La Niña Tele Ski?

Can’t be too stiff. Want the 110-115 range for versatility. Easy to pivot. I’m 6’4”. Don’t mind weight. Don’t mind used.
    Is there anything better than the 194 QST Blank that I should consider? An old hoji?
    What do you think?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by beeshbeesh View Post
    Can’t be too stiff. Want the 110-115 range for versatility. Easy to pivot. I’m 6’4”. Don’t mind weight. Don’t mind used.
    Is there anything better than the 194 QST Blank that I should consider? An old hoji?
    What do you think?
    Thanks.
    My buddy swears by his ON3P Woodsman 108’s for Tele. Current build is 110. He says they have the perfect flex (he just has a stock build from the 1st year of production). He’s 62, so not a young Tele skier but he feels like they make things a LOT easier with regards to turn initiation. He also runs Meidjo 3.0 bindings on them and swears by those too (he came off a set of Outlaws).

Your size, I’d try a rustler 11.

Quote Originally Posted by beeshbeesh View Post
    What do you think?
    Thanks.
    I’m a similar size, but don’t tele, and thought the Blank was a bit soft but ok.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Blanks would probably be pretty fun. I had the last generation of heavy Hojis and really enjoyed them, except for landing switch (ow) and low-speed floatation. Be wary of tip dive with skis with super tapered tips and long sidecuts, I guess.

Do you care about groomer performance at all for these skis?

I currently have Moment Governors for this purpose, and kind of wish I had something with a more forward mount and more tail rocker--enough so that I skied my Meridian Tours inbounds a lot last winter.

Voile V8 in 193cm if you are mostly touring or only want them for deep pow.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    My buddy swears by his ON3P Woodsman 108’s for Tele. Current build is 110. He says they have the perfect flex (he just has a stock build from the 1st year of production). He’s 62, so not a young Tele skier but he feels like they make things a LOT easier with regards to turn initiation. He also runs Meidjo 3.0 bindings on them and swears by those too (he came off a set of Outlaws).

Another vote for this, I have regular and the tour core woodsman with outlaws and meidjo. You can’t go wrong with the shape and the ski releases so much energy upon the lead change. It has a quite a bit of front rocker and a more traditional mount so it planes up nicely in in fresh and it’s super maneuverable in technical terrain (effective edge feels pretty short) The standard layup isn’t a freight train but it really doesn’t get bucked around to hard in variable/ 3d snow either.

I’m 5’8” 210lbs and both are woods 110’s in a 187cm
    Profile pic for reference.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0669.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	427344for reference

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I use bibby’s. I’m 5’10”, 155lbs, and ride 184. Lots of fun for me. At 6’4”, I’d get the longest length.

La Niña Tele Ski?

I also telemark Woodsmans (and Wrens). I don’t find them all that dissimilar in their ease of turn initiation, predictability, stability, and dampness (absorb variability nicely without bucking your mesmerizing tele flow). Wrens just like to accelerate a bit more quickly but both forgivingly shut down the speed they crave. I ski both in the 96 and 108 platforms. You really can’t go wrong w the Woodmans if you consider yourself a strong skier. I can’t recommend them enough for experienced freeheelers but could see them overpower more intermediate tele skiers. They are not light and want to be driven.

182cm Woods here in the ec (179cm Wrens) but would go 187cm (184cm) if I didn’t primarily ski tight trees. 5’11 175lbs for reference.
    Uno mas

Thanks for the tips y’all.
    Ended up finding a 194 Blank for $375, so I spring for it.
    Interesting to hear about the woodsman though. The on3p heavy damp but not wicked friggin stiff set up makes tons of sense. I’ll keep those in mind if I don’t vibe with the QST for sure