Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ….dang….. nice work.

If anybody gets the 40% offer on a medium and isn’t feeling it, hit me up (karma for posting this PSA?)

Hot damn, now I'm sad again.

Although I'm not entirely sure if I am a large or XL at 6'2 with a torso that might be on the shorter side. Probably an XL, but if I fit an L it might feel more agile.

They do have a couple of SLX Ripmo AF in M and L for 25% off at $3300. But hard to jump on that after seeing a glimpse of 40% off the carbon models. Also hard to jump given the spec has officially changed to the Z1 coil shock.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    Hot damn, now I'm sad again.

Although I'm not entirely sure if I am a large or XL at 6'2 with a torso that might be on the shorter side. Probably an XL, but if I fit an L it might feel more agile.

They do have a couple of SLX Ripmo AF in M and L for 25% off at $3300. But hard to jump on that after seeing a glimpse of 40% off the carbon models. Also hard to jump given the spec has officially changed to the Z1 coil shock.
    The Z1 coil fork is one of the things that put me off the AF when I was considering ordering it earlier in the week. It's supposed to be a pretty nice fork, especially for the price, but 1. I like DVO suspension (which was specced previously). 2. while I'm not much of a weight weenie, I didn't really want an extra pound on the front of an already somewhat hefty bike, and 3. I weight 195 and probably add another 10 lbs of gear, so I'd be well above the ideal weight for the stock medium spring they come with so would have to buy another one. With all that said, I was also intrigued as I haven't tried a coil fork before and I fall pretty comfortably in the middle of the weight range for the "stiff" spring.

Sizing wise, at 6'2" and not freakishly short of torso, it would seem that you'd be best on an XL Ripmo (just based on my reading, I haven't demoed). The Ibis guide only has L up to 185cm, and I read a lot of online discussion of 6'0" people deciding between the L/XL as a tossup, but above that everyone seemed to go with the XL. I'm pretty muich your height at 190cm (so 6'2"-6'3") with a 90cm biking inseam, so I will weigh in once the bike arrives. Provided there are no more twists!

Probably right--my only hesitation there is that the XL is a hair longer reach than my existing bike and I'm not sure I'd want that. Also the only Ripmo I have actually ridden was a v1 Large (which I recall very much enjoying but that was years ago and I can still have fun on a rental bike that's too small). Don't have a local ibis dealer so I haven't been able to touch a new one, but I'll be in Missoula for the rest of the week and was planning to check their dealer.

And 100% agree on the coil for the same reasons. Supposed to be a good fork, but it is a $$$ downgrade at MSRP, I don't have any specific reason to seek out a coil, I'd have to buy a stiffer coil, and it is adding weight to a bike that's already compromising on weight. Also is it weird to run a coil fork and not a coil shock? Seems like people are more likely to stick the coil in the rear first.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    Probably right--my only hesitation there is that the XL is a hair longer reach than my existing bike and I'm not sure I'd want that. Also the only Ripmo I have actually ridden was a v1 Large (which I recall very much enjoying but that was years ago and I can still have fun on a rental bike that's too small). Don't have a local ibis dealer so I haven't been able to touch a new one, but I'll be in Missoula for the rest of the week and was planning to check their dealer.

And 100% agree on the coil for the same reasons. Supposed to be a good fork, but it is a $$$ downgrade at MSRP, I don't have any specific reason to seek out a coil, I'd have to buy a stiffer coil, and it is adding weight to a bike that's already compromising on weight. Also is it weird to run a coil fork and not a coil shock? Seems like people are more likely to stick the coil in the rear first.
    Don’t worry about the reach, look at the effective top tube. Also there are some shops with the DVO-spec on them still.

I’m a normal 6’1” and the CL was a no brainer. Super cramped on the L

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Can the person that got 40% confirm? Tryingbto get something more than 25% they threw back at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvesrn View Post
    Can the person that got 40% confirm? Tryingbto get something more than 25% they threw back at me.
    Think that was Rontele. He's not on here that much, maybe send him a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Yvesrn View Post
    That was me. It hasn't gone through yet but they made me believe it was. Soni can't confirm, but I think.

But don't push too hard so I get mine cancelled before they bill me!

I bit back like a drama-hooked quibbling little gearbitch, and they'll do 30%.

