Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    That picture is just kinda meh anyway, big fucking whoop, reflective crap really grabs the eye of the lamest of people.
    Try harder, guy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Where’s my free fucking print?

No barter bullshit. You offered. I accepted.

I read your entire post and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle6 View Post
    This place never disappoints. Let’s get a few things straight here:

Oh, and of course—kind regards. Ha. That’s gonna be my new signature. If you made it this far, I owe you a print…

Hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So should I PM you my address, or…? I’d like something nice for my wall in my office.
    focus.

Is it a dentist office? It’s perfect for that
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    That picture is just kinda meh anyway, big fucking whoop, reflective crap really grabs the eye of the lamest of people.
    Try harder, guy.
    Is it a dentist office? It’s perfect for that
    JFC you’re an insufferable cunt sometimes.

It’s not like he made a “hang in there” cat photo

Or put ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS in ALLCAPS underneath his pic.

It’s a cool shot of a fall Teton still water lake foliage.
    Maybe lake reflections are lame to you. But whenever I see them irl I stop and admire nature.
    I like it. But as a dentist what do I know.

Check these
    https://www.powder.com/photo-galleri...d-adam-barker/
    No reflecting ponds or cats

PS. Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Where’s my free fucking print?

No barter bullshit. You offered. I accepted.

I read your entire post and loved it.
    PM me your address. You pay shipping. Choose ski, landscape or fly fishing and we’ll dip into the grab bag.

The Griz

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    So should I PM you my address, or…? I’d like something nice for my wall in my office.
    PM me your address. You pay shipping. Choose ski, landscape or fly fishing and we’ll dip into the grab bag.

The Griz

JFC you’re an insufferable cunt sometimes.

It’s not like he made a “hang in there” cat photo

Or
    Hmm as an insufferable hipster I think I’m gonna put up a Hang In There cat poster above my mid century sofa.

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Check these
    https://www.powder.com/photo-galleri...d-adam-barker/
    No reflecting ponds or cats

PS. Kind regards
    FKNA!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Please photoshop a cat into the middle of that image from your text exchange with the Wort, and put "hang in there" beneath it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Heh. I was kidding.

But. I might order a print at a slight discount.
    You still need to get paid.

And your photos are amazing. Keep on trucking.

Try harder, guy.
    The only one bringing the "try hard" is your geriatric shop rat self. You are such an insufferable twat.

I dare you to look at the picture for more than 30 seconds without getting motion sickness. Also, why hang a landscape photo in a fucking place that is surrounded by beautiful landscapes? This whole thing is fucked.
    crab in my shoe mouth

but in the reals world he's just a big 'ol sweetheart!

just don't invite him to tea...

Thanks for the laugh. Dyin over here. Wish I had the balls to be more like that when people ask for free labor. It even happens in my field. "We have this awesome project that's going to be huuuuudge. We just need you to X, Y, Z if you want to be a part of it... For free." And what's hilarious is when you tell them no, they get all pissy. WTF?

I've had numerous "offers" over the last couple years that would've required intense amounts of time (MONTHS) to accomplish, all with promises of getting a "seat at the table." "Don't you want that?!" I'd be like "I really just need to get paid for my work." Why is this such a difficult concept for some to grasp?

I used to know a rich trust fund brat I had to work with for a couple years. He was insufferable. Would be constantly trying to start big vision businesses (of course per the terms of his trust), and he would constantly be talking a big game to everyone with promises of getting them on the ground floor. He burned through a LOT of people, who he'd always get to do his bidding until nothing came to fruition and they parted ways. Having sacrificed untold amounts of free labor. Some of his ideas were honestly pretty good, but he had no follow through, so not one business plan ever really happened. Guy could sure smooth talk his ass off, though. Just not to me. He HATED when Id call him out on his BS. That personality seems common place amongst the entitled wealthy who have never had to struggle like the rest of us. Expecting free labor in exchange for "credit" or "exposure?" Piss off, asswipes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Hey AB!! It’s been a minute. Just sitting here at the airport making my way home and catching up on this whole scenario. Proud of you for standing up for your rights. Can’t believe it’s been 15 years since we talked about you going out on your own. Keep on killing it my man - best to the fam!

