Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    FFS I made it quite clear that I wasn't accusing you of anything, no hate, nothing. It's a common trope that people say without thinking, that they joke about, whatever, and it's something that I think should stop. It's like how we used to use different language that we now recognize is something that should be avoided. Like the word gay as derogatory or retarded for dumb. I used to use the word retard, I certainly never had hate for developmentally challenged folks, it was just a word I used that I don't now. I still think it, in fact, and still have to consciously avoid using it. Hopefully at some point I'll stop even thinking it. Joking comments about how "the Jews" control anything, even if meant as a joke and innocently devoid of any hate (which again, I know to be the case with your statement), helps normalize that language for people. And it's precisely because people like Kyrie and Kanye are doing their thing that makes me particularly sensitive to the normalization of that language, even in jokes. It wasn't performative and I wasn't accusing you of hate.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled NBA discussion.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Developmentally delayed.

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

Gonna leave this here, via Tom Segura on the "retard" note but the same theme translates elsewhere. Everyone is angry at the wrong shit and you should be coming down HARD on someone like Jaylen Brown because what he’s doing is literally a million times worse than making a trope joke. If you’re gonna give me any kind of shit whatsoever you should be furious at that motherfucker. Guys like him and Kyrie (and Kayne) are actually trying to faux-intellectual spread this kind of crap on a real level, causing real harm, regardless of the passive aggressive words or tweets at play. So at least be consistent. I know Jaylen is on your favorite team, but come on, say it, fuck that guy. In legal terms, as you're familiar with, there's a preponderance of evidence and it's pretty clear where he stands. I do take your overall point of not making those types of comments, however, and that is duly noted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669518359.568907.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	435565
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 11-26-2022 at 09:30 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Dude, just let it go

I am pissed at Jaylen Brown, I've posted as much in here.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Please stop.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Jaylen Brown can fuck off with tgat shit.

This was raised on r/NBA: Any Jazz fans regret the wins? Or are you good with Danny merely using other teams’ picks to try for Wemby?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    This was raised on r/NBA: Any Jazz fans regret the wins? Or are you good with Danny merely using other teams’ picks to try for Wemby?
    I'm not a Jazz fan, but I think they will come back to earth some. And if they do, I expect some trades. But having a good team and a boatload of draft picks isn't a bad place to be.

EDIT: just checked and they have come to earth some already, at 12-10. I expect that they will continue to be a middling team, as it is obvious that they have more talent than originally thought, and Hardy is a good coach. But Danny will trade some guys away if they are just a play in team at best (and that is their ceiling now, IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

I'm just trusting the process at this point. They're fun to watch and the vibes seem good, which is a nice change from last year. i rarely think going all in for a chance to draft a prospect works out (but can be franchise altering if it does) so whatever happens happens. The jazz have a lot of players that are really fun to watch so it's been an entertaining season.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I'm just trusting the process at this point. They're fun to watch and the vibes seem good, which is a nice change from last year. i rarely think going all in for a chance to draft a prospect works out (but can be franchise altering if it does) so whatever happens happens. The jazz have a lot of players that are really fun to watch so it's been an entertaining season.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Hardy seems like a good coach. Jazz are def entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Please stop.
    Totally fair. TGR used to be... a little (a lot) more open for both bad and good (you know, where I could hate on minorities as is my white birthright). But that Segura passage actually reminded me that I'm being "retarded" so I'm out for the time being, if such an obvious offhand comment despite demonstrated values to the contrary leads to getting shit. All good with all of you and maybe I'll ski you later if anyone is in Truckee / Tahoe (I've always got an extra bedroom or two for anyone visiting), but clearly it's time for me to step away. About to go get my first ski day of the year.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Totally fair. TGR used to be... a little (a lot) more open for both bad and good (you know, where I could hate on minorities as is my white birthright). But that Segura passage actually reminded me that I'm being "retarded" so I'm out for the time being, if such an obvious offhand comment despite demonstrated values to the contrary leads to getting shit. All good with all of you and maybe I'll ski you later if anyone is in Truckee / Tahoe (I've always got an extra bedroom or two for anyone visiting), but clearly it's time for me to step away. About to go get my first ski day of the year.
    Did TahoeJ really disconnect? Who is going to come on and claim Curry didn’t move his pivot foot in his place?

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Todays teens...so disrespectful to their elders.

Celtics are rolling and they have a couple of trade exceptions and a disabled player exception (likely not the correct term) to supplement their roster with two players not fully guaranteed. Teams are giving them their best shots making the Celtics tougher for the playoffs. Hopefully the starters minutes come down, but guys are getting games off here and there with minor bumps.

Im ready to blow up the sixers....ownership, gm, coach, players.......start over.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Celtics are rolling and they have a couple of trade exceptions and a disabled player exception (likely not the correct term) to supplement their roster with two players not fully guaranteed. Teams are giving them their best shots making the Celtics tougher for the playoffs. Hopefully the starters minutes come down, but guys are getting games off here and there with minor bumps.
    They have been fun to watch. And some of the secondary players -- guys like Hauser and Kornet -- have also looked really solid. I kept wondering what the Cs saw in Kornet, but watching him play, he knows how to fit into their system.

I honestly don't see a need to trade for anything at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    They have been fun to watch. And some of the secondary players -- guys like Hauser and Kornet -- have also looked really solid. I kept wondering what the Cs saw in Kornet, but watching him play, he knows how to fit into their system.

I honestly don't see a need to trade for anything at all right now.
    Ya, at first I wuZ like who the fuck are these guys? And then I saw why they are here. Impressed.

Yeah I like Vonleh and think he might grow into something for them, moves well, rebounds, has a three point shot. I really like the rookie Davison up in Portland. Jackson hasn’t impressed, but he has good length and is number 15 on the roster. The only reason to make a trade is if we need someone to cover for injury down the road or we get a real positive value out of the trade. The later is possible if we help facilitate a trade as a third team.

Regarding the sixers, I feel for you. Not easy pieces to trade. OKC could certainly be interested, but I don’t know how it would work out. Always considered the sixers bigger rivals than the Lakers. We play them more and I am getting yellow in the tooth. Still I feel for the fans having endured the process and ending up here.

Before blowing things up completely, the Sixers should maybe consider blowing up their coach.

^^^^start there for sure - blame the GM too for making this team old and slow.

Watching this young Cavs team play great defense and all 5 guys running the floor against LeBron and the Lakers in CLE is really fun.
    I still call it The Jake.

Almost as fun is watching Shaq body slam the on-set Christmas Tree on the post-game show.

What made it better was Chuck not understanding that real tree limbs break when met with that kind of force.
    I still call it The Jake.

Spurs have lost 11 in a row, looks like they really want Wembanyama. I wonder if the attendance of "big ol' women" (in Southern Barkley drawl) is down now that they're so bad

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Great comeback at end by Jazz tonight.

Young Dubs showed some promise but couldn’t close the deal.