Interior BC Hut Recs

Hey all! Looking to experience some of that mid winter pow in Interior BC. The options are seemingly endless aside from many having been booked already. Typically enjoy steep glades, bowls, nothing too gnar. In terms of amenities, a wood fire sauna and a guiding service to help navigate terrain would be nice but otherwise don’t have any other needs.

Any recs for huts/guiding services are appreciated. Stoked for this upcoming season, cheers!

A lot of the huts are booking at least two years out for prime times

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    A lot of the huts are booking at least two years out for prime times
    Yeah, that’s what I was noticing. Unfortunately I’m not much of a planner and was hoping to luck out.

IME every year there were established trips where somebody is injured or for some reason can't make it, if you are flexible have the gear/ the money and can be ready to go no facking around you can be somebodies roster filler, I did a very shortnotice trip where I sent buddy-the-guide money on tuesday and I was on the chopper on friday
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Burnie Hut. Go there. Be happy.
    Battle Abbey is amazing too.
    Come to think of it, every hut trip I've ever done, anywhere has been amazing. So, there's that.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

There’s few things in life as satisfying as a week in a hut in the mountains of BC. Wherever you can get in is infinitely better than not going.

Pay lots get hut! Cdns are selling out to there own resources…good luck trying to afford or be able to book something if u live in this country…lol.

If r gov wasn’t run by chimpanzees they would mandate a cdn citizen quota for these lodges operated on crown land which we all are entitled to use to preserve culturlistic opportunities as Canadians and reduce carbon emissions as opposed to a vax mandate and spyware app….sadly we have been sold out again and again…

Trudeau wants to cut carbon? Stop novelty travel…there is plenty of demand from our citizens to fill these enterprises bookings. Hypocrisy…

Jesus fuck, you're turning a hut thread into a political rant? GTFO with that shit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

well at least he ain't one of them heavily bearded freedumb types driving the black dodge PU to ottawa with the fuck turdeau sticker/ canadian flags yelling " freedumb, fuck trudeau ! " but I'm not sure which is worse

actualy if you do the cocktail napkin math the price of a hut trip is not that bad , lets say < 2500 for 7 days is like 350$ a day for chopper/ food/ lodgings/ a guide who doesnt kill you

if you can be at the chopper in 3 days to fill that roster it can possibly cost you half that ^^ I did grind that guide a little on price but I backed off cuz as i told buddy

I didnt want his children to go barefoot

I don’t think that’s current prices

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I don’t think that’s current prices
    I can confirm that’s not current prices.

I imagine getting an Asulkan space now is as tough to get as a Grand Canyon permit.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well at least lodgings/ a guide who doesnt kill you
    So how much is a guide that tries to kill me?
    An actual serious question for everyone: And can you just go to a Hut and ski Tour on your own, like in civilized countries?

Bonusfor xxxer: do those guides get waitresses pregnant and do they use aquaseal?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

You can in the Canadian alpine club huts and some others, but it is becoming very difficult to at private huts. Demand way outstrips supply so adding a cook and a guide means more folks employed and I am guessing a bigger take for the owners. I have been fortunate to hook up with skifishbum and his crew for four hut trips and we always went unguided. I don’t think I would enjoy a guide leading a big group around.

Ah ok some are private. Makes sense.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

While lacking the romance and mystery of Tim Hortons and poutine, there's some great skiing guided or unguided in the Wallowas in NE Oregon.

https://wallowahuts.com/

They used to offer tours across the Wallowas, staying in several camps over the course of a week. They get consistent good, light snow.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    So how much is a guide that tries to kill me?
    An actual serious question for everyone: And can you just go to a Hut and ski Tour on your own, like in civilized countries?

Bonusfor xxxer: do those guides get waitresses pregnant and do they use aquaseal?
    The trip i went on a group of somebodies meets a guide they like and they keep booking him every year but that would be a lot of people in a group so the guide usually fills it up with other skiers so I am betting established guides have put deposits on some of those huts 2 yrs out, IMO hut owners like to do business with a guide booking their hut and some will not rent to un-guided skiers

So I went solo on a trip with a real guide and i think 4-6 of his long time clients from the excited states and some BC & Alberta locals and another solo guy. The guide books the skiers, books the cabin, contracted the cook & food, contracted the assistant guide, paid all expenses, the skier just shows up with some ski gear & beer. Pre-covid it was < 2500 $ can, I don't know what $ it is now (actualy i did a quick check and its > 3K )

can any asshole just show up? Maybe, this guide was advertising last minute just trying to fill out the roster/ cover expenses, so I showed up also another local but the guide don't want to be looking for skiers 4 days before the trip

will they kill you ? Most guides have families and have a vested interest in coming home, i have heard the guide say " I can't guide that feature cuz its too dangerous "

IME the guide looks way too busy running the trip to do much but run the trip

I am not going to say anything about getting killed on a alpine club trip

I haven’t been to powdercreek since the Covid thing started, but we never got a guide there. Usually we split into the “4500 vert ft is enough” and “let’s get 7000 ft of pow” groups.

Been supporting BC huts since my Seattle/Bham days. So my carbon footprint getting there was a little less than that of my Calgary friends joining me. I guess teamdirt is proposing a law that would discourage Calgarians from using the huts?

Torontards are of course not allowed.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Pay lots get hut! Cdns are selling out to there own resources…good luck trying to afford or be able to book something if u live in this country…lol.

If r gov wasn’t run by chimpanzees they would mandate a cdn citizen quota for these lodges operated on crown land which we all are entitled to use to preserve culturlistic opportunities as Canadians and reduce carbon emissions as opposed to a vax mandate and spyware app….sadly we have been sold out again and again…

Trudeau wants to cut carbon? Stop novelty travel…there is plenty of demand from our citizens to fill these enterprises bookings. Hypocrisy…
    Recreation tenures are Provincially managed, but yes it sucks that local people can’t access these incredible huts in our backyard, cause they’re monopolized by wealthy foreigners. Skiers here are creating our own opportunities, and keeping it quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Recreation tenures are Provincially managed, but yes it sucks that local people can’t access these incredible huts in our backyard, cause they’re monopolized by wealthy foreigners. Skiers here are creating our own opportunities, and keeping it quiet.
    At least in America, we only have ourselves to blame for the ridiculous inflation in skiing. Local hill seasons pass for 22/23 jumped by $1000 relative to 21/22.

Canadians sound more like American flyovers every day.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<