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I dare you to look at the picture for more than 30 seconds without getting motion sickness. Also, why hang a landscape photo in a fucking place that is surrounded by beautiful landscapes? This whole thing is fucked.
    Not sure if serious, but this is pretty funny… it would be hilarious to have cityscape pictures of Manhattan, Berlin, Toronto et Al on the walls in the mountain west. Everyone aspiring to be somewhere else…

kind regards.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    This place never disappoints. Let’s get a few things straight here:

1. I miss the absolute shit show that is the TGR message boards. I love it all. The love. The hate. The asshattery. This is a special corner of the interwebz. And yes, I do mean “short bus” special.

2. If you said it’s their prerogative to say thx but no thx to my offer, you’re spot on. I really don’t take issue with their hard pass on my offer. I face rejection every day. Its a free market—people can, should and do choose to either pay the premium I charge for my work…or not.

3. If you said they just happened to be the unlucky poo brown ticket holder in the long line of “almost but weren’t” clients to hold their hand out for a freebie…welp…you’re spot on. Ha. (But still, see line item 4 for more clarity. Haha. )

4. If you laughed out loud at their “I don’t have time” response, then that makes two of us. I’m never too butthurt to appreciate a good middle finger to Planet Earth when I see one. That was next level.

5. I offered to deal in trade because it is both cheaper to them and more valuable to me right now given a pending visit to JH to shoot fall color. Sure, cash is king but VALUE is a very close second. And depending on the day, week, month or year…that value can manifest itself in any number of payment methods that seems to satisfy both parties. In all honesty, most of the time clients like this would gladly choose trade over cash.

6. To the fellow keyboard warrior that thinks I’m doing more harm than good with all this: I didn’t come to the ring with some dainty ass driving gloves. I brought the Everlasts and I’m good and ready to go the full 12. Why? Because this BS philosophy of photo credit as compensation is straight poison. And it won’t change until we creatives shout instead of whisper. Hell, it likely won’t even change then—but at least I can sleep at night.

I am hardly worried about my reputation at this point. I have a healthy Rolodex of clients who value my vision and are willing to compensate me accordingly. I live an exceptional life, have been blessed with an amazing family and I’ve seen more beauty and wonder through my lens than I deserve (but I’ll take it). I’ve been incredibly fortunate to make my living as a professional photographer for nearly 15 years thx in large part to an unfailing commitment on my end to saying no to bad business.

If calling out an establishment that is more than capable of paying a decent rate for desired goods is wrong, then I don’t care to be right.

Oh, and of course—kind regards. Ha. That’s gonna be my new signature. If you made it this far, I owe you a print…

Hugs.

This. Bravo.

Most excellent.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    This. Bravo.
    Indeed. This is the right way to stand up for oneself.

I'm glad to be in an industry where no one expects anything for free. Imagine calling a contractor and suggesting he remodel your kitchen in exchange for "exposure" or whatever. You won't get a call back, that's for sure. Why would it be different for creative types?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Indeed. This is the right way to stand up for oneself.

I'm glad to be in an industry where no one expects anything for free. Imagine calling a contractor and suggesting he remodel your kitchen in exchange for "exposure" or whatever. You won't get a call back, that's for sure. Why would it be different for creative types?
    I had a friend who built out vans before the van life douchebags killed his give a shit. Two "well known" climbers that were dating asked him to build out their van for "exposure." I don't think he returned the phone call/email/text.

Also, why hang a landscape photo in a fucking place that is surrounded by beautiful landscapes? This whole thing is fucked.
    Good point. I'm going to write The Wort and tell them they should replace any nature photos with tasteful nudes throughout the hotel. They might be willing to trade two free nights at the hotel to Viva for his help in picking out the photos.

Great stuff. I nominate this thread for The TGR Thread of the Year 2022.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Obviously creators should be paid for their work. The OP also asked for two nights at a hotel which where the cheapest room currently is 700+ per night, if you can get one. Next several weekends are booked solid.

They inquired, a price was given, they said no. That is how business works.

I'm struggling to be outraged that a business didn't want to give $1400+ in value for a social media photo. They didn't steal the photo, they didn't get all righteous about exposure or anything. They just walked away. The Wort might have been a bit presumptuous about asking for the discount they did, but that isn't illegal or unethical.

Photogs should be paid for their work, but they can't get pissed when people choose not to purchase at the price given or if someone asks for a discount. Unfortunately, photography in the Tetons is a very saturated market, so while OP's work may be worth that cost, that doesn't mean the Wort is required to pay it.
    Live Free or Die