Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mpro/escaper96/enforcer94+100/stance96/holyshred/ripstick96black

Once again looking for pnw front side ski- groomers, steeps, hardpack,slush , bumps

Looking for something that’s responsive , stable , and with a large sweet spot .

A ski that is comfortable with any turn shape… all the above are intriguing to me and some can be found for a lot less than others

Anyone have experience with all these by chance ? Thx ! Yes I have looked at the various brand dedicated threads

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by greenmachine; 09-18-2022 at 10:25 PM.

Width of 94-100

Very little feedback in forums on the escaper and holy shred

Had mantra 102 but skied the 184 and found them too unresponsive (planks)

Tried the liberty evolve 100 and didn’t like them — too locked into a certain turn shape - hooky- maybe too much side cut

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Tried the liberty evolve 100 and didn’t like them — too locked into a certain turn shape - hooky- maybe too much side cut

If you felt that way about the Evolve, take the Enforcers off the list…
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Bonafide

Masterblaster might be a good option - really versatile ski with a huge sweet spot.

I've got the Blizzard Bonafide 97 and Stöckli Stormrider 95 for what you're talking about, stoked about both skis. Took side edge bevels on both to 2 degrees for a little looser feel.

Felt the same about M102s and now have B97s and love em. One of my fav skis.

Haven’t skied em but the Stance 102 sounds like a compelling option, like a burlier 96?

Spring of '21, I demo'd a bunch of stuff in the ~100mm waist looking for a new daily here in CO. I tried: M-pro 99, QST 99, Enforcer 100, Black Ops Sender, Mantra M5. I had others on my list that the shop either didn't have (anything Blizzard, Rustler, Cochise, Bonafide, Fischer Ranger 99, Black Crows, Ripstick) or didn't have time for (Mindbender). Here are my thoughts from what I can remember.

QST - No idea why these get so much love. Felt brittle and chattery.
    Enforcers - Also no idea why people love these so much. Felt leaden and boat-like.
    Mantras - Holy cow these things are on rails. I had to fight to get out of turns. Super fun on groomers, but anything else, I did not enjoy.
    Senders - my second favorite of the bunch. Energetic, poppy, pretty easy edge to edge (even being the widest of the bunch), felt really good in the bumps
    M-pros - what I ended up buying. +1 to everything on the Senders. More energy, more pop, so flickable and maneuverable. Whether in bumps, trees, or groomers, I felt like I was springing out of every turn. So fast edge to edge, easy to steer, easy to stop, maybe not the most damp, but good enough. But what really did it for me was the pop, flickability, and rebound out of every turn.

I think some of your choice will come from how you like to ski and what you like to ski. For me, bumps and trees top the in-bounds list. I like to ski with finesse more than strength, like high maneuverability, and enjoy a really energetic feeling ski. That may not be you. Best thing to do is demo as many as you can.

Mpro/escaper96/enforcer94+100/stance96/holyshred/ripstick96black

Thank you for the feedback! Anyone else have some reflection here? Bandit man and kc777 I know we have paralleled some ski choices in the past

Thank you for the feedback! Anyone else have some reflection here? Bandit man and kc777 I know we have paralleled some ski choices in the past

I’m kinda looking for the same thing, but keep end up on the more stable at speed side of the equation. The 184 MantraM6 and 183 Bonafide 97 are going to battle it out this coming season.

Unless you have already ruled it out, I’d add the Blizzard Rustler 9 to the list. Got backbone but also that rebound and agility you seem to be after.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

The narrower enforcers are very different than the 100+ sizes.
    I have the older 94--good front side ski for groomers and other firm snow, A little stiff in the bumps and slush--skiable but not the first choice for those conditions.
    IME asking a ski to do everything you want is asking a lot. A front side ski for the groomers, your everyday ski for everything else except major pow.

Dynastar M-Free 108 is a great PNW ski!
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Dynastar M-Free 108 is a great PNW ski!
    Absolutely! But I wouldn’t pass it off as a “frontside ski” like the OP mentioned.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Give the MSP99 some consideration. It's my go to no new snow PNW ski. Really fun ski with a bit of backbone and big sweet spot. Mine are the 181 mounted on the line. I'm 5"8', 150ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Absolutely! But I wouldn’t pass it off as a “frontside ski” like the OP mentioned.

That’s true. But all through the high pressure ice conditions, I felt like a strong skier on them.

I really clicked with M Free 99s in this role at +1.

I like them more than BlackOps/HolyShred98s due to their looser nature - aka they are happy to stay on edge, happy to release their tails and happy to do shorter turns if you tell them to, whereas BO98s are stronger (due to longer camber and less taper) and are more inclined to turn when on edge. I did not find either of them to be particularly spectacular in deeper soft snow (ON3P Woodsmans are lot better narrower soft snow ski imho, the other two are stronger groomer skis), but enjoyed MF99s a lot in spring slush/bumps.

I have since bought MPro99s (or bought them before swapping to a stiffer/heavier pair of MF99s and moving forward a cm, MF99s feel stronger/like more ski at +1 than at recommended imho) and Bonafides for icier days. I am kinda expecting the MP99s to ski more like MF99s (do what you tell them to) while Bonafides will be slightly more inclined to turn - but I have no idea if that is the case. The Bonafide seems like more ski. The idea is to keep one of them, and so far the choice is on MP99s.

The new Sender 106 ti+ seems like a good contender too. It seems to be identical to the 104 ti (in spite of the marketing copy - so nm 106 vs 104, they are the same width at the same lengths), just with a different construction.

I have to pair of corvus at the mid 100”s so focused on 94-100 waist for hard pack. I’m surprised to hear you say mfree is stiffer thanpro? I will check out the msp 99 and bonafide..

I got a pair of Bonafide 98 from about 5years ago. They are a lot of ski; often too much. They are not my favorite in anything more than 6 inches of snow because for me they demand a lot of forward pressure which then causes tip dive and me going over the handlebars, but maybe this is just a me problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    I got a pair of Bonafide 98 from about 5years ago. They are a lot of ski; often too much. They are not my favorite in anything more than 6 inches of snow because for me they demand a lot of forward pressure which then causes tip dive and me going over the handlebars, but maybe this is just a me problem?
    I have Bonafide 98s. Solid ski for low tide and mank, but not so great for fresh over a few inches. I kind of view them as a get it done directional so for crappy snow. Definitely not a powder/fresh snow ski though. Fwiw and IMHO.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skinipenem; 09-18-2022 at 05:34 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

On3p Wren 98 fills that spot for me. Tip does not pull you across firm groomers due to larger tip splay/ rocker, but anything remotely soft they are great. It’s like they took a Wren 108 and shrunk it by 1 cm in the waist. Same attributes, just quicker with less float. I ski mine tele fwiw.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

A ski that is comfortable with Amy turn shape…
    As someone who has dated many Amys, I feel I'm qualified to recommend a shorter thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!