Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    G-dammit sixers looked sloppy, especially embiid. Hate to say celts looked good....while missing a few players still.
    Harden looked really good though (he was incredibly efficient last night) and he showed up in shape to start the season. So you should be excited about that.

Doc Rivers is a floor raiser coach but his lack of creativity definitely lowers a team's ceiling. We'll see if he makes some adjustments.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Harden looked really good though (he was incredibly efficient last night) and he showed up in shape to start the season. So you should be excited about that.

Doc Rivers is a floor raiser coach but his lack of creativity definitely lowers a team's ceiling. We'll see if he makes some adjustments.
    Agreed that a Sixers fan should be excited about how Harden looked. We know Embiid is a beast, but we also know that they won't have a chance at the ring without Harden being a killer.

And your description of Doc is spot on.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Holy shit, the Pistons are fun to watch again! Granted, it was against the Magic, but the new additions looked pretty good tonight. After the preseason I was wondering why I paid to watch them this season, tonight vindicated paying the cash!

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Woohoo! Dubs win/Lakers lose. It feels better than just one win.
    Things I like:

Dubs winning.
    Dubs ring and banner-raising ceremony. Al Attles looking good.
    JTA getting his ring in front of his Oaktown family.
    Lots of love for Wiggs. Wiggs paying back with 17+.
    Dubs youth movement showing incredible promise.
    New hires Vinny and JMG fitting in seamlessly (mostly).
    Wicked pass from Poole to Dray for an easy bucket.

Lakers losing.
    LeBron and PatBev losing.
    AD's spoiling attempt spoiled.

Doc has to realize maxey cannot share the court with harden...make him 6th man and dominate when he gets in.

How did the Island of Misfit Trade Bait crush the team some pundits were picking to win the West? Aren't the Jazz supposed to be tanking for Wembanyama?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    How did the Island of Misfit Trade Bait crush the team some pundits were picking to win the West? Aren't the Jazz supposed to be tanking for Wembanyama?
    Whoa - crummy tank job by Jazz! Thanks!

Jokic also trucked Sexton in a fit of anger: https://streamable.com/mttoje

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I just watched the Zion highlight reel. Yeah it's only one game and yeah he needs to get through a whole season etc., but he sure looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Nuggets are my team but I don't why people are so high on the Nuggets. They have two guys coming back but as soon as they get any D they ship it.
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Dame looks rusty...but I'll take the W.

Sac looks much improved.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Thanks for starting this thread TJ. I'll be the lone Bulls fan in here, wondering if an injury-free year will ever happen. If LaVine and Lonzo Ball stay healthy, it's a pretty damn good roster.

At least in my head!

DeRozan
    LaVine
    Lonzo
    Vucevich
    Ayo
    Caruso
    Goran Dragic
    Coby White
    Patrick Williams
    Andre Drummond
    The Other Antetekoumpo [great family movie out about the Ante family - Rise]

Anybuddy but the Dubs 22/23
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I just watched the Zion highlight reel. Yeah it's only one game and yeah he needs to get through a whole season etc., but he sure looked good.
    He's my dark horse pick for MVP. He looked great. Ben Simmons... did not. Fouls out in 23 minutes? lol...

Meter-Man... Bulls seem like a high variance team that could finish top 5 or miss the playoffs. But yeah, last year when healthy they looked really good. How long is Lonzo supposed to be out for?

Meter-Man... Bulls seem like a high variance team that could finish top 5 or miss the playoffs. But yeah, last year when healthy they looked really good. How long is Lonzo supposed to be out for?
    His knee injury (meniscus and bone bruise) is lingering since Jan. 2022. He had a second surgery in September. He's struggled with injuries throughout his career. Hope he can overcome this one, but I'm not hopeful. Did Loco LaVar push him/his body too hard as a youth? I'm sure.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Dame looks rusty...but I'll take the W.

Sac looks much improved.
    Blazers look to have added some serious athleticism and won't be the worst defenders in a YMCA league this year.

For those of you who have called me a Draymond apologist in the past, which I am, I go pretty hard on him in our latest episode. My friend / co-host Tony is the same way and we're both kind of sick of his shit.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Blazers look to have added some serious athleticism and won't be the worst defenders in a YMCA league this year.
    Sharpe looked great.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

He's my dark horse pick for MVP. He looked great.
    I think I heard on TNT that he (Zion) went from 70-1 to 15-1 MVP odds after his first two games. Fingers crossed he stays healthy the whole season - he’s so fun to watch. Him, Ja, and Ant are such exciting young players.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Let's start a pool to cover what game he goes down; imma say 4th.

Nah, man, that's no good unless you're viewing it as a reverse jinx. This Pelicans team is going to be fun and Zion doesn't deserve any bad juju.

JFC Doris, shut the fuck about Draymond already. We know what happened.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    JFC Doris, shut the fuck about Draymond already. We know what happened.
    I watched the game but had our local announcer's feed on CSN Bay Area... was she dwelling on it?

Denver shot lights out and I was happy the Warriors even kept it interesting towards the end all things considered. BTW, one thing I've really started to enjoy in recent years is watching games with the volume really low and you kind of just do your thing and take in the game without the announcer influence. Might turn it up here or there but it's a nice way to watch sometimes, more similar to watching the games in person. Especially when Mark Jackson is on the mic.

Edit: looks like you were not alone in being annoyed by Doris Burke: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...king_for_this/
    https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-d...-jordan-poole/
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 10-22-2022 at 07:53 AM.

I like the Boston Celtics' announcers. I watch the games on Comcast's Boston sports channel if at all possible. I definitely prefer that to ESPN or NBA channel coverage that might be happening at the same time. In fact I sometimes listen instead of watching closely and rewind if I want to see a particular play again.

Men fight. Athlete alpha men fight a lot. Everybody beats the shit out of their brothers. Who cares? Mrs. Plug said she’s really showing her Karen demographic.
    Thanks for the links.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1666451307.810409.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	420.7 KB 
ID:	430753
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I just saw some replays and while I normally like Doris, JFC that was bad. "I can't get that punch out of my head." Bitch, Draymond hit Jordan Poole, not you. Serious Karen vibes indeed. Also shaking my head at the comments saying that this is all misogynistic, as if we don't brutally criticize male announcers for their BS all the time.

What's the best/cheapest (legal) way to watch NBA games for someone without cable? Last year during the playoffs y'all recommended YouTube TV, but if I recall that was a playoff suggestion and not a regular season one (I have to have different solutions for both)?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy