Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1718

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Well that sucks. I’m guessing Lacob’s kid convinced his dad to let him drive the bus now
    Edit: Mike Dunleavy Jr. was “presumably” tabbed as successor

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by 54-46; 05-30-2023 at 02:59 PM.

This is amazing. From theringer preview.

Name:  gordonbutler.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  20.6 KB

The anti-Buckets?

Jokic is also the wrong person to run a zone on.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Happy for Bob Myers stepping down - he has teenagers and wants that time with them while he still has a chance, which I can definitely relate to with my oldest heading into high school.

Brown on a SUPERmax contract is oof. Like, Boston has to run it back because they've been so close but he's definitely more of a max player than supermax. It's a tough spot.

Congrats to our resident Philly fans - Nick Nurse is a great coach!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Happy for Bob Myers stepping down - he has teenagers and wants that time with them while he still has a chance, which I can definitely relate to with my oldest heading into high school.

Brown on a SUPERmax contract is oof. Like, Boston has to run it back because they've been so close but he's definitely more of a max player than supermax. It's a tough spot.

Congrats to our resident Philly fans - Nick Nurse is a great coach!
    It's funny, the "super max" was created to give the home town team an advantage when it comes to signing "their" players, but it has resulted in some funny things, as guys who are not true super max-worthy have become eligible, and then the home town is faced with the dilemma of signing them to way more than they are worth, or trading them when they might have preferred to keep them. Boogie Cousins was a super max "victim," Sacramento would absolutely have signed him to a max, but had to trade him because they didn't want to give him the super max. I agree that Brown doesn't seem worth it, but I am not sure what they do.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

if tobias harris got a max he's more than definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    I’m not a Cs fan but I think they have to look at trading him to get a bigger 4/5. The overlap of skill sets between JB and JT is too big and they don’t gain much from forcing switches.

huge point.....they really lack a big 4 or 5. suprised williams doesn't get used as much. they could get a big haul for brown if traded. think ayton from the suns would do well in celtic green?

If by fit in well you mean shrink at the biggest moments, then yes, he'd fit great.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Edit: Mike Dunleavy Jr. was “presumably” tabbed as successor

I had read or heard that a couple weeks ago as well. But when I found out Lacobs kid is also in that group under Meyers , my gut tells me he’s getting that job. Supposedly both Dunleavy and Lacob Jr are well thought of but I don’t really buy the story of Meyers leaving to spend the time w the kids so that leaves Lacob wanting to clear the deck so his son can take over. Maybe Dunleavy does it briefly so it’s not obvious but gets fired when things don’t go perfectly for him and then it’s easier to put the nepo kid in charge. That’s my uninformed take. No one ever resigns to spend more time w family. Especially high school kids. They’re assholes

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If by fit in well you mean shrink at the biggest moments, then yes, he'd fit great.
    Well.....being a sixer fan and all....i could only hope.

Celtics. The team that only wins when it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Celtics. The team that only wins when it doesn't matter.
    I know we're all having fun with this, and last night was fucking disappointing. But this is definitely not true. They beat a good Sixers team in games 6 and 7. They have made deep playoff runs over and over. It sucks that they have not finished the job. Sure, every other recent season I had nothing but optimism when the season ended and thought overall it was a successful season, and this one did not feel successful or leave me optimistic about next year. But they have won some really big games with clutch play when their backs were to the wall. It's just that they were maddeningly inconsistent this year, and only rose to the occasion sometimes.

I will give them credit for Tatum's injury during the first play. That was awful.

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    if tobias harris got a max he's more than definitely worth it.
    “Tobias Harris over me???” - Jimmy fucking Buckets.

Oh like jaylen brown. Perfect.

They played Rob Williams a TON more last year and he was fantastic. They went with 2 guards plus jaylen, Tatum and Al more this year. So they could jack up more 3 pointers and play less defense.

Trade Brown (or sign and trade). Just not to the Knicks.

And let’s all stop the mental gymnastics trying to convince ourselves joe mazzulla is a good coach. Yes he’s young. Maybe it isn’t his fault the team was dumped in his lap 3 days before the season started. Maybe someday he will be capable. Right now if we want a championship team we need a championship caliber coach. He ain’t it. This was the most inconsistent Celtics team I’ve ever seen. They played shit team defense most of the time. Never ever made a single adjustment. Jacked up 3’s like the world was burning all year. Turned the ball over all year. High ceiling…they’d blow out really good teams. They also got wiped out by Orlando multiple times.

Figure it the fuck out and make changes because I think they peaked last year when Ime had them playing a bit of defense, only to have the J’s (stupid fucking nickname) dribble the ball off their feet or throw it out of bounds time after time until Steph Curry ended them./rant
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I had read or heard that a couple weeks ago as well. But when I found out Lacobs kid is also in that group under Meyers , my gut tells me he’s getting that job. Supposedly both Dunleavy and Lacob Jr are well thought of but I don’t really buy the story of Meyers leaving to spend the time w the kids so that leaves Lacob wanting to clear the deck so his son can take over. Maybe Dunleavy does it briefly so it’s not obvious but gets fired when things don’t go perfectly for him and then it’s easier to put the nepo kid in charge. That’s my uninformed take. No one ever resigns to spend more time w family. Especially high school kids. They’re assholes
    Definitely possible. Hope it doesn’t come to pass. Would like to see someone like Livingston in there eventually.

This is a really interesting listen with regards to the new CBA...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This is a really interesting listen with regards to the new CBA...

what do you want the Ws to do? they do seem rather fucked.

also, if this is an accurate take, does Boston sign Brown to the super max?
    Last edited by Adolf Allerbush; 05-31-2023 at 09:27 PM.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    does Boston sign Brown to the super max?
    No! Nooooooooo!!
    Decisions Decisions

Nuggets in 6. You heard it here first.

^^^i say 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    what do you want the Ws to do? they do seem rather fucked.

also, if this is an accurate take, does Boston sign Brown to the super max?
    Not a lot of choices. I think they need to trade away Poole regardless of the money, but it makes the decision easier and more understandable. I think Simmons and Russillo are spot on when they say the player's association fucked the "middle class" of NBA players with this whole thing, perhaps not properly understanding the ramifications of what they agreed to.

I've got Nuggets in 6. But damn I'd love to see Jimmy Butler prove me wrong.

I've learned the hard way to never bet against Jimmy Giant Brass Balls Fucking Buckets Butler (JGBBFBB) However, I just don't see them getting it done. I am calling it a Nuggets win. It's either over in 4 or it goes all 7.

Let's go nuggets!
    I think they'll win the series in 5 games. Unless the heat manage to steal game 1 (they're 6-0 in their last six game 1s in the playoffs), then the series goes 7, with the nugs prevailing. Nugs are also 8-0 at home in this year's playoffs.

Either way, I'm pumped! Should be some great basketball!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk