FS: Code RSCs w/ Cascade cams, rotors, MTX pads

Seeing as how I've joined the Cult of Dominions, I'm selling a set of Code RSC brakes upgraded with a Cascade Components North Fork cam set (makes them bite sooner/firmer - more on/off), Better Bolts titanium bolts, and MTX gold brake pads. Original cams will be included - swapping back is simple. I can reinstall the original cams before shipping if you prefer. Also includes a set of 200mm Centerline rotors and MatchMaker adapters. Brakes are recently bled and in excellent working order. Hoses are cut for a size medium (450mm reach) bike.

TGR price $280 includes shipping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2851.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	426442

Name:	IMG_2850.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	426441

Name:	IMG_2852.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	426440

I’ll bump this with a question—that Cascade cam works well it sounds like? I got some new RSCs from a friend that I’m using on an extra bike I loan to friends, and had to use some tricks to get a firm feel but would like to try the cam.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Unrelated,, but can you compare / contrast the Code RSC to the Hayes? I haven't tried a hayes brake since I had a pair of Mags bolted on to a Marzocchi that was still coil sprung and open bath goodness...

Yes, Cascade cams definitely firm up the lever feel, for better and for worse. Makes the bite feel more pronounced, but also feels like the pull force increases. Their statement that they're probably not ideal for brake draggers is probably accurate. I'd say that the cams make them feel more Magura-ish, but still have all the other benefits of Codes (super easy & clean bleed, availability of parts, adjustments, MatchMaker, durability).

The Hayes have a ridiculously light and smooth pull, but still have a pronounced bite and tons of power.
    The amount of finger force required to move the lever before the bite starts for various brakes feels like: Dominions < XTR < Codes < MT7s.
    *to me this correlates to amount of arm pump on long, draggy descents.
    Stopping power I'd rank: Dominions > MT7s > XTR = Codes.
    *Codes have power but it comes on very linearly.
    Suddenness of bite: XTR > Hayes > MT7 > Codes.
    *See above... Codes come on very linearly. Bite of Hayes is more sudden than MT7 but not quite that of XTR (although close). My XTR buddy really liked the feel of the Hayes and said he'd switch to those if it didn't mean buying 4 sets of brakes for his various bikes.
    Ease of bleed: Codes > XTR = Hayes > MT7.
    Ease of alignment / avoiding pad rub: Hayes > Codes = XTR > MT7.
    *MT7 has very little rollback and 4 independent pads, so a total bitch to keep from rubbing. The Hayes Crosshair system is awesome and quick. Codes and XTR align normally with normal rollback and 2 piece pads.
    Reliability: Hayes > MT7 > Codes > XTR.
    * so far haven't had to rebleed or touch any adjustments on the Hayes after half a year. MT7s I felt like I needed to at least top bleed every time I changed pads in order to keep the lever feel the same left/right (the bite adjust is as worthless as the Shimano one). Codes I felt like I needed to tweak the contact adjust to keep left/right feeling the same after a few months, but could keep doing that for about 9 months before that became more frequent and I'd just go ahead and do the bleed since it was so easy. Shimanos are a crapshoot as to when the wandering bite point sets in. My one buddy who runs them just warranties them until he gets a set that doesn't have that develop within a few weeks, then runs them for a year between bleeds.
    Durability: Hayes = Codes > Shimano > MT7.
    Haven't broken anything on Hayes or SRAM, both feel sturdy. Shimano levers feel less sturdy. MT7s I've broken the MC where the lever attaches.

My overall personal preference is Hayes > Codes > MT7s > Shimano. The wandering bite point is a dealbreaker for me with Shimano, and I got sick of dealing with pad alignment and rebleeding to get matched lever feel on the MT7s. The silky lever feel of the Hayes converted me and after I tried a buddy's bike with them, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

^^^ Interesting.

I like my Codes. I also like my MT7's. Generally agree with your comparisons of those two, although my MT7's require less initial finger force than my Codes; the MT7's are maybe the lightest action brakes I've used.

But I'm definitely curious to try some dominions.

My experience with the MT7s was mostly with the HC3 levers, which Magura acknowledge reduces leverage in favor of adjustability. I rode a buddy's ebike which had the longer Bruni / HC-W levers on MT7s, and the pull force was MUCH less on those (although it had a terrible bleed and awful pad drag). The Maguras are such a German product... when they're set up perfectly, they're amazing, but once things start getting a little out of sorts they can get really frustrating. Once I got the bleed down, it was no big deal, but I know lots of people struggle with it. I'm really picky about pad drag, and I felt like I was realigning them every couple weeks. On the ebike I borrowed with them, I was doing realignment every ride (4500 ft descending).

Fully agreed with Andeh's assessment (having only ridden the MT7s with the HC3 lever).

Bump with some updated info that people on Pinkbike requested:

The Ti bolts are the long clamp bolts, the MMX bolts, and the pad retaining bolts. Didn't go all in on the tiny bolts.
    I'd guess about 1,100 miles on the brakes. Rotors are at 1.8-1.85mm, front pads are ~3.9mm, rear pads ~3.8mm.

Sold for $275 on PB