Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Release the Kraken???

Literally started my photography career here on TGR so many years back. Been a while since I've posted...but shall we not light this place up??? Freebie is one thing, but their response is downright next level. The response I've had on social has been unreal. Obviously struck a chord. (full rundown at Reddit link here https://www.reddit.com/user/Grizzle6...n_hole_is_too/)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3031.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	558.9 KB 
ID:	427269

Name:	IMG_3032.PNG 
Views:	230 
Size:	687.9 KB 
ID:	427270

Name:	IMG_3041.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	755.7 KB 
ID:	427271
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3038.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	427265  
    The Griz

So they didn’t bother to read your response and came back a second time asking to use it? I think they are missing a S in their name

Wow, total douche move on their part. Didn't even try to talk you down to 1 night. For the most part, people suck.

It is a nice pic - well done.

(thats all I got)

-Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I think they are missing a S in their name
    golf clap

Crosspost to r/choosingbeggars and you'll get far more engagement.

Did any of you read his long ass text? Be honest now.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Fuck them. Total douche move not only to ask for it for free, but to go out of their way to reply "Don't have time to read this, kind regards." If you truly don't have time to read it, you got your answer, move on.

And Griz, good to see you post. I have a signed print I got way back that hangs on my wall (well, it's not on my wall at my new place because nothing is, but it will be back up soon).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    It was a bit wordy. I think.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Release the Kraken???

Lol, with this attitude, they already got C&D demand letters and their solution was “next time get the fucking photog to agree to give it to us for free.” How well do you think they treat the help?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

OOH! This one strikes a real chord with me. When I was in Big Sky, I'd have companies hit me up ALL... THE... TIME... for free services in exchange for "credit." I invested a lot of my own time and resources to help them all out in hopes of getting somewhere, even though nobody ever returned the favor. But the final straw was when after I delivered a myriad of equipment and services to one of the largest events of the year there (they said they'd list me as a sponsor and let me set up a prominent booth), they pulled the rug out from under me and said "Lol. JK. Sorry, ends up we can't mention you after all nor can you have a booth." (There was some serious cronyism involved, so it was a top down directive) Had to resist going full Karen on the GM although I gave him a piece of my mind, and I damn near took all my shit back out of there, but that would've been an even worse look for me since the whole town was already there and it would've caused a scene. After being bullshitted time and time again, I finally told these companies they'd have to pay for my services. I cut off the freebies. Had more than one guy get pretty pissed off at me when I told them to go ask my competitor, who these guys were ALL associated with anyway.

I guarantee the owners of the Wor[s]t Hotel you're dealing with are the same exact types of assholes. Hell, it could even be the very same people and $$$ behind the scenes!!! Great job standing your ground and demanding some respect for your work! I can tell a great deal of time and resources goes into what you do too, and those dicks want your product for free? They have billionaires behind them. They can more than afford to properly compensate you. And you were going EASY on them! A hotel stay is all?! That was a great deal for them! Screw 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    But the final straw was when after I delivered a myriad of equipment and services to one of the largest events of the year there (they said they'd list me as a sponsor and let me set up a prominent booth), they pulled the rug out from under me and said "Lol. JK. Sorry, ends up we can't mention you after all nor can you have a booth." (There was some serious cronyism involved, so it was a top down directive) Had to resist going full Karen on the GM although I gave him a piece of my mind, and I damn near took all my shit back out of there, but that would've been an even worse look for me since the whole town was already there and it would've caused a scene.
    I have no idea why you didn't, the "scene" it caused would have been exactly the point. And I bet after you started pulling your stuff, you would have received what you bargained for.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

LOL. Wordy for sure. Good thing there was a word limit in there or it might have been longer.
    The Griz

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Fuck them. Total douche move not only to ask for it for free, but to go out of their way to reply "Don't have time to read this, kind regards." If you truly don't have time to read it, you got your answer, move on.

And Griz, good to see you post. I have a signed print I got way back that hangs on my wall (well, it's not on my wall at my new place because nothing is, but it will be back up soon).
    Haha. Thx brother!
    The Griz

The mentality of these businesses is the same mentality exhibited by a certain ex-president and his refusal to pay vendors after goods and services have been provided. Why do you hate America? We only exist to make the very rich even richer. Modern day serfs.

We used to eat at the Wort when in Jackson. Will have to reconsider in light of this.

#thewort #worthotel

In case this gets picked up and The Wort reads it: you guys are going to lose money doing stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Of course we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have no idea why you didn't, the "scene" it caused would have been exactly the point. And I bet after you started pulling your stuff, you would have received what you bargained for.
    In retrospect, I truly wish I had. However, I was hoping to land a good contract for a job they had me put in a bid for so was trying not to screw that up, but that too also got yanked at the last second. It was later that it dawned on me that I had been played. Moral of the story? Don't give away your services for free. None of those rich buttholes do, so why should us Plebes? Esp since they don't ever return the favor.

OP, do you ever sell Giclée prints of your work? Saw some of your stuff on 'teh Gram. Your photography is stunning.

F' the Wort. Won't be staying there now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

The repeated "Kind regards" is the total cherry on top of that douche sundae. Is that guy for real? Is that like an auto-sig or something? Lol.

You should respond with "[insert insult here], kind regards."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

seems like the call is 'move on' or are we all TFW now?
    bumps are for poor people

Why, when you have a cold cut and cheese breakfast buffet at your disposal for creating lunchtime pocket sandwiches, would anyone stay at any place but the Alpenrose when in Jackson??
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

2 thots: 1 pic = 1k words. Got something in your portfolio that gets that point across (with a simple caption)? They're admitting illiteracy, but they got taste in pics.

And B: they value credit. Don't hate it, offer it in return. Promise to thank them on social media for some of the pics you'll take that weekend. Maybe that's stupid, but the person building their social media ain't gonna cop to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Why, when you have a cold cut and cheese breakfast buffet at your disposal for creating lunchtime pocket sandwiches, would anyone stay at any place but the Alpenrose when in Jackson??
    Speaking of dead soldiers, I can't be the only one who opened this thread expecting it to be about you know who shall not be named.
    I still call it The Jake.