Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I'm struggling to be outraged that a business didn't want to give $1400+ in value for a social media photo. They didn't steal the photo, they didn't get all righteous about exposure or anything. They just walked away.
    No, we shouldn't outraged by this. We should be outraged that they asked a professional photographer for a freebie in the first place.

Is anyone else amused that the contrary posts come from sirbumpsalot, buttflake, and adironrider? There may be other contrary posts, but those guys manage to consistently (and seemingly intentionally) swim against the current.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    No, we shouldn't outraged by this. We should be outraged that they asked a professional photographer for a freebie in the first place.
    I challenge you to find a business owner, in any industry, that hasn't been asked for a substantial discount on their services and then had that potential client walk away when it wasn't given to them.

There does seem to be a rather large disconnect in the photography market of what creators think they should be paid and what most are willing to pay. I don't think that is justified but someone walking away or not liking your price in business happens literally every day.

The OP should stick to his guns on price but I don't think he should be putting another business on blast because they said no we aren't buying something from you. Call me contrarian but that doesn't seem unreasonable in my view.
    Live Free or Die

Release the Kraken???

The picture is mediocre at best, move along. It’s so fucking busy, can’t look at without getting nauseous. It’s also been done so many times before. OP needs to try harder. He’s a good photographer, he’s not an artist though. That’s like Holiday Inn level work. Good on him for making a living though, I guess.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    The picture is mediocre at best, move along. It’s so fucking busy, can’t look at without getting nauseous. It’s also been done so many times before. OP needs to try harder. He’s a good photographer, he’s not an artist though. That’s like Holiday Inn level work. Good on him for making a living though, I guess.
    Is this performance art or are you actually an asshole in real life? Whatever it is, it's lame and you should try harder.

☝️

Kumbuya fucking level of defense. I’m being critical of the work is all. Defend it if you will, no need to call me an asshole.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Maybe it's not just the act, but the frequency of the act of freebie requests, especially from high end clients saturated with entitlement?
    I'd guess that's a big part of the motivation for g6's response.

Nominally, certain responses are expected.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    They inquired, a price was given, they said no. That is how business works.
    There's nothing wrong with asking in either direction. It's HOW they responded that was so grating. Especially when you get hit up constantly for freebies or steep discounts in exchange for bullshit.

Do people constantly do that to you as professional? Maybe after 999 times, the 1000th douchebag could make you snap.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Maybe it's not just the act, but the frequency of the act of freebie requests, especially from high end clients saturated with entitlement?
    I'd guess that's a big part of the motivation for g6's response.

Nominally, certain responses are expected.
    Nailed it. Exactly what it is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle6 View Post
    This place never disappoints. Let’s get a few things straight here:

1. I miss the absolute shit show that is the TGR message boards. I love it all. The love. The hate. The asshattery. This is a special corner of the interwebz. And yes, I do mean “short bus” special.

2. If you said it’s their prerogative to say thx but no thx to my offer, you’re spot on. I really don’t take issue with their hard pass on my offer. I face rejection every day. Its a free market—people can, should and do choose to either pay the premium I charge for my work…or not.

3. If you said they just happened to be the unlucky poo brown ticket holder in the long line of “almost but weren’t” clients to hold their hand out for a freebie…welp…you’re spot on. Ha. (But still, see line item 4 for more clarity. Haha. )

4. If you laughed out loud at their “I don’t have time” response, then that makes two of us. I’m never too butthurt to appreciate a good middle finger to Planet Earth when I see one. That was next level.

5. I offered to deal in trade because it is both cheaper to them and more valuable to me right now given a pending visit to JH to shoot fall color. Sure, cash is king but VALUE is a very close second. And depending on the day, week, month or year…that value can manifest itself in any number of payment methods that seems to satisfy both parties. In all honesty, most of the time clients like this would gladly choose trade over cash.

6. To the fellow keyboard warrior that thinks I’m doing more harm than good with all this: I didn’t come to the ring with some dainty ass driving gloves. I brought the Everlasts and I’m good and ready to go the full 12. Why? Because this BS philosophy of photo credit as compensation is straight poison. And it won’t change until we creatives shout instead of whisper. Hell, it likely won’t even change then—but at least I can sleep at night.

I am hardly worried about my reputation at this point. I have a healthy Rolodex of clients who value my vision and are willing to compensate me accordingly. I live an exceptional life, have been blessed with an amazing family and I’ve seen more beauty and wonder through my lens than I deserve (but I’ll take it). I’ve been incredibly fortunate to make my living as a professional photographer for nearly 15 years thx in large part to an unfailing commitment on my end to saying no to bad business.

If calling out an establishment that is more than capable of paying a decent rate for desired goods is wrong, then I don’t care to be right.

Oh, and of course—kind regards. Ha. That’s gonna be my new signature. If you made it this far, I owe you a print…

Hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    don't have time to read this, best regards

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle6 View Post
    This place never disappoints. Let’s get a few things straight here:

1. I miss the absolute shit show that is the TGR message boards. I love it all. The love. The hate. The asshattery. This is a special corner of the interwebz. And yes, I do mean “short bus” special.

2. If you said it’s their prerogative to say thx but no thx to my offer, you’re spot on. I really don’t take issue with their hard pass on my offer. I face rejection every day. Its a free market—people can, should and do choose to either pay the premium I charge for my work…or not.

3. If you said they just happened to be the unlucky poo brown ticket holder in the long line of “almost but weren’t” clients to hold their hand out for a freebie…welp…you’re spot on. Ha. (But still, see line item 4 for more clarity. Haha. )

4. If you laughed out loud at their “I don’t have time” response, then that makes two of us. I’m never too butthurt to appreciate a good middle finger to Planet Earth when I see one. That was next level.

5. I offered to deal in trade because it is both cheaper to them and more valuable to me right now given a pending visit to JH to shoot fall color. Sure, cash is king but VALUE is a very close second. And depending on the day, week, month or year…that value can manifest itself in any number of payment methods that seems to satisfy both parties. In all honesty, most of the time clients like this would gladly choose trade over cash.

6. To the fellow keyboard warrior that thinks I’m doing more harm than good with all this: I didn’t come to the ring with some dainty ass driving gloves. I brought the Everlasts and I’m good and ready to go the full 12. Why? Because this BS philosophy of photo credit as compensation is straight poison. And it won’t change until we creatives shout instead of whisper. Hell, it likely won’t even change then—but at least I can sleep at night.

I am hardly worried about my reputation at this point. I have a healthy Rolodex of clients who value my vision and are willing to compensate me accordingly. I live an exceptional life, have been blessed with an amazing family and I’ve seen more beauty and wonder through my lens than I deserve (but I’ll take it). I’ve been incredibly fortunate to make my living as a professional photographer for nearly 15 years thx in large part to an unfailing commitment on my end to saying no to bad business.

If calling out an establishment that is more than capable of paying a decent rate for desired goods is wrong, then I don’t care to be right.

Oh, and of course—kind regards. Ha. That’s gonna be my new signature. If you made it this far, I owe you a print…

Hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Shoulda asked for hookers and blow when the intern turned down your first offer.

I like buttahflakes no nonsense approach to life and such, but it makes me wonder how he Orders pizza.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Shoulda asked for hookers and blow when the intern turned down your first offer.
    Or at least change for a nickel
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I like buttahflakes no nonsense approach to life and such, but it makes me wonder how he Orders pizza.
    Or otherwise functions as an adult in society?

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Ha! Top notch work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Is anyone else amused that the contrary posts come from sirbumpsalot, buttflake, and adironrider? There may be other contrary posts, but those guys manage to consistently (and seemingly intentionally) swim against the current.
    haven’t you figured out those dumbshits define themselves by performative contrarianism? The only thing that gets them off is the kind of people who point out they are stupid

Hey little buddy!
    Name:  Image1664050419.844457.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  8.0 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

Hey little buddy!
    Name:  Image1664050419.844457.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  8.0 KB
    An angry wannabe Canuck who can’t stop jingling his sesame seeds to talk to some neighbors, that’s you creapahflake

Keep feeding me little buddy!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Keep feeding me little buddy!
    Bukkakeflake

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Is this performance art or are you actually an asshole in real life? Whatever it is, it's lame and you should try harder.
    No, he really is an asshole.

Release the Kraken???

When a fat little turd calls me an asshole, it makes me smile.
    How’s it hanging, gravylover? Ha, like you would know! when’s the last time you saw yer dick?
    crab in my shoe mouth

what a sad life you lead.