Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    How bout them Celtics? Damn. I went to bed after the first half. I didn't pay a lot of attention at the very beginning when the score was close. Then I started to take notice.

Celtics are definitely killing it. Looking forward to the rematch Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    How bout them Celtics? Damn. I went to bed after the first half. I didn't pay a lot of attention at the very beginning when the score was close. Then I started to take notice.
    man! tough to find a weakness w this team. was surprised the j's played as long as they did (although still under 30 min). wonder if there's a fine line between resting those two vs getting them their's for mvp/all star/all nba awards....

can celts management speak to sixers brass on how to build a team??......pretty please??

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    can celts management speak to sixers brass on how to build a team??......pretty please??
    I believe they should use a Utah area code for that conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I believe they should use a Utah area code for that conversation.

I'm not giving Ainge the credit for Boston. Stevens stepped in and is going to do what Ainge couldn't. Ainge lost sight at the end and couldn't stop tinkering with something that just needed patience.

I'm not giving Ainge the credit for Boston. Stevens stepped in and is going to do what Ainge couldn't. Ainge lost sight at the end and couldn't stop tinkering with something that just needed patience.
    So he isn’t messing with what Ainge built - got it

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

So he isn’t messing with what Ainge built - got it

Both guys deserve credit. Ainge drafted Smart, Brown, Tatum (including the trades that allowed them to get these guys), Time Lord, Grant Williams. Stevens had a big role in developing these guys, and it's Stevens who brought Big Al back (getting rid of Kemba in the process), White, Brogdon (and fringe guys like Hauser and Kornet she Griffin). Ainge laid the foundation, but this isn't just Danny's team, not by a long shot. Because even the players picked by Danny were developed by Brad.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Both guys deserve credit. Ainge drafted Smart, Brown, Tatum (including the trades that allowed them to get these guys), Time Lord, Grant Williams. Stevens had a big role in developing these guys, and it's Stevens who brought Big Al back (getting rid of Kemba in the process), White, Brogdon (and fringe guys like Hauser and Kornet she Griffin). Ainge laid the foundation, but this isn't just Danny's team, not by a long shot. Because even the players picked by Danny were developed by Brad.
    I'll settle for that take, although I think it's far to generous to Ainge. Carrying a grudge doesn't really help me, does it?

Come on, he built a championship team, traded it away at the right time for a host of draft picks, drafted Smart, then Brown (who was pretty raw for a 3rd pick) and biggest of all, traded away the first pick in the draft for the 3rd pick (Tatum), and walked away with the best player in the entire draft. And drafted the Williamses. And hired Stevens. How can you not want to give him any credit?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Come on, he built a championship team, traded it away at the right time for a host of draft picks, drafted Smart, then Brown (who was pretty raw for a 3rd pick) and biggest of all, traded away the first pick in the draft for the 3rd pick (Tatum), and walked away with the best player in the entire draft. And drafted the Williamses. And hired Stevens. How can you not want to give him any credit?
    I’m not a huge Ainge fan, the jury is WAY out on how he does in Utah. But that is pretty damn impressive by any measure.

Top two reasons. There's more but this sums it up.

Kyrie. Irving.*

Al. Horford.**

* No excuse for Kyrie. And it to me demonstrates a lack of patience and trust in his players. Plus a profound misread of Kyrie's personality and effect on the team. Yes, we needed some talent. Thomas just wasn't going to be the guy to get us where we needed to go, as much as I like the guy. And the Hayward thing was just miserable luck.

** Yes, you've explained why a bunch of times. Al is old. And supposedly we couldn't afford him. I was good with that until he ended up back on the team. Again, I think it demonstrates that lack of patience. Glad to have him back and very glad Stevens did it. Smart was a huge part of making him a better player and now the band's back together. I still feel like Al got short changed though, yes, he just got the two year contract which I'm over the moon about, but his price went down. It's a business, but it can be cold.

https://youtu.be/uexLedltcmc

For the Celtics crowd

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Saying Danny serves a decent amount of credit for this team isn't the same as saying he didn't make mistakes (narrator: he did) or that he couldn't have done any better than he did. Kyrie was a mistake, but at the time it looked like a great move. Kemba was a hudge mistake, but it wasn't as obvious at the time.

Speed check along the road for Celtics. Dubs’ best game of year. Especially without Wiggins.

Kuminga is developing. Klay’s playing a little better.Steph amazing at 50/44/90 and 30/6/6.

Dubs have a tough road trip coming up and I guess we’ll see if they have grown enough to start winning in the road.

2/3 of the season left. Lots can happen.

Did TahoeJ really disconnect? Who is going to come on and claim Curry didn’t move his pivot foot in his place?
    Okay, I'm back after a little break. And yeah, Curry traveled for sure, no complaints, I just want it called consistently. But I still hate the Jews. ;-)

Oh, on a side note I went to a Sac Kings game the other week (against Indiana) and it was awesome.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I caught the end of the Ws at the Bucks while I was waiting for the Celtics game. That road game curse is something else.

Dubs are small even with Wiggins. Bucks are a bad matchup.

And, the Dubs played like bitches last night by letting the refs get in their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    It'll work out. Trust the process.

Tony Lamb, alleged rapist and former UVM player, got minutes though, so there's that.

Curry out for a few weeks at least with a partially torn labrum. Considering the Warriors are 14-15 you can pretty much stick a fork in them... outside of a late season run and then winning in the play-in tournament and then who knows what could happen, but I'm not liking those odds.

Guess I can hop on the Kings bandwagon for now.

I don’t know about that, still a lot of top end talent on the team. When does Wiggins come back?

Pelicans to the finals? Didn't think I would say that this decade

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Young teams don’t usually go there, but they look strong

Imagine if we get a WCF between Sacramento and New Orleans! Glad to see Zion doing well - that windmill 360 dunk to finish off the Suns was awesome.