Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Go to site for used ski gear

What sites are people using these days to buy and sell their shit? Grom two wants to level up.

Facebook groups are the best option these days

Um, you posted in it?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Always TGR. Facebook sometimes has good deals but the general trend is overpriced, at least in my area. Nowhere else hooks people up like this place does from my experiences

I used to buy and sell a bunch on newschoolers too but it’s more of a gamble over there since you could be doing deals with a 12 year old
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Um, you posted in it?
    So you're saying we've reached a critical mass of dentists? ... and without spontaneously combusting? Impressive.

Id rather get used gear here. Ive had some really good hook ups and Ive been able to really hook a few people up with gear, or as I did today I was able to send somebody screws for Pivot turntables. The best part of TGR is if you need something just ask. Somebody will help you.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-keep-it-going

what am I missing here? It's even a sticky at the top of the page

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-keep-it-going

what am I missing here? It's even a sticky at the top of the page
    Yeah ... point taken . I should have been more explicit. Grom 2 is 19 years old and we can definitely afford to pay although she's gonna put some skin into this. So maybe that thread isn't for us. We've also got nothing to offer up in exchange.

I'll post to general gear swap and check some of the links in this thread. Thanks boys.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Yeah ... point taken . I should have been more explicit. Grom 2 is 19 years old and we can definitely afford to pay although she's gonna put some skin into this. So maybe that thread isn't for us. We've also got nothing to offer up in exchange.

I'll post to general gear swap and check some of the links in this thread. Thanks boys.
    Yeah, I almost linked the same thread but wondered about grom age (though as a general matter you don't need to offer anything in that thread to take advantage of it, and it's not a "free" thread, it's just kid gear); it isn't the thread for a 19 year old.

But if perusing existing threads in this forum doesn't provide results, if you have some idea of what she's looking for (length, ski type, etc), a "WTB" thread is often effective.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Powder 7 sells a ton of old demo gear. I don't see a lot of great prices on the big boy TGR skis but their prices can get pretty decent on shorter/non-expert/oddball stuff, especially if you need bindings (and as long as you aren't looking at beginner skis, they usually have decent clamps mounted).

https://www.powder7.com/used-demo-skis-for-sale

Convenient because they have a huge selection with functional length/width filters. Their condition descriptions seem fair and if you want to know more about a specific ski you can call the shop and someone will go look at it for you.

If you're looking at shorter lengths/women's skis, they often have a bunch of stuff in good shape with demo bindings in the $350-550 range.

What sites are people using these days to buy and sell their shit? Grom two wants to level up.
    Praxis Rx… 30% off sale on now!

https://www.praxisskis.com/skis/

If you live near a ski town there are usually a couple local facebook groups (Park City Outdoor Gear Swap, Roaring Fork Valley Swap, etc..) that are great places to pick up smaller skis at reasonable prices. The general marketplace page is much less useful.

Localssale.com is a good one as well

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Praxis Rx… 30% off sale on now!

https://www.praxisskis.com/skis/
    I'm a general dentist man, not an endodontist!

I'll second what caruzo said - lonepinegearx has good deals, if you can't find it here.

For example, 176 kastle mx 84 w/ demo clamps for $150. https://lonepinegearx.com/products/k...bindings-90633

If there's a good ski swap nearby, go the morning of and walk up and down the line of folks waiting to check in their gear. If you see something you like, make a cash offer.
    Saves both you and the guy waiting in line the extra 20%, plus the sales tax for you and for him the time to come back at the end of the day/weekend to see if it sold.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Grom 2 is 19 years old and we can definitely afford to pay although she's gonna put some skin into this
    https://lonepinegearx.com/products/d...39803268202580

Did Praxis do 50% off fall sales in the past or..

1. Was that just coming out of covid last year?
    2. No. Never. I'm confused.
    3. Yes. But this year is 30% cause costs are up.

KSL.com is also amazing. Even if you aren't in Utah, some sellers will ship or Mags can help out.

Those are sweet. Thx. Unfortunately, she's closer to 160

Powder7 demo gear is legit. They also have crazy good sales every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    I'll second what caruzo said - lonepinegearx has good deals, if you can't find it here.

For example, 176 kastle mx 84 w/ demo clamps for $150. https://lonepinegearx.com/products/k...bindings-90633
    Took a flyer on these.

Been looking for a carving ski and for <$200 shipped, why not? Bases are a little rough but hopefully they will clean up.

They might be a little short for me, but they are lots longer than my old slalom skis! Wider underfoot that I would have chosen (was looking for something like a Fischer Curv or various Atomic Redsters) but otherwise fits the stiff, cambered, and short-but-not-super-short radius spec. Might just be a little less snappy on the transition between turns.

Those are sweet. Thx. Unfortunately, she's closer to 160
    I have some 165 Fischer My Ranger 89s with demo Squires that I'm looking to get rid of. Fairly rockered so I'd say they might ski a bit shorter than 165.

My wife just didn't get along with them. She's a pretty timid skier and mostly stays on the groom...switched her to some Volkl Yumis that are a little softer and have much less pronounced early rise and she seems happier. I did take them on a couple runs for fun, and actually had a pretty good time once I got used to them being comically short (I'm 6'2), but I can't vouch for how they ski for someone the right height/weight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	428047Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0329.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	428048

Topsheets have some scuffing but edges and bases are in great shape (red color on the tips is just some warm-weather wax left in the structure). They are sitting with storage wax on them right now, but I think they have a pretty fresh edge tune on them. No core shots or anything like that.

Maybe $215+shipping? Price police?

PM Mntlion

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot