Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    I use a Gooloo 4000 for jump starting. Flawless so far.

Makita air compressor lives in truck box. It’s great for all sorts of tires large small + high lo pressure. You need to keep your hand on it while it’s running versus my buddys dewalt which you can set target pressure and walk away.
    Voile strap will keep it running, but it can be a bit awkward.

I got one of these today. I'm pretty confident in the jumper, have not tested that. But I was skeptical about the compressor. Charged it to 100%. Deflated a 275 R18 tire to 5 psi, hooked the compressor up and let 'er rip for 9 minutes. They say to only run it for 10 minutes. After 9 it aired the tire up to 28 psi. My regular gauge said 30psi. The unit got pretty hot, but didn't sound strained at the end of 9 min. When I plugged it in to charge it, read 75% charged. It's hard to tell how much juice it used because the battery level indicator reads in 25% increments. It's still charging after about 45 min. I don't have anything to compare it to, but this seems like pretty good performance for what it is. I got if for emergency use, not to be airing down and re-inflating all the time.
    https://www.jfegwo.com/pages/3000a-red
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.

So, inspired by this thread I bought one last year.. Charged it up to 100% on arrival and stashed it with the code reader and manual tire pump.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This morning daughter's tire is MOSTLY flat. Pull it out.. It won't turn on or pump.. Battery display says 25%, Plugged it on to car, still won't turn on. Plugged it on to the AC house current, still won't turn on.. Fucking worthless. Used a foot pump to get the tire back up enough to limp to the tire shop this mornings. When I returned. the miracle gadget was up to 75% and turned on fine.. FKNA!

I've ordered another $15 one that runs directly from the car power port. Such a pain in the ass that other brand new one wouldn't hold a viable charge for less than a year.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So, inspired by this thread I bought one last year.. Charged it up to 100% on arrival and stashed it with the code reader and manual tire pump.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This morning daughter's tire is MOSTLY flat. Pull it out.. It won't turn on or pump.. Battery display says 25%, Plugged it on to car, still won't turn on. Plugged it on to the AC house current, still won't turn on.. Fucking worthless. Used a foot pump to get the tire back up enough to limp to the tire shop this mornings. When I returned. the miracle gadget was up to 75% and turned on fine.. FKNA!

I've ordered another $15 one that runs directly from the car power port. Such a pain in the ass that other brand new one wouldn't hold a viable charge for less than a year.
    More to this saga.. Wife had a low pressure TMPS light a week ago. Pulled the unit out that I had fully charged after the above failure. It was DEAD again.. Totally worthless if it won't stay charged for more than a month for emergencies. Back and forth with the vendor via the support link from the Amazon invoice and purchase information. Told them on two full charge cycles neither time would it work after sitting more than a couple weeks. They eventually offered to sell me another piece of shit at a 50% discount. Told them to go pound sand and wote a product review..

This week they saw the product review and trying to discuss a refund. The could have easily just refunded it or sent me a replacement.. "Discuss a refund???"" I told them to pound sand again.. Said "I'm not editing the review.. Keep my money, you earned it"...

I also noticed that there are a couple other similar reviews and they no longer sell the model they sold me...The one linked now to the same url is a little different. So I see through their bullshit;
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!