Nuts/Bolts/Pins for sled ramp

I have a 3 fold sled ramp that is now in 2 pieces. 2 of the 3 pins are missing and one is pretty fkn bent. I'm trying to replace the pins to keep in running as its in good shape otherwise. The problem is there are no manufacturer markings on it and the bolts seem to be impossible to track down. Anyone have magic internet skills for finding a 9/32 x 4" (could also been a 7mm) clevis style pin, or carriage bolt with a nut would also be ok. Ideally something shipped from Canada but will take whatever i can get.

I've been using it tied together with tiedowns when loading/unloading last year and it would still work but just want something a little more reliable tbh.

Can you go 5/16" or 8mm diameter? 9/32" doesn't look to be a standard size, so I'd be surprised if that was the size used. Check this McMaster Carr page, though... Just about every possible option. If you can't find one pre-made, I'd buy steel rod in the right diameter, cut it to length, drill two holes on either end to pass cotter pins or key rings through to keep it in place.

If you can find it on McMaster but they won't ship to CA, drop me a PM. If you ship it to my house, I can receive it and send it back out headed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkbrnblm View Post
    Can you go 5/16" or 8mm diameter? 9/32" doesn't look to be a standard size, so I'd be surprised if that was the size used. Check this McMaster Carr page, though... Just about every possible option. If you can't find one pre-made, I'd buy steel rod in the right diameter, cut it to length, drill two holes on either end to pass cotter pins or key rings through to keep it in place.

If you can find it on McMaster but they won't ship to CA, drop me a PM. If you ship it to my house, I can receive it and send it back out headed to you.
    This is what i'm finding so strange about it. Seems like it's such a rare size hence the post. I guess i could look at drilling it out to 5/16 but not sure I want to fuck around with the ramp that much.
    I measured with digital calipers so unless those were off. Looking at it IRL the 1/4 looks much skinnier and the 5/16 definitely fatter.

9/32" = 0.281" and 8mm = 0.276". That's 0.005" difference. Just stick an 8mm clevis pin or bolt in there and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    9/32" = 0.281" and 8mm = 0.276". That's 0.005" difference. Just stick an 8mm clevis pin or bolt in there and call it a day.
    Hmm it was coming up as closer to 7mm when i measure it which again is a super weird size. Maybe i just measured incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Hmm it was coming up as closer to 7mm when i measure it which again is a super weird size. Maybe i just measured incorrectly.
    What's important here is the size of the hole that the pin/bolt needs to go through. Measure that and report back.

How much load are these things holding when the ramps are being used? My guess is not much? Is a little slop going to significantly impact the functionality? I highly doubt that a snowmobile ramp needs to have a super precise fit and downsizing your bolt/pin to the next available common size whether that be a metric or standard size is probably not going to be a problem. 1/16" or more clearance on the diameter between the bolt/pin and the hole is very common.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    What's important here is the size of the hole that the pin/bolt needs to go through. Measure that and report back.

How much load are these things holding when the ramps are being used? My guess is not much? Is a little slop going to significantly impact the functionality? I highly doubt that a snowmobile ramp needs to have a super precise fit and downsizing your bolt/pin to the next available common size whether that be a metric or standard size is probably not going to be a problem. 1/16" or more clearance on the diameter between the bolt/pin and the hole is very common.
    Yeah totally. I was thinking about just putting 1/4" in there with a real nut and washer rather than clevis pin as i think that could work. I just didnt realize how rare 9/32 so was pretty sure I would be able to find it online if not in the local shops...

I mean it held fine with 1 pin and some tie downs so the 1/4 seems like not a terribe idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Yeah totally. I was thinking about just putting 1/4" in there with a real nut and washer rather than clevis pin as i think that could work. I just didnt realize how rare 9/32 so was pretty sure I would be able to find it online if not in the local shops...

I mean it held fine with 1 pin and some tie downs so the 1/4 seems like not a terribe idea.
    a nut and washer will work loose with repeated motion. 7mm Clevis are a thing you can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    a nut and washer will work loose with repeated motion. 7mm Clevis are a thing you can buy.
    PLEASE FIND ME SOME!

Aren't you in Canada ?
    Princess auto has all that stuff for trailers
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Aren't you in Canada ?
    Princess auto has all that stuff for trailers
    They got lots of stuff but nothing anywhere near this size unfortunately.