Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    ………sigh
    What an amazing badass legend she was and an inspiration for anyone who climbs mountains to ski down them++++++

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Shortly after getting back into skiing twenty years ago, someone sent me a copy of Warren Miller's Impact, in which Hilaree skied Chamonix with Nobis. She had a heroic strength to her presence. Wow!

I hope she didn't suffer.

Condolences to friends/family that might read this. Very sorry to see this on the news last night.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Condolences to her family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    RIP. Fucking brutal. Cannot imagine what Jim, her kids and family are going through.
    According to that video he had previously lost his wife and kids in a plane crash. No one should have to go through that kind of loss once, let alone twice.

Every time this happens I wish this kind of outcome wasn't possible. We live on the edge, sometimes that means someone will end up getting pushed over it.. R. I. P. nice lady..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

She was a legend and inspired many. May her children and partner find peace, she has left a giant hole in the lives of her friends and family.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Wow, this reminds me of when Alex died. R.i.p...

I didn't know Jim lost his entire family in a plane crash, what a load he is carrying now.

Gutted. Fucking gutted.

She will be missed around these parts. My thoughts are with Jim, her kids and all those who knew her.
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 09-30-2022 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Wow, this reminds me of when Alex died. R.i.p..
    I thought the same thing, and I'm grateful they were able to recover her body quickly so her kids and family wouldn't have to think about her entombed in the ice like Alex Lowe's family had to live with for many years. At least it provides some closure along with all the grieving.

I was not a huge fan of seeing the inside edition clip of Jim unloading her from the chopper. News I guess..

My condolences to everyone suffering from this loss
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

legend indeed. what is it with the last days of september? condolences to everyone hurting from this.

pertinent obituary: https://eveningsends.com/skill-luck-...ilaree-nelson/
    "...Perhaps, the crucial insight is that luck and skill are independent phenomena. We don’t create our own luck because we can’t. All we can do is live bravely and fully accept the responsibility for the potential consequences to the risks we take."
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Hilaree Nelson missing on Manaslu

Badass
    Inspiring in every way
    Rest In Peace
    & peace to her family & friends

More details on her life here:

Remembering Seattle-born top ski mountaineer Hilaree Nelson

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/ou...ilaree-nelson/

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    pertinent obituary: https://eveningsends.com/skill-luck-...ilaree-nelson/
    "...Perhaps, the crucial insight is that luck and skill are independent phenomena. We don’t create our own luck because we can’t. All we can do is live bravely and fully accept the responsibility for the potential consequences to the risks we take."
    this was beautifully written, thank you for sharing. RIP to an unbelievable athlete; thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Shortly after getting back into skiing twenty years ago, someone sent me a copy of Warren Miller's Impact, in which Hilaree skied Chamonix with Nobis. She had a heroic strength to her presence. Wow!

I hope she didn't suffer.

Condolences to friends/family that might read this. Very sorry to see this on the news last night.
    Yup, likely the first time I saw her also. She always impressed me as a person, mom and athlete. My sincerest condolences to her family and friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Was recently on mount Olympus in greece climbing the peak and a North Face team was there filming... I passed them and yelled out long live hil... they all smiled and yelled out the same.... long live hil...