Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

Well, as the resident TGR Warriors homer I guess it's my honor to kick off the new NBA thread with actual games that count only a few weeks away... so have at it.

While I'd love to see my Warriors repeat, as long as it's any team besides Brooklyn I'm good with that. I'd say there are legitimately 10 teams that could win it all, so it's wide open more than I can ever remember. Let the fun commence.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

just here to say Simmons is still a bitch,,,,won't shoot, bricks at the foul line....love it. sixers picked up depth - looking for ECF at a minimum.

It’s going to be fun seeing this thread title for the next 6 months.

And watching this young Cavs team play.
    I still call it The Jake.

Go Jazz go!

..... straight to the first draft pick for 2024.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Let's go Celtics!

_______ (insert coach's name) has really done a great job with the team.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So my buddy Tony and I started a sports (heavily NBA-focused) podcast. Give it a listen and while I'm putting myself out there, feel free to shit on my opinions but at least subscribe in the process. ;-)

Western Conference Preview...

Eastern Conference Preview...

I love the Celtics, however if they can't get solid coaching they are one lit match away from a dumpster fire. Maybe Stevens needs to step back in. Fortunately they have the same main players. Unfortunately Williams III is out. And Stevens wasn't able to take these guys as far as Udoka did.

Kings 1st round pick, Keegan Murray, is going to be good
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

TahoeJ, good on ya for putting yourself out there, though I have to add the TGR obligatory "fuck podcasts". I'm not a podcast guy, so I am not the target audience, but I will occasionally watch youtubes. But my attention span can't remotely stick around for an hour. I'm more of a 15-20 minute attention span, which is why I love The Fifty Project, every episode is short enough for me to digest. But again, I am not your target audience, because podcast. Good luck with it!

I reread this and realized it sounded less encouraging than I meant. I am impressed with the effort it takes and I hope it takes off for you in whatever way you want it to!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I love the Celtics, however if they can't get solid coaching they are one lit match away from a dumpster fire. Maybe Stevens needs to step back in. Fortunately they have the same main players. Unfortunately Williams III is out. And Stevens wasn't able to take these guys as far as Udoka did.
    Have faith, I think they will be more than a dumspter fire. And while Udoka did great, the comparison to Stevens is unfair, given their circumstances. They'll be fine. I mean, I don't know if they'll return to the finals given the strong Eastern Conference elite, but they might.

With Brogdon traded away from the Pacers to the Celtcs, who I simply cannot root for, I'm back to my normal prime teams, one east, one west. Cavs and Nugs. Simplifies my life.

I know you all care deeply about for whom I am rooting, so I thought I'd let everyone know.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    TahoeJ, good on ya for putting yourself out there, though I have to add the TGR obligatory "fuck podcasts". I'm not a podcast guy, so I am not the target audience, but I will occasionally watch youtubes. But my attention span can't remotely stick around for an hour. I'm more of a 15-20 minute attention span, which is why I love The Fifty Project, every episode is short enough for me to digest. But again, I am not your target audience, because podcast. Good luck with it!

I reread this and realized it sounded less encouraging than I meant. I am impressed with the effort it takes and I hope it takes off for you in whatever way you want it to!
    Thanks and yeah, no worries - this is intended to be have it on in the background while working or driving or doing something else, and we're just having fun and throwing it out there.

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

Sixers suck. That is all.
    Decisions Decisions

Stop it.....cavs are nice

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Sixers suck. That is all.
    LDO

Stop it

Thinking in no order....bucks, sixers, nets, celtics if they get healrhy...and coaching issues resolved. Think the heat run is over.

So, Suns/Celtics finals?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

stephen a. said watch out for the pelicans.....sleeper team.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Thinking in no order....bucks, sixers, nets, celtics if they get healrhy...and coaching issues resolved. Think the heat run is over.
    What, you are discounting Jimmy fucking Butler?

Draymond punched a teammate?

This is off to a good start.
    I still call it The Jake.

To be fair, that teammate has an eminently punchable face

I’m with Draymond. Jordan Poole is a bitch.
    Decisions Decisions

I didn't realize Poole was hated... is this just by Celtics fans? I can't remember any particular incidents but I'm also in hawaii drinking at the beach all day so my recollection ability is probably impaired at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I didn't realize Poole was hated... is this just by Celtics fans? I can't remember any particular incidents but I'm also in hawaii drinking at the beach all day so my recollection ability is probably impaired at the moment.
    I don't hate him. I just said he had a punchable face.