Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Somewhere a SRAM engineer just felt a delightful tingle...
    And a Campy engineer chuckled.

And a Pinion engineer got all huffy, indignant, and resentful.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ok, experts and Google-Fu masters, I can’t seem to find this product in existence basically anywhere, and I could use your search skills.
    Looking for:
    160mm
    DM chainring, down to 26t
    Ideally 24mm spindle, but 30mm would work
    Under 600 grams for arms and spindle.

In turn, I will buy you a huge, 1 Litre Bavarian e-Beer!

(I could be convinced by a Hope 155, but I think they are still vapor-ware?)
    TIA, hombres

Rideit, have you called Canfield? Everything was out of stock when I was looking to order and they were able to give me an ETA that proved accurate. If I recall, I was able to place an order even though they were out of stock and Canfield just shipped once back in stock. Doesn't look like you can do that anymore. 155mm are showing in stock though. If you are on 165s now that's what I'd order anyways. 160 isn't different enough to drop $300 on IMO.

I put Canfield 160's on my Rail when I built it up, coming from 170. Could feel a difference at first, but IMO took about as long to get used to as it does going from round to oval chainring. So maybe 5 minutes. Went with a smaller chainring to offset shorter crank length.

I’ll text L or M tomorrow, good idea. He’s an old homie. But not sure I want the GXP nonsense, honestly.
    I might try the 155’s, but they are a wee bit portly (about 100 grams heavier than my XTR 165’s).

Choices, choices.

Not a lot of choice out there for cranks shorter than 165 as you've noticed. 100g for cranks hasn't been a big deal.

True, true. But part of this search is for my wife, who is under 5’. She really, really benefits from a light bike at 115 lbs or so.

The Canfield cranks are cool, but have a couple quirks:
    1- They use the old GXP BB standard. Not a big deal, but I prefer DUB.
    2- You need to find a 0mm offset chainring (generally reserved for Super Boost frames) rather than the standard 3mm offset, otherwise the chainring will strike the chainstay/swingarm of your bike.

I ended up using a standard 3mm Boost chainring on my Canfield cranks. I ordered the "correct" offset and it was way too far outboard. I have used 30t and 32t Absolute Black ovals with no problem.

If any of you folks going with short cranks is selling sram dub boost cranks in 170 fairly cheap lmk. Got a bike w 175 so be interested going a little shorter. Bit wary that dropping down to 165 might feel like too radical of a change and need smaller changing but I guess I’d consider those also if anyone flipping some.