Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Those are sweet. Thx. Unfortunately, she's closer to 160
    Have a pair of black pearls. 158 I think.
    Bought used, only a few days by my boys. They outgrew them quickly. Great condition.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    What sites are people using these days to buy and sell their shit? Grom two wants to level up.
    All the suggestions upthread are pretty good.

But honestly, my best deals have been via ebay or craigslist. But I'm also patient, have saved searches out there, and have specific things I'm looking for. I might go a year+ without finding anything I really want/need. But if something interesting comes along, I'll usually buy it and if it doesn't fit, I'll sell it back off - especially if it's cheap. That way I either make some $$$ or at least don't lose any.

Searchtempest.com will search CL - I usually do the entire country. I've had really good luck getting the sellers to ship. (I usually just have them package and give me the dimensions, weight and senders zip - and then I buy a USPS label for them to ship it. This makes it way easier for the sender. Have them wrap them in cardboard and tape - no ski box to get, and cheaper to ship!)

IMO, I'm far less impressed with Facebook marketplace. It's the only place I've gotten a stinky deal. (Picked up an OG Cochise, but it had undisclosed edge-compressions/breaks. Scumbag didn't make good on it. But they shipped flat (cheap) and were pretty cheap already, so I'm not too torqued.)

Both CL and FB require more due diligence and put you at more risk if the seller decides to screw you over.

Ebay has been the source like 2 dozen+ pairs for me, and if something's off, you get way more leverage to force the seller to make it right. (Occasional, but sometimes happens.)

Selling? CList, hands down. I've sold a bunch of stuff that way. Cash, no shipping, you do get some dopes trying to cheap out on you - but they just get told to pound sand. (I'm totally glad to keep 'em, if you don't want to pay what I'm asking.)

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    Took a flyer on these.

Been looking for a carving ski and for <$200 shipped, why not? Bases are a little rough but hopefully they will clean up.

They might be a little short for me, but they are lots longer than my old slalom skis! Wider underfoot that I would have chosen (was looking for something like a Fischer Curv or various Atomic Redsters) but otherwise fits the stiff, cambered, and short-but-not-super-short radius spec. Might just be a little less snappy on the transition between turns.
    lol, these were a lot more clapped out than I thought they'd be from the pics, not that the pics looked great. Multiple poorly-done epoxy repairs where it looks like a previous owner hooked the metal layer on something and delaminated them a bit, a slightly dented-upwards edge underfoot, a number of base welds...given they included close up pics of a couple of fixable ptex snags, I would have assumed that was actually the worst of the damage.

Oh well, price is still fair. I can clean them a bit more and they will do the job.

Whoever had these before sure skied the hell out of them.

I recall 50% end of season sale for leftover stock. Current sale is for new 2022/23 designs.