Thread: Kids pedals

Kids pedals

The pedals that came on my 6yos spawn are hard for him to stay on. They are plastic with plastic pins and too big for his feet. As his confidence is increasing I want to get him something better. Ideally 80x80-90x90mm with pins that won’t shred his shins. 9/16 axle. Top options I have found so far are the commencal ride alphas which might be too aggressive or the sdg slater which might be too slick. Would like to stay under $50 if possible. What should I buy?

-Welgo R146 for an aluminum pedal, smaller platform 85 mm x 85mm, replaceable pins that aren't too aggressive.
    -Those SDG Slater are a good choice, they are actually grippier that they look.

Not may choices for a "tweener" pedal. For kids its either 1/2" or plastic crap.

Chromag also makes some sweet ones. A bit spendy but you can move them from bike to bike for years.

There's a huuuuge rabbit hole of Wellgo small pedals.

My daughter and a few other kids we know like the SDG slater pedals. Metal pins, but are relatively broad so not so pointy, but still good grip w kid 5-10s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk