Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1718
    Just as a general caveat you should always take John Hollinger’s forecasting with a huge grain of salt. He had the Warriors in 2022 winning 39 games… but instead of sniffing the lottery they won a title.

As far as Denver goes, with his hightened profile during this post season run there’s a pretty reasonable chance Murray will earn an All NBA spot next year and become eligible for a supermax. He’s already extension eligible for close to $50 mil per season over three years as compared to his current cost in the low 30’s. If you think he's going to just chill and play out his rookie extension contract after tearing his ACL once already, well, good luck with that. Is the cap going to go up? Of course, but that doesn't just cover everything up. But there’s no point arguing over this stuff, you’ll see.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Just as a general caveat you should always take John Hollinger’s forecasting with a huge grain of salt. He had the Warriors in 2022 winning 39 games… but instead of sniffing the lottery they won a title.

As far as Denver goes, with his hightened profile during this post season run there’s a pretty reasonable chance Murray will earn an All NBA spot next year and become eligible for a supermax. He’s already extension eligible for close to $50 mil per season over three years as compared to his current cost in the low 30’s. But there’s no point arguing over this stuff, you’ll see.
    Yes, and that's why I said that Murray resigning in two years could put pressure on the Nugs. But they'll have 20 mil or more room to fit him in, which should work fine. And it's not forecasting in this case. It's just math. I think the biggest confusion is that it's not the cap number that matters, it's the active cap number plus an free agents you have to resign. The nuggets have no important free agents and are well under the second apron - and still have a MLE. Really, they are in just about perfect shape for the next 2 years, cap wise, assuming no one gets badly hurt or falls off a cliff.

Their biggest issues are probably Brown and Green. Green actually is a FA, but I don't think they bring him back. And while they have the money to sign Brown to a higher number, they can only give him a mil or 2 more under the rules for his slot if he opts out - which may not be enough. Ironically, the replacement that has been brought up a few times if he leaves is GP from the Warriors.

Nuggets are in good shape cap wise, which is why you've seen no national noise around them having cap problems. They probably have some decisions to make at the margins (rotation spot 6.)

Turns out, for a guy who's technically not a geezer yet, Scottie Pippen is a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Yes, and that's why I said that Murray resigning in two years could put pressure on the Nugs. But they'll have 20 mil or more room to fit him in, which should work fine. And it's not forecasting in this case. It's just math. I think the biggest confusion is that it's not the cap number that matters, it's the active cap number plus an free agents you have to resign. The nuggets have no important free agents and are well under the second apron - and still have a MLE. Really, they are in just about perfect shape for the next 2 years, cap wise, assuming no one gets badly hurt or falls off a cliff.

Their biggest issues are probably Brown and Green. Green actually is a FA, but I don't think they bring him back. And while they have the money to sign Brown to a higher number, they can only give him a mil or 2 more under the rules for his slot if he opts out - which may not be enough. Ironically, the replacement that has been brought up a few times if he leaves is GP from the Warriors.

Nuggets are in good shape cap wise, which is why you've seen no national noise around them having cap problems. They probably have some decisions to make at the margins (rotation spot 6.)
    Okay dude. Just quoting this for future reference. Cheers.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Turns out, for a guy who's technically not a geezer yet, Scottie Pippen is a jerk.
    He always has been.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Is it game time yet?

For real! Let's go nuggets!

I expect tonight's game to be more competitive. Heat shot terrible in game one, only got the foul line twice and I won't call the refereeing bad or lopsided in game 1, the heat just weren't aggressive. I still think the nuggets will win the series but I suspect some adjustments from spo and much closer game tonight. On the flip side, the two nuggets stars weren't as dominant as typical. Neither Jokic or Murray had an amazing game, and they're capable of much more. Obviously with Gordon, MPJ having good games less is needed. Also, I think one of the reasons Jokic is such a prolific passer is that he's 7 feet and initiating passes from 6-10 feet up whereas your typical point guard/playmaker is passing the ball from a lower elevation (easier to defend/deflect). Just a thought I had while walking the dog last night.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

They have to stop with these scenic shots of Colorado during the ESPN broadcast. And the announcers gushing over how beautiful it is. Enough.

Is Cody Zeller the whitest guy in the NBA?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is fun.

I want Miami to win. I don’t expect them to. But I want them to.
    focus.

A chink in the armor!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Jokic = Drago
    Butler = Rocky

I didn’t hear no bell

Great game to watch
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Is Cody Zeller the whitest guy in the NBA?

I laughed. Who would be on the All-NBA white guy team right now?

Great game. Miami just keeps coming, really thought they were toast after the end of the 3rd Q.

Ugh, great game indeed, though bummed Nugs couldn't pull it out. Overall it was great basketball though. Miami's D was solid.

Nuggets lost their composure a little with the dumb fouls.

Jeff Green fucking KILLED the Nuggets. 11-0 run mostly due to his inattention.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    I laughed. Who would be on the All-NBA white guy team right now?

Off the top of my head, Jokic, Luka, Sabonis, Porziņģis, Markkanen
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Nuggets didn't play great but still almost had it.

How on earth did the refs not call goal tending on that "block" in the 4th Q? It was obvious.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Add Bird....or do you mean current players?

Bench: S.Adams, Herro, Caruso, Huerter, Reaves, F. Wagner

Does Brook Lopez count?

Porzingis, really? I guess his stats look good, but man he looks bad on the floor. Plus it seems like he's a locker room cancer.

Tyler Herro is a stud and only 23. And we haven't seen bench fashion like his since AD himself. I'd put him in the top 5 or bojan bogdanvic. And I don't know about having 2 centers in the top 5

Heat regaining Herro could be a difference maker in these finals.

I wasn't surprised heat took this game, but I thought Murray was going to completely engage and light it up to steal the game. I liked watching him and Butler battling it out at the end.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

No Love for Kevin? I’d put him on any current all whitey team for sure

Why don't I like Kevin Love? I try Guy got under my skin in Cleveland.

I really like the tone and tenor of both these teams. None of this bullshit braggadocio that Tatum was all puffed up about. Enjoying listening to both coaches and the star players outside of any X’s and O’s.
    focus.