Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Yeah, that word shouldn't be used lightly here. It conjures up all sorts of horrors.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Moral of the story? Don't give away your services for free. None of those rich buttholes do, so why should us Plebes? Esp since they don't ever return the favor.
    I don't give things away. I do provide a fair amount of pro bono work for trails and river/stream restoration projects and the awareness of that "free" work provided me with a Gold Pass for 2023 from some of those rich buttholes you love to rip on, so results may vary.

Fuck the Wort.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    2 thots: 1 pic = 1k words. Got something in your portfolio that gets that point across (with a simple caption)? They're admitting illiteracy, but they got taste in pics.

And B: they value credit. Don't hate it, offer it in return. Promise to thank them on social media for some of the pics you'll take that weekend. Maybe that's stupid, but the person building their social media ain't gonna cop to it.
    Yes, and yes. Hard to get the point across here in short form for sure. As for the credit--fully on board. I take care of those that take care of me. That's how this world works...and it has never been more true than in the world of social media. I would've gladly pushed them to my audience (who would be hearing about the WORT from a voice they trust as opposed to see it randomly on some digital banner with no context).
    The Griz

Yeah, the whole IG landscape is so fucked. Accounts that steal content get pushed over the original posters, people act like entitled d-bags about things like this, normal people can't get anything shown to their friends/followers, and then Instagram wonders why people (especially creatives) are bailing on it.

Great shot Griz, and welcome back.

This is an overreaction.

They have a right to ask you to use your work for free.

You have a right to ask for compensation or say no.

They have a right to say “no thanks, kind regards”.

They might be acting inconsiderate or ignorant but this is not “choosingbeggars.” It’s not pitchfork material in my mind.

Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Would be some shit if it's a mag on the other end.

Ha, I saw Digi Dave repost this on twitter. Get em!

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    This is an overreaction.

They have a right to ask you to use your work for free.

You have a right to ask for compensation or say no.

They have a right to say “no thanks, kind regards”.

They might be acting inconsiderate or ignorant but this is not “choosingbeggars.” It’s not pitchfork material in my mind.

Move on.

Right, but you know that feeling when the prior 15 douchebags have pushed you to the edge and number 16 walks up? Nuke from orbit! Too bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Right, but you know that feeling when the prior 15 douchebags have pushed you to the edge and number 16 walks up? Nuke from orbit! Too bad for them.
    Precisely!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Precisely!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Head on a pike to warn any other potential douchebags.

Meh….

OP could have just responded with a “If / when your team would like to purchase my work for use contact me at ______”.

Instead, blowing up at the stupid 22yo marketing intern - then attempting to stoke a social media fire… ensuring they will never have work purchased by the facility… a facility that likely has a huge marketing and decorative need for work like this….

Too bad for everyone I guess..

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

^But then we wouldn't have this thread.

Meh….

OP could have just responded with a “If / when your team would like to purchase my work for use contact me at ______”.

Instead, blowing up at the stupid 22yo marketing intern - then attempting to stoke a social media fire… ensuring they will never have work purchased by the facility… a facility that likely has a huge marketing and decorative need for work like this….

Too bad for everyone I guess..

See, I disagree. Blow up the intern now so they get in another line of business. And, blacklist facilities that do business like this. It's a trend and it has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Speaking of dead soldiers, I can't be the only one who opened this thread expecting it to be about you know who shall not be named.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yeah, that word shouldn't be used lightly here. It conjures up all sorts of horrors.
    This.

My thoughts:
    The Wort started out ok by asking if it could share. It was also ok to say "no thank you" to Adam's offer to barter. I don't like its snarky response to Adam's somewhat abrasive retort. A better response would have been something like "good enough".
    Here is what I don't understand: Presumably, Adam posted this photo on IG. Once posted can't anyone share w/out giving credit? I share others' posts all the time. Why didn't The Wort just "like" and share the photo with its IG "friends".
    I won't stay there in the future. Too much attitude with just a few words.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Why no counteroffer?

At least a hamburger and two beers at the silver dollar bar.

Who the fuck are these marketing fools that shit on their brand?
    Interns?

See, I disagree. Blow up the intern now so they get in another line of business. And, blacklist facilities that do business like this. It's a trend and it has to stop.
    Hell yes it's a trend, and it's completely obnoxious. Not to mention disrespectful to those trying to actually put food on the table for their families. I can't help but think that some of these young interns are trust fund dingleberries who don't know the struggle. The entitlement and expectations from some of these jokers is next level. -kind regards

Perhaps they would be agreeable to a picture swap? May I suggest a picture of the mountain for a picture of the innkeepers tits?

Hell yes it's a trend, and it's completely obnoxious. Not to mention disrespectful to those trying to actually put food on the table for their families. I can't help but think that some of these young interns are trust fund dingleberries who don't know the struggle. The entitlement and expectations from some of these jokers is next level. -kind regards
    I'd bet any amount of money that this little entitled fucker drives an automatic.

You know I’ve had stuff I put out more or less cut-pasted onto other sites. I tend to laugh it off because I’m not really being paid for the content anyway but I will be tougher from now on. Whether with or without credit, it’s bullshit. Anybody have a good cease-and-desist form letter?

C&D letter and Change for a Nickel will get you a piece of Bazooka
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I would lean toward cyberwarfare. Hijack their website and demand recompense.

Another thought.

If it is so important for the OP to get paid for their work… as they describe… to pay their mortgage… prescriptions… clothes…

Then why did they ask for two comp’ed nights at the hotel?

I bet they could have negotiated compensation, even if it ends up being a gift card to the restaurant… both parties would have been happy.

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'd bet any amount of money that this little entitled fucker drives an automatic.
    100% Prolly a Chevy Trax too.

Another thought.

If it is so important for the OP to get paid for their work… as they describe… to pay their mortgage… prescriptions… clothes…

I bet they could have negotiated compensation, even if it ends up being a gift card to the restaurant… both parties would have been happy.

You make a valid point. OP, your response?

100% Prolly a Chevy Trax too.
    Not even a good automatic. I'd bet that thing shifts like a turd.

Another thought.

Because sometimes people barter instead of seeking cash? And people who have to pay mortgages and prescriptions and clothes also go on vacations (shocking, IKR?), so bartering to make a vacation cheaper is essentially helping them make ends meet, putting money in their pocket in a different way.

And if the hotel was willing to negotiate compensation, they would have countered. They knew they had to get his permission, but they clearly were not willing to pay anything.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy