Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Jazz are going to be young...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Jazz are going to be young...
    They will be awful. Race to the #1 pick.
    Decisions Decisions

Wanking for Wembanyama
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Have you guys seen those Wembanyama clips from the other day? Holy shit. I mean... he's only 18 and looks like that? If my team was anywhere close to the bottom 1/3 of the league I'd want them to tank like hell, especially since Scooter as the obvious #2 pick is a pretty damn good consolation prize.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yeah, those 2 games were like PR for any team that wants to sell tanking to their fan base.

But come on, we already know that the Spurs are going to land the first pick.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Seems like the data backs up my "wide open" assessment as per this thread's title: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-nba-forecast/

Their model is very high on the Nuggets, as am I (picked them to finish second in the west but only if the Warriors stay healthy).

Watched Nuggets and Dubs last night . When either team hits peak offense they are scary. This is going to be a fun season!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Woj reports Jordan Poole to sign 4/$140M extension. Damn!

Damn

Candygram for Draymond?

Now the Warriors have extended Wiggins for 4 years / 109 million... which is absolutely a team friendly deal. Having said that, their projected roster salary with luxury tax penalties for the 23/24 season is $483 million. WTF? That's crazy. At least those expensive Chase Center tickets I buy are going towards the team.

Also, the Poole deal is $123 million with $140 achievable via incentives.

I assume there won't be any money left for Draymond, although he has a player option for next season if he wants to use it.

4/109? Really? That's CRAZY team friendly to me. Is Poole really worth 8M more per year?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    4/109? Really? That's CRAZY team friendly to me. Is Poole really worth 8M more per year?
    It could simply be after all those years in Minnesota that he appreciates how much his career turned around in Golden State and winning is a lot more fun. Or perhaps there's a future Draymond component to that deal, or both of those things, who knows. Either way I'll take it. It also puts FAR less pressure on him. NBA salary caps are so complicated I don't even know if it's possible to keep Draymond after next year even on a discount...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It could simply be after all those years in Minnesota that he appreciates how much his career turned around in Golden State and winning is a lot more fun. Or perhaps there's a future Draymond component to that deal, or both of those things, who knows. Either way I'll take it. It also puts FAR less pressure on him. NBA salary caps are so complicated I don't even know if it's possible to keep Draymond after next year even on a discount...
    Pretty sure they can keep Draymond at some bump to his current salary, ie a lot, ie the real limit is how much luxury tax are they willing to pay.

From Bobby Marks twitter:

Golden St. payroll and tax penalty in 2023/24 will likely exceed $500M once the roster is filled.

That factors in Draymond Green opting-in to his $27.6M player option.

With 12 players

Salary: $215M
    Tax: $268M

Total: $483M

Chase Center also paying for Warriors’ players. For example, I took my kid to see Twenty One Pilots and 2 tickets were $400, her concert tour hoodie was $88, sodas $6, and beers were $18. Credit card charges show up as “Warriors.”

Lacob and co were smart to privately fund the entire arena, meaning they get to keep 100% of the gate receipts. It's a pretty great music venue too - saw The Black Keys there a few years back shortly after it opened.

Poole at 4/123 or 4/140 is bananas. He’s a good player but damn. More a reflection on NBA salaries. That Wiggins contract is a bargain by comparison.

Let’s go Celts!
    Decisions Decisions

Woohoo! Dubs win/Lakers lose. It feels better than just one win.

Why did AD say he loved spoiling key ceremonies?
    Also, Dubs are a lot better than last year.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

^^ AD is in fantasy land and should probably stop saying stupid shit, which he keeps doing.

Now that they're all healthy... that Lakers roster still sucks, which we already knew. The Warriors played 12 deep and gave their young players a bunch of minutes like they were playing against Orlando.

G-dammit sixers looked sloppy, especially embiid. Hate to say celts looked good....while missing a few players still.

Warriors repeating....in 6.

Nice comment from Steve Kerr, “Ring night is never an easy game…”

Sixers - transition D and multiple effort D was lacking. They also missed tossing the ball to a wide open and hot Tobias Harris about 4-5x in the first half and forced other shots. Typical Doc offense - little off ball movement. They have a lot of room for improvement.

While the Sixers will figure shit out and will be tough, I feel like Doc will hold them back. He's just not that good of a coach. He's a great leader, but I feel like that team needs a great coach to reach their potential.

But as a Sixers hater, I am fine with that.