when Jokic and Murray are on.
    QFT
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Agreed. Neither Heat nor Celtics look consistent enough to win that seris. Nuggets in 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Too often the team that gets a lot of rest comes out rusty compared to the team that has been playing. And I think I have learned not to bet against either EC team. So no idea what happens.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Was a Celts fan before vancouver and TO had teams so I'm going with the underdog. Go celtics! Haven't watched any of the series so far but will definitely take in game 7 tonight.

BTW hockey is stupid when there's no canadian teams in it and my team can't even make the playoffs.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Celtics are 7.5 point favorites in this game and the number 2 team in the East. The heat had to go through the play-in just to make the playoffs. The heat have been an underdog the whole playoffs and certainly tonight.

Go Heat!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ya, Celtics aren't really underdogs. Go Celtics!

Nick Nurse will see what he could get out of this sixers squad. Should be an interesting summer making moves too.

Too often the team that gets a lot of rest comes out rusty compared to the team that has been playing. And I think I have learned not to bet against either EC team. So no idea what happens.
    I think thats where El Chuppie is getting 5 games from. However, I don't like his math. Go Celtics.

Ya, Celtics aren't really underdogs. Go Celtics!
    Well there is the factoid that in 150 tries (if memory serves), no team in the NBA has ever come back from 3 games down.
    That gives em a little under doggishness (odds/point spread aside).
    Should be a great game regardless.
    Last edited by garyfromterrace; 05-29-2023 at 09:06 PM. Reason: How many games down.... Moran.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Rumor is that Spoelstra already bought the heat's next plane tickets. And they are to Denver, not Miami.

God, sometimes the NBA is fun.

I’m not sure I can find it, but there was recently a Reddit NBA post on whether rest actually helps or hurts. Essentially it wasn’t conclusive either way, iirc.

Still thinking the Nugs are too strong for either team after knocking off a little rust. Time will tell though.

Shit, Celts have a lot of work to do and not much time left.