Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I mean, she had no problems murdering all the innocent pee ons that died when her giant dragon burst into the room, so why not kill your ACTUAL enemies, enemies who will end up killing her a few episodes from now??
    Agreed. Maybe the books provide a different perspective, but we're not watching a book.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Agreed. Maybe the books provide a different perspective, but we're not watching a book.
    Nope. This move only makes sense if she wanted to remain an independent third power. And she doesn't, she's on Team Black.

Seems like the writing got a bad case of "Wouldn't it be so cool looking if...".

That's where GoT jumped off the rails. This was entertaining enough, thoroughly enjoying the fact that the nominal hero is a lying, gas lighting, arrogant brat and the villain is a mess of contradictions too. The exact opposite of the good vs evil pablum being spoon fed over on Rings. But then this odd choice.

The only way I can read it is Rhaenys recognized that Alicent could have simply assassinated her in her sleep. But she didn't and she actually made a very fair offer so Rhaenys didn't pull an assassination move either. The carnage just shows how the true dragon bonded targaryens are apex predators who do not care about the fate of the sheep. As I said earlier, you'll find no heroes in this story. Death by famine, casualties of war, trampled by my dragon, that's the peasant's fate and one way is as good as another.

Its all about perspective. From one point of view in history, Otto Hightower is a great hero. He's the great man who lured this unstoppable alien race of sister fucking overlords into self-destruction.

House of the Dragon

Perhaps Raenys figured she might not survive an attack at that moment as Aemond and Vhagar are not going down without a fight. Maybe it was one last forceful attempt at diplomacy— the blacks have three of these adult dragons to your one (assuming Aegon hasn’t bonded with a dragon yet, which hasn’t been mentioned in the show iirc).
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 10-21-2022 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Perhaps Raenys figured she might not survive an attack at that moment as Aemond and Vhagar are not going down without a fight. Maybe it was one last forceful attempt at diplomacy— the blacks have three of these adult dragons to your one (assuming Aegon hasn’t bonded with a dragon yet, which hasn’t been mentioned in the show iirc).
    Huh? What do you mean "Aemond and Vhagar aren't going down without a fight"?? Its not like Aemond was sitting on Vhagar as Rhaenys busted in the room! He was standing on the stage with all the other greens with his dick in his hand! He was nowhere near Vhagar and indeed would have gone down - fast - without any fight whatsoever if Rhaenys had just said dracarys.

(Also, Aegon *does* have a dragon, he rides {googles it} Sunfyre. If you remember, all the kids - young Aemond, as well as Rhaenyras sons Lucerys and Jacaerys, had dragons except for Aemond, who got ragged on for being the only one without one with the pig)

House of the Dragon

Huh? What do you mean "Aemond and Vhagar aren't going down without a fight"?? Its not like Aemond was sitting on Vhagar as Rhaenys busted in the room! He was standing on the stage with all the other greens with his dick in his hand! He was nowhere near Vhagar and indeed would have gone down - fast - without any fight whatsoever if Rhaenys had just said dracarys.

(Also, Aegon *does* have a dragon, he rides {googles it} Sunfyre. If you remember, all the kids - young Aemond, as well as Rhaenyras sons Lucerys and Jacaerys, had dragons except for Aemond, who got ragged on for being the only one without one with the pig)
    You’re right— I forgot that in one of the episodes the kids tease Aemond about not having bonded with a dragon, yet, so Aegon has likely already bonded with Sunfyre who I believe to be at least the size of Syrax, Rhaenyra’s dragon. So maybe it’s 3-2.

I didn’t think you could burn a Dragon (Targaryen). I believe she would have risked her life if she attacked.

ETA I think it was intended for audience members like my wife, who hasn’t read the wikis or books and isn’t yet aware just how wildly shit is about to go down following the Greens’ claim to the throne.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 10-21-2022 at 06:28 PM.

I mean, she had no problems murdering all the innocent pee ons that died when her giant dragon burst into the room, so why not kill your ACTUAL enemies, enemies who will end up killing her a few episodes from now??
    Remember when Daemon showed up at the Stepstones and his dragon squashed a Westerosi prisoner?

I think this and Rhaenys’ episode are metaphors- Kings squash peasants indiscriminately - they are too big to notice

Edit - neck deep beat me to it

I'll give it a B+. It's not perfect but it's doing it's own thing, out from under the shade of GoT. It's definitely a tragi-history; a study of powerful characters whose flaws drag everything into ruination. A bit like The Hollow Crown set into Westeros.

People have complained there's no comic relief., no good Tyrion and Bron shit talk. Well, it's humorless because comedy is tonally dissonant in a story about an extended family that murdered each other until almost every character is dead at the conclusion. This is a totally different genre. GoT was fantasy/adventure that at its core level of writing was defined by its "pair ups" and interplay of characters. This just isn't going to be that.

I will watch another 10 hours. As for this seaon, considering it's a basically a prologue that has to cover 20 years and age two generations of characters to adulthood...eh, not too shabby. That's not an easy story to produce.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 10-25-2022 at 09:28 AM.

House of the Dragon

I enjoyed it. Thought the first episode wasn’t great and that it got better from there, save a few moments.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1666710757.376718.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	431186

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    So maybe it’s 3-2.
    I believe its more tilted in favor of the Blacks (even minus Lucerys and his dragon). Both Rhaenera and Daemon ride dragons, Rhaenys and Jacerys both ride dragons, there is the dragon that Laenor rode, who is presumably in Dragonstone, where the Blacks have access to him, and there is the dragon in the season finale, whom Daemon sings to to lure out..

The Greens only have the two ridden by Aegon and Aemond. So its at least 4-2 if not 5 or 6 to 2. and don't forget that Daemon is paying attention and grabbed a dragon egg..

It *has* to be an advantage that the Blacks control Dragonstone also, one would think.

Aemond's dragon is easily the size of 3-4 dragons. So that kind of helps even things out.

Things are finally getting going. I’ll look forward to the next season. Unfortunately, it may be a year or more until season 2.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Aemond's dragon is easily the size of 3-4 dragons. So that kind of helps even things out.
    Turns out, geezer dragons are just as wrinkly, saggy and ugly as geezer humans.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    Things are finally getting going. I’ll look forward to the next season. Unfortunately, it may be a year or more until season 2.
    HBO said "probably" 2024

Im slowly catching up on it.
    Very very good.
    Like the early game of thrones seasons. Character driven Drama.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.