Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'll give you some. Jokic is still not a very good defender and teams have been actively hunting him on that end. Part of that strategy is to wear him out, for sure, but it's also working. Embiid (and Giannis and Tatum) have been better two way players. Philly has the best record in the league over the past 40-50 games so I'm expecting an Embiid MVP narrative to emerge.

The Nuggets still have a losing record on the road, it's worth noting. You know who's winning on the road? Sacramento. Sabonis might be the most underrated player in the league.
    I'm all aboard the Jokic bandwagon but if the Nugget don't start winning a lot of games again right quick I think Embiid SHOULD emerge as the MVP front runner.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I'm all aboard the Jokic bandwagon but if the Nugget don't start winning a lot of games again right quick I think Embiid SHOULD emerge as the MVP front runner.
    Nuggets haven't looked very good in March. Jokic certainly isn't making a strong finishing case for MVP as the voters get ready to go to the polls. I think the March 27th game will have MVP implications if the big guys suit up.

Really wish the Jazz would do a better job at tanking as much as I'd like em to make the playoffs and the Lakers miss it, I'd rather get a lotto pick. Lauri, JC and Sexton sat out last night and the Jazz still beat the mighty Kings.

Playoffs should be great! Doesn't seem like there is a clear favorite in either conference

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

This Steph Curry kid is pretty good at basketball.

No comments on the Bucks getting smoked by 40 pts from the Celtics?

Sandbagging?

I think the players are getting tired of the regular season. Couple nights before Celtics were putrid in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    No comments on the Bucks getting smoked by 40 pts from the Celtics?

Sandbagging?
    I watched last 5 minutes of 3rd quarter. Jeepers.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I think the players are getting tired of the regular season. Couple nights before Celtics were putrid in Washington.
    Would like basketball & baseball to shorten their seasons

Interesting changes coming up including in-season tourney

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ning-agreement

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Would like basketball & baseball to shorten their seasons
    Start basketball in February and run it through the summer so there’s something to pay attention to besides baseball.
    focus.

and the players are really going to give a fuck about a mid-season tourney? nothing but a money grab.

More dilution does not enhance marketability. The season is already 20 games too long at least.

and the players are really going to give a fuck about a mid-season tourney? nothing but a money grab.
    Yeah, I REALLY don't understand this.

NBA needs about half the games. I get the monetary impossibility of this but it's dead to a lot of sports fans.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

It’s my understanding that…

The “pool play” and other tourney games count as reg season games so still basically 82 games

Winner/runner- up play one extra game

Dunno how they’re working that but I’m sure some enterprising person will break down on the interwebz

Not sure if true but Charnia reported: "Prize money for the championship team of the NBA's In-Season Tournament beginning in 2023-24 season: $500,000 per player, sources tell
    @TheAthletic @Stadium"

I don't think max players will care but junior players or G League signings might be motivated by that.

2022/23 NBA THREAD: IT'S WIDE OPEN JUST LIKE YOUR MOM

Yeah the in season tourney seems weird… trying to follow the soccer model? I guess it doesn’t hurt to roll the dice and see how it goes, but I’m not exactly excited about it. I’m just glad there won’t be a lockout.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

So… seems GSW and LAC get to fight over who gets the Suns in the 1st round instead of SAC while staying out of the play in.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post

I don't think max players will care but junior players or G League signings might be motivated by that.

That’s good. Cause with all the bullshit “load management” they’ll be the only guys playing meaningful minutes in this new cash grab.

If you like the NBA All-Star Game, you’re gonna LOVE this new mid-season tournament.
    I still call it The Jake.

I know most of you kooks hate the Blazers but has anyone else been watching Shaedon Sharpe over the past month? Gooooood looooord!

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1642653689201532928?s=19

"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Most of us kooks like the Blazers and Dame, you do realize that, right?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Most of us kooks like the Blazers and Dame, you do realize that, right?
    if you don't love them to the point of irrationality, you hate them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    if you don't love them to the point of irrationality, you hate them.
    **Dubs fans have entered the chat**

[ducks]
    I still call it The Jake.

Soft spot in my heart for Air Drexler.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    **Dubs fans have entered the chat**

[ducks]
    lol
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I know most of you kooks hate the Blazers but has anyone else been watching Shaedon Sharpe over the past month? Gooooood looooord!

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1642653689201532928?s=19

Let's hope he actually translated into a legit NBA player next season when Dame is on the floor. It would be pretty entertaining to watch the scoring prowess of Dame, Ant and SS on the same team. The latter two are some freaky athletes and Dame is just Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Let's hope he actually translated into a legit NBA player next season when Dame is on the floor. It would be pretty entertaining to watch the scoring prowess of Dame, Ant and SS on the same team. The latter two are some freaky athletes and Dame is just Dame.
    Next year: Sign Draymond to play with those guys and see how well they can shoot with “illegal” screens being set for them.