Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Am I the only one who finds it hilarious their response to an angry wall of text was "don't have time to read this, kind regards"? I mean, I'm unequivocally all for paying people for their work and the airing out of companies that don't do as much. So my laughter at their response is leaving me feeling pretty conflicted about all this.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it hilarious their response to an angry wall of text was "don't have time to read this, kind regards"? I mean, I'm unequivocally all for paying people for their work and the airing out of companies that don't do as much. So my laughter at their response is leaving me feeling pretty conflicted about all this.
    it was pretty funny in a fuck you sort of way.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Why, when you have a cold cut and cheese breakfast buffet at your disposal for creating lunchtime pocket sandwiches, would anyone stay at any place but the Alpenrose when in Jackson??
    Ahem.
    Alpenhof.
    Last edited by rideit; 09-23-2022 at 08:01 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    it was pretty funny in a fuck you sort of way.
    Agreed. We should invite them to join the forum before Greg from AZ does.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ahem.
    Alpenhoff.
    Sorry. I knew it was Alpen-something.

So I'm clear regarding the meaning of the thread title. The OP has a bee in his bonnet regarding an Instagram exchange with an innkeeper, and wants what exactly from the maggotry...internet shaming?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The Alpenhof used to have an awesome caesar salad in the 80s, but it didn't play well with pockets.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Agreed. We should invite them to join the forum before Greg from AZ does.

Sorry. I knew it was Alpen-something.

So I'm clear regarding the meaning of the thread title. The OP has a bee in his bonnet regarding an Instagram exchange with an innkeeper, and wants what exactly from the maggotry...internet shaming?
    The hotel does have a lot of really nice nature photos on their page with credit given to the photogs. Maybe, we can ask whether more than just credit is being given. At least Adam will be remembered.
    What is really strange to me is that The Wort Hotel as it existed in the OP is no longer around. It was this morning, but now it is gone. There is still a Wort Hotel that has a lot of pics of people in the hotel, but no more nature. ...Now, that it hilarious
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    The hotel does have a lot of really nice nature photos on their page with credit given to the photogs.
    Really? I saw lots of fantastic pictures but didn't see any credit given anywhere. Maybe we're looking in different places.

I looked at the pics., and a lot seemed to have many hash tags incl. the photog. Inquired as to whether the hotel did more than just give the photog.s credit, but there was no response, and now I can no longer find its page with the same photos and/or avatar.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

OP is being seriously unprofessional and vindictive and wise advise would be to delete this thread and the reddit ones. He is doing more harm to his reputation and business than he thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    OP is being seriously unprofessional and vindictive and wise advise would be to delete this thread and the reddit ones. He is doing more harm to his reputation and business than he thinks.
    So you're on the side of the billionaires? The motherfucking takers? We should all just be bootlickers? Maybe it's time to burn down those billions.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Nah. Not really. He's probably tired of getting hit up like this and the douchey response likely sent him over the edge. This has to be SO common for photographers to be treated this way. Not cool. -kind regards

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    So they didn’t bother to read your response and came back a second time asking to use it? I think they are missing a S in their name
    It's a swanky hotel, too.

My wife faces the same kind of bullshit in her job. She's a free-lance court reporter and you wouldn't believe how many attorneys try to finagle free copies of her transcripts. I think that's even more egregious because you know damn well the attorneys charge their clients for the cost of the transcript.

That seems like apples and oranges to me. And over 20 years practicing law I don’t think I ever stiffed a court reporter. Actually I have never heard of it before. An attorney who doesn’t pay a court reporter is going to have a tough time scheduling depositions

That seems like apples and oranges to me. And over 20 years practicing law I don’t think I ever stiffed a court reporter. Actually I have never heard of it before. An attorney who doesn’t pay a court reporter is going to have a tough time scheduling depositions
    Believe me, it happens.

I'm gonna march down to the wert and straighten some shit out out.

Tomorrow.

Who names a hotel after unfermented beer, anyway?

Apparently, the hotel connected the OP and apologized. Good for him, and good for them.

Good to hear.

Its a damn fine response, and truthful. Probably just a ski bum trying to DM hundreds of people for free pics for his job every day, he ain’t got time for morals and appeasing zee artists of IG

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Wonder when the intern will figure out they can just wander over to the TGR office, unplug the box fan and nuke the whole board.
    Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Who names a hotel after unfermented beer, anyway?

It's German for "vert".

yeah, nah… Old English origin.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wort

fact.

Apparently, the hotel connected the OP and apologized. Good for him, and good for them.
    That's good to hear! Glad the situation improved. Hopefully the intern learned something today.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

This place never disappoints. Let’s get a few things straight here:

1. I miss the absolute shit show that is the TGR message boards. I love it all. The love. The hate. The asshattery. This is a special corner of the interwebz. And yes, I do mean “short bus” special.

2. If you said it’s their prerogative to say thx but no thx to my offer, you’re spot on. I really don’t take issue with their hard pass on my offer. I face rejection every day. Its a free market—people can, should and do choose to either pay the premium I charge for my work…or not.

3. If you said they just happened to be the unlucky poo brown ticket holder in the long line of “almost but weren’t” clients to hold their hand out for a freebie…welp…you’re spot on. Ha. (But still, see line item 4 for more clarity. Haha. )

4. If you laughed out loud at their “I don’t have time” response, then that makes two of us. I’m never too butthurt to appreciate a good middle finger to Planet Earth when I see one. That was next level.

5. I offered to deal in trade because it is both cheaper to them and more valuable to me right now given a pending visit to JH to shoot fall color. Sure, cash is king but VALUE is a very close second. And depending on the day, week, month or year…that value can manifest itself in any number of payment methods that seems to satisfy both parties. In all honesty, most of the time clients like this would gladly choose trade over cash.

6. To the fellow keyboard warrior that thinks I’m doing more harm than good with all this: I didn’t come to the ring with some dainty ass driving gloves. I brought the Everlasts and I’m good and ready to go the full 12. Why? Because this BS philosophy of photo credit as compensation is straight poison. And it won’t change until we creatives shout instead of whisper. Hell, it likely won’t even change then—but at least I can sleep at night.

I am hardly worried about my reputation at this point. I have a healthy Rolodex of clients who value my vision and are willing to compensate me accordingly. I live an exceptional life, have been blessed with an amazing family and I’ve seen more beauty and wonder through my lens than I deserve (but I’ll take it). I’ve been incredibly fortunate to make my living as a professional photographer for nearly 15 years thx in large part to an unfailing commitment on my end to saying no to bad business.

If calling out an establishment that is more than capable of paying a decent rate for desired goods is wrong, then I don’t care to be right.

Oh, and of course—kind regards. Ha. That’s gonna be my new signature. If you made it this far, I owe you a print…

Hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The Griz