Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Trevor Noah just called it quits

Who replaces him? Jordan Klepper is the obvious choice, and I think he'd do a great job, but Ronny Chieng could really take the show into uncharted territory.

Must be nice

Good riddance. I found him insufferable.

Read a news blurb about this. Off my memory Stewart had a million and a half. Trevor crashed it to 350k viewers.
    Why did they let him stay so long? I missed that show.

John Oliver would be awesome. But I doubt he would give up his one show a week gig.

Where is STFUYFM?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Good riddance. I found him insufferable.

Read a news blurb about this. Off my memory Stewart had a million and a half. Trevor crashed it to 350k viewers.
    Why did they let him stay so long? I missed that show.

John Oliver would be awesome. But I doubt he would give up his one show a week gig.
    Yeah, Stewart was funny. Trevor was hard to watch.

I wasn't a big fan of his until someone highly recommended his autobiography. After reading that -- it's amazeballs -- I somehow grew to like him a lot more.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ratings are a TV thing for old farts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of his until someone highly recommended his autobiography. After reading that -- it's amazeballs -- I somehow grew to like him a lot more.
    Same here, though I listened to the audio book that he narrated. The odds were so against him making it to where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Ratings are a TV thing for old farts.
    TV is a thing for old farts.

Late night comedy? They’re all asleep.

I read his wiki. Wow. Interesting background.
    I’ve seen some of his standup which wasn’t bad.
    But he really went insufferably woke on the daily show.
    Stewart was way more subtle and less preachy.

Yeah, I lost interest real quick after Stewart left. Didn't hate Trevor, I just thought his brand of humor wasn't as fitting.

Stewart would be hard to replace. Comedic genius. Hopefully they find a good replacement because that show was fucking awesome for a while. Never stayed up to watch it, I just caught the reruns on YouTube or something.

He could take any story and turn it into a self promo about how woke he was, and how much he respected women. It was tough to watch.
    Agree that Stewart was somehow more subtle, but also a lot more in your face.

I thought Noah was pretty good

Stewart was uniquely incisive & funny

Don’t pretend that Noah had to replace what Stewart did — it’s okay that that period is done despite us missing it

Guy was a POS.

^^^^

who had that on their "Saturday stupid hot take bingo card"?

He had impossible shoes to fill, because he was never going to be Stewart and yet everybody wanted him to be Stewart; he had to try and be himself within the confines of the framework that Stewart created, which was never going to happen. But really, everyone should read his autobiography regardless of what you think of him. It's one of the best things I have read in the last 10 years.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    just caught the reruns on YouTube or something.
    Yeah, it's amusing that this turned into a tv conversation. Like I'm supposed to conform to their schedule?!

Danno's right. He was bold choice to fill Stewart's shoes, and it probably wasn't the best format for Noah, but when he's focused, and in his element, he's sharp and funny.

Agree that within the context of the show he could be really cringey too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Guy was a POS.
    Elaborate wise one

^^^^

who had that on their "Saturday stupid hot take bingo card"?

He had impossible shoes to fill, because he was never going to be Stewart and yet everybody wanted him to be Stewart; he had to try and be himself within the confines of the framework that Stewart created, which was never going to happen. But really, everyone should read his autobiography regardless of what you think of him. It's one of the best things I have read in the last 10 years.
    jon Stewart couldn’t keep filling Jon Stewart’s shoes. The world changed between 1999 and 2022, partly because of all the people insulting Trevor Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    jon Stewart couldn’t keep filling Jon Stewart’s shoes.
    I agree, and think that is probably a large reason why he stepped down (and disappeared). That doesn't change the fact that many expected Noah to fill his shoes.

Jon Stewart on Trevor Noah, from 2020. Germane to this discussion.

Amy Schumer should take the spot. She’s so freaking hilarious 🤮:

https://youtu.be/5UtXIhTRFLk

So cringe

The Fox News is full of shit revelations and documentation of said bullshit got exhausting.. over and over again every night. It was already old news when Stewart was leaving. Ya we know....
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Amy Schumer should take the spot. She’s so freaking hilarious ��:

https://youtu.be/5UtXIhTRFLk

So cringe
    one person's cringe is another's hilarious; I saw people linking that because they thought it was great. I thought it was neither.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Jon Stewart on Trevor Noah, from 2020. Germane to this discussion.

Meh. Go back to national lampoon humor that Stewart says needed to go away.

That second city chicago alumni. SNL. SCTV. Friday Nights.
    Granted those were sketch.

But think David letterman in the early years. Throwing things off buildings. Stupid human tricks. Just dumb ass self deprecating stupidity.

Or Johnny Carson. The best ever. Monologue was political. But lampooned both sides. And had some hilarious sketches.

I want to laugh at the end of a long day.
    Stewart went more political. But he still made you laugh. Oliver does the same.

Kimmel is more of a Carson impersonator. But not as good as the original.

Noah just became that college social studies professor giving a dry lecture about how evil the world is.

Trevor Noah just called it quits

one person's cringe is another's hilarious; I saw people linking that because they thought it was great. I thought it was neither.
    I know, lots of people have sent me that. The writing for that sketch and her delivery are not good, IMO.

^^^Speaking of Kimmel, I try and try and just cannot stand him.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 10-01-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Kimmel is only kinda good if you’re baked

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums