Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Simons love: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/1...ers-heat-check

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The young guns of Ant, Sharpe mixed in with Jeremey Grant and Josh Hart really has transformed the team beyond anything that was imagined when they were playing shitty G-league guys most of the season last year. IDK if they can make a serious run in the playoffs but they are super exciting and entertaining to watch so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Simons love: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/1...ers-heat-check

Thank you for sharing that. Regardless of if you like the Blazers or Simon, the writing is fantastic.

"The final haymaker landed on the next possession. Simons came off a handoff at the top of the key and sized up Caldwell-Pope. He took his time, rocked him a little, then rose for another 3. Bang. 90-77 Blazers. Chaos in the Moda Center, the Portland crowd blood-drunk and delirious; the Portland bench, a mob of red and black jumping and skipping in place, suggesting Michael Malone call a timeout. Announcers Kevin Calabro and Lamar Hurd doing their best Brick Tamland impersonations and Dame bursting, his arms spread wide. You could practically hear the “Look at my beautiful boy!” You could practically hear the [rabid screams of ecstasy]. You could practically hear the “Yes! Look what I have created! I have made fire! I! Have made fire!”
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

Great writing.
    On TV, Chauncey barely changed expressions.
    Which is nice.
    Last edited by plugboots; 10-25-2022 at 07:52 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Hey folks put on this game on TNT right now.
    It’s W’s v Suns, both incredible teams pissed at each other.

Donovan Mitchell sets NBA record by staring the season with 3 30+point efforts. https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/new...ener-with-cavs

Now, we all know that's not going to continue, and the ball will be shared when Darius Garland comes back from his Game 1 eye-stabbing, but man, I like this team so far.

Making for a nice transition from the Guardos season while we all quietly ignore what's happening down at First Energy Factory of Sadness.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Ed Malloy - Superstar!

Name:  Image1666757364.923701.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  144.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Donovan Mitchell sets NBA record by staring the season with 3 30+point efforts. https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/new...ener-with-cavs
    Um, no, he didn't set a record. But I appreciate your enthusiasm.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Um, no, he didn't set a record. But I appreciate your enthusiasm.
    He set the record straight that he joined only two other players in history to do that in the NBA.

In a 3 game sample size!!! DON'T YOU APPRECIATE HISTORY!?!

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    It would be cool if the Warriors adopted a new strategy where they attempt to play defense. 3 straight games where they’ve allowed 70+ points in the first half. Oof!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It would be cool if the Warriors adopted a new strategy where they attempt to play defense. 3 straight games where they’ve allowed 70+ points in the first half. Oof!
    What does D matter the first week of the season as long as you score one more point than your opponent especially having to play 82 games plus playoffs.? Conversely no difference between a 1 point loss or 36 point loss.

It's mostly the second unit, they need to get more experience and coordination. Kerr is giving the kids and the new hires a long leash early in the season to build better chemistry. Also seems to be experimenting with the different lineup permutations. Not too worried at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    It's mostly the second unit, they need to get more experience and coordination. Kerr is giving the kids and the new hires a long leash early in the season to build better chemistry. Also seems to be experimenting with the different lineup permutations. Not too worried at this point.
    Wiseman looking good. Er, but his Olé defense…

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I told you guys last year that Ant was the man. He's going to be very, very good when he gets through puberty.

Blazers 4-0, including wins over the Lakers and the Nugs? I did not see that coming!
    First time since 1999. Hell yes!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Thank you for sharing that. Regardless of if you like the Blazers or Simon, the writing is fantastic.

"The final haymaker landed on the next possession. Simons came off a handoff at the top of the key and sized up Caldwell-Pope. He took his time, rocked him a little, then rose for another 3. Bang. 90-77 Blazers. Chaos in the Moda Center, the Portland crowd blood-drunk and delirious; the Portland bench, a mob of red and black jumping and skipping in place, suggesting Michael Malone call a timeout. Announcers Kevin Calabro and Lamar Hurd doing their best Brick Tamland impersonations and Dame bursting, his arms spread wide. You could practically hear the “Look at my beautiful boy!” You could practically hear the [rabid screams of ecstasy]. You could practically hear the “Yes! Look what I have created! I have made fire! I! Have made fire!”
    Goosebumps...

Watching that game, the camera panned to Chauncy mouthing, "moutherf*cka... motherf*cka" totally calm and chill. It was glorious.

This team, regardless of how they finish, is really fun to watch. Way more fun than I think anyone anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    I'm not worried, it's a LONG season... it's just frustrating to watch at the moment.

The first 10-15 games are pretty much still pre-season, but don't dig too deep a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    The first 10-15 games are pretty much still pre-season, but don't dig too deep a hole.
    Is that what Laker fans are telling themselves this morning?

Fuck the Lakers. And their fans.

There's always been that saying that the real NBA season doesn't begin until Christmas. It's kind of true.

There's always been that saying that the real NBA season doesn't begin until Christmas. It's kind of true.
    Hockey is opposite. Playoffs are pretty much set by US Thanksgiving. Not every single year and every single seed…but mostly.
    Decisions Decisions

yeah, at Xmas the Celtics were on the bubble of the playoffs. By April they were a juggernaut.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Fukk Ben Simmons (still blows).....and fukk Glenn Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Fuck the Lakers. And their fans.
    indeed. The 0-4 start is something I'm quietly enjoying. lololakers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Fastest hole completion I've ever seen.