Do I buy the frame? I want it, but it's still a fkn lot of money for me and not as no-brained as before. WWMD, Ripmo carbon frame with X2 shock for $2.6k pre-tax?

Sell the aluminum one for mayyybe a grand and collect underpants for food money all winter? I still dislike Backcountry. Should take a sweet ski trip instead maybe.

PSA: Ibis bikes 40+% off Competitive Cyclist

you’ll keep that bike for a long time, Norse, but I also support ski trips
    remind me-what’s your current bike?
    pretty sure I recall seeing prior pics of an ibis too
    skid luxury

I have a Ripmo AF w/ DVO shock and fork, plus Hayes Dominion 4-pistons. It rides fkn nice but the carbonation is calling.

Can't swing a full bike at the moment... I guess I'd just swap frames and ride into the sunset.

for sure. I am also a carbon whore
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I have a Ripmo AF w/ DVO shock and fork, plus Hayes Dominion 4-pistons. It rides fkn nice but the carbonation is calling.

Can't swing a full bike at the moment... I guess I'd just swap frames and ride into the sunset.
    Save your money, take a ski trip. Carbon frames aren't some massive upgrade over the aluminum version of the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Save your money, take a ski trip. Carbon frames aren't some massive upgrade over the aluminum version of the same thing.
    Thanks, yeah I'll just let this junkshow go. I dig what I already have.

/bc bs

Good call. If it was me, I’d probably crash and ruin the carbon frame immediately after the upgrade, ha

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Thanks, yeah I'll just let this junkshow go. I dig what I already have.

/bc bs
    I think you made the right choice. Had I been able to get the same spec as the carbon bike I bought cheaper with the alloy frame, I'd have bought that. I've had good luck with carbon, but I don't thi knits a be all end all.

Results

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    That was me. It hasn't gone through yet but they made me believe it was. Soni can't confirm, but I think.

But don't push too hard so I get mine cancelled before they bill me!
    You or anyone get any results from pushing back?

Sat on an SLX AF in size L today. It didn't actually feel that small, but I think XL is the right move. It didn't feel all that heavy either--totally fine, and could probably drop it down further with a wheelset upgrade.

If I could get an SLX AF with DVO suspension and 4-pot brakes with the 25% off, I think I might jump on it.
    Unfortunately that does seem unlikely as anything ordered now from Ibis's warehouse is now officially specced with the Z1 coil. And the shop I was at wouldn't do the 25% off pricing anyways.

Anyone know of a seller that does have the DVO forks with the 25% off in an XL?

PSA: Not 40%, but Jenson has the SLX carbon ripmo with carbon wheels for 25% off in all sizes
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Ibis-Ripmo...heel-Bike-2022

That makes it cheaper than the SLX Ripmo with aluminum wheels at Competitive Cyclist which is currently 15% off (and I tried, they won't match the 25% discount level on other builds).

Seems like a pretty fair price assuming you want the carbon wheels? Shop I test rode an AF in last week said best they could do on an AF was 10% (and that they were mad at Ibis for pushing the 25% deal everywhere...) and nothing on the carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Acquaintance of mine is a big Ibis dealer and did a IG story sneak preview of the new one, looks like it's going to use the new SRAM universal hanger, have a new integrated rubber chainstay guard, and was a nice looking blue-ish grey carbon Ripmo I think.. Pretty good marketing ploy on his part.
    I kinda got confirmation on this too. Seemed like no major changes coming on the ripmo, SRAM universal hanger and new colors.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/ibis-r...ew-colors.html

Well thats the reason for all the sales...

Well... that's an update which I'm happy to miss for a substantial discount.

My bike is arriving today. I'm excited!

Edit: And my wife went to the coffee shop. Thankfully it's a pretty good neighborhood, but still.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b29cc382-b623-4709-bf34-24e616a4b5ed.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	522.4 KB 
ID:	427787
    Last edited by MarcusBrody; 09-27-2022 at 01:22 PM.

Ooof… nbd should be a personal holiday.

I had to google "UDH rear derailleur". how long before there are 5 different standards for UDH rear derailleur?

Bump.

Some good deals out there again for Ibis on Jensen: https://www.jensonusa.com/Ibis-Bicyc...price-discount

Somebody nab that large Ripley AF with GX AXS for $3400