Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1714

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

Hell yeah. Actually looked like a team tonight.

I saw up thread the discussion of a problem in the locker room, maybe it’s Grant Williams and not Smart? I saw at some point tonight he was in Jaylen Browns face about something. And the whole JMFB confrontation jinx thing…

Does Scott "the extender" Foster get credit for this win? Or we giving credit to Tatum, grant Williams and Big Al?

Also I didn't realize Mazzulla and Butler played college hoops against each other until I saw this meme today

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Anybody else all of a sudden thinking there’s a decent chance this series goes seven?

Jokic is clearly top 50 already. How many guys have 2 MVPs?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's a short list. But only using MVP's is kind of flawed because of voter nonsense. I mean, Shaq only has one which is total bullshit. He was hands down the most dominant player in the game for a solid 3-4 years. Not that I'm saying Jokic isn't already top 50 - he is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 8.19.37 PM.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	459856
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's a short list. But only using MVP's is kind of flawed because of voter nonsense. I mean, Shaq only has one which is total bullshit. He was hands down the most dominant player in the game for a solid 3-4 years. Not that I'm saying Jokic isn't already top 50 - he is.

I'm in with this is the list of all time greats if we can add the all time steals AND assists leader, 2 records that may never be broken...

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Anybody else all of a sudden thinking there’s a decent chance this series goes seven?

Not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Jokic is clearly top 50 already. How many guys have 2 MVPs?
    You guys are really literal.

Some GOAT, can't even get his team to the playoffs, let alone conference finals, at the age of 38.
    Not engaging in the GOAT debate, but it is worth pointing out that as impressive as LeBron has been at 38, Kareem won Finals MVP at the same age.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

That look of disbelief and bewilderment on Duncan Robinson's face after the over the head steal

Name:	Image1684931221.716198.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	459874

Oh I know, I just knew the list was WAY shorter than 50.
    Not engaging in the GOAT debate, but it is worth pointing out that as impressive as LeBron has been at 38, Kareem won Finals MVP at the same age.
    If you'll notice, I'm not actually debating who is the GOAT, just saying using what they did at 38 as determinative is silly. Especially when the guy claimed as the GOAT didn't do anything near that at 38.

Kareem was great at 38, but he also played with an inner circle great and another all time great in their primes, as well as a really solid supporting cast.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Never know. Maybe the Celtics pull an ‘04 Red Sox.

Kareem was great at 38, but he also played with an inner circle great and another all time great in their primes, as well as a really solid supporting cast.
    As did every single star player that ever won a championship. Nobody is dragging a bunch of mediocre players to the finish line by themselves in the league. 3 stars minimum.

Hot start C’s. Tatum with the monster dunk!
    crab in my shoe mouth

How bout now?

nay.

It ain't over til it's over.

TGR is pro-jimmy buckets

I mean JFB is amazing and all, but I still don't think he can carry the team all the way through, especially with another starter out in Vincent to add to Herro and Oladipo. If the rest of the Heat play like they did in game 3, yeah sure, but I don't think it's sustainable.

The Celts can fuck it up for sure, but overall they have way more talent, and more importantly health. I think they have a shot at being the first team evah to dig out of a 0-3 hole.

When the C's are stroking 3s you can't touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    I mean JFB is amazing and all, but I still don't think he can carry the team all the way through, especially with another starter out in Vincent to add to Herro and Oladipo. If the rest of the Heat play like they did in game 3, yeah sure, but I don't think it's sustainable.
    I don't care if he can carry the team to a chip. I just want him to beat the Cs and make the finals.

Hoping Herro and Vincent are back, if there's a game 6. 20 point lead ain't shit in today's NBA.

Eventually, someone has to come back from 3-0, why not the Celtics?

Eventually, someone has to come back from 3-0, why not the Celtics?
    Agree. Boston has history for comebacks on their side. ‘04 Sox did it. And the Pats came back down 28-3 with 2:15 in the3rd. Celts can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    20 point lead ain't shit in today's NBA.

Especially if you happen to be the Celtics. They have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But not tonight!!! FKNA!!!