Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Tailgate blacksmith invents Pattigoochi.

Good for him
    watch out for snakes

https://www.businessinsider.com/pata...houinard2022-9

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

That article is not incorrect but misses the same important nuance as Adironrider did. The article makes it sound like this is a tax scam, as if Yvon gets to keep the money/worth of the company and its profits and avoid taxes. But the gift is avoiding taxes precisely because it's not a gift to him or his family, he doesn't get to keep the money or keep putting the profits in his pocket or later sell the company and keep that money. The whole reason this gets to avoid taxes is because he does not keep the value of the company and he does not retain access to the profits.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyone who has not seen the movie " the true cost". Should.

You will never look at clothing the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That article is not incorrect but misses the same important nuance as Adironrider did. The article makes it sound like this is a tax scam, as if Yvon gets to keep the money/worth of the company and its profits and avoid taxes. But the gift is avoiding taxes precisely because it's not a gift to him or his family, he doesn't get to keep the money or keep putting the profits in his pocket or later sell the company and keep that money. The whole reason this gets to avoid taxes is because he does not keep the value of the company and he does not retain access to the profits.
    Holdfast is a 501c(4) so it doesn’t avoid all taxes, per Bloomberg. And they owe $17.4 million on the voting trust transfer

it’s just bad faith bullshit from a usual source

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Holdfast is a 501c(4) so it doesn’t avoid all taxes, per Bloomberg. And they owe $17.4 million on the voting trust transfer

it’s just bad faith bullshit from a usual source
    Agreed. I have seldom - never? - ran across any legit and reasonable articles from BI.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Says the guy who already admitted he doesn’t know anything about trusts and their legal structure.

Look, I buy into marketing hype myself from time to time, notably if it has four wheels, internal combustion, and a German name. That doesn’t change the fact Patagonia is sold you a bill of goods that isn’t exactly pure as the driven snow.

Which whatever, you just seem extra defensive about it. They still donate 100 mill a year, which is rad and I’ve said that repeatedly.

Hard to believe there's such disagreement in a thread where everyone agrees that a great thing just happened.
    Yvon just set a great example, again, in the war against climate change.
    May others with coin follow suit.
    Living offa 5 cent damaged cat food cans in his climbing bum days?
    Feel like kindred spirits in shit like that.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Says the guy who already admitted he doesn’t know anything about trusts and their legal structure.

Look, I buy into marketing hype myself from time to time, notably if it has four wheels, internal combustion, and a German name. That doesn’t change the fact Patagonia is sold you a bill of goods that isn’t exactly pure as the driven snow.

Which whatever, you just seem extra defensive about it. They still donate 100 mill a year, which is rad and I’ve said that repeatedly.
    You're fucking hysterical, you look for any opening to attack rather than argue actual substance. Oh, he admitted he's not a corporate/trusts attorney, I can attack that! I can't actually attack anything he said but I can call his credentials into question and repeat my attack on Patagonia, while ignoring any substance.

Bravo.

Is he getting good press? Yes. Does that help market the company. Absolutely. Does marketing the company help push his mission? Also yes.

So riddle me this: for a billionaire who wants to give his wealth away, but still wants his company to continue with his mission and be successful at that, and wants to make sure that the money he gives away is used to further his mission in a way he wants, what should be do? How should he structure the giveaway?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	635B2D23-0405-419F-9F24-CB13F1F4D1E4.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	579.3 KB 
ID:	426705
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Def just a marketing ploy. He should have just donated all earnings to causes that he deems appropriate since, it’s like…his money. And should have been smart about it and set it up so that when he’s gone and his kids are gone, that structure doesn’t change. Like an ongoing perpetuity to keep the company running to continue to give money to environmental causes forever. Shoulda woulda coulda. For shame. Fuckin marketing ploy.
    Decisions Decisions

Let me guess Brock...You think the Greenies are out to fuck you over?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    My dog loves those things.
    Also, I think you may have missed the tongue-in-cheek nature of that post.

You would trade your elite billionaire status to save THIS planet?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...onaire-satire/

Columnist
    Opinion | You would trade your elite billionaire status to save THIS planet?
    Opinion by Alexandra Petri
    September 15, 2022 at 4:11 p.m. ET

Enraged by the news that Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard was donating his entire company to a trust and nonprofit dedicated to fighting climate change, surrendering billionaire status and paying approximately $17.5 million in taxes in the process, the Billionaires’ Coalition held an emergency meeting to beg him to reconsider, and I got hold of their minutes.

10 a.m.: Meeting is called for 10 a.m. Warren Buffett is there on time, but no one else is.
    10:01 a.m.: Tim Cook signs on but never turns camera or microphone on.
    10:02 a.m.: Richard Branson arrives. He says he is sorry to be late but he was in space.
    10:04 a.m.: Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon and owner of The Washington Post) arrives. Mr. Bezos observes that he is sorry to be late but was in space. Mr. Branson says not to worry, he has been to space himself and he is sure it was important. Mr. Buffett looks at his watch.
    10:07 a.m.: Elon Musk arrives. He says he is sorry he was late but he was in space, too, but much better and higher. Some disagreement as to whether this is true. Mr. Buffett asks whether he has time to make a sandwich. Agreement to start the meeting. Someone notices that Mark Zuckerberg is not in the meeting yet.
    10:08 a.m.: Discussion about whether Mr. Zuckerberg is all right. Questions raised: Is he just wandering around the metaverse alone? Is he having a good time or is this a cry for help? Does he not realize that he has cartoonish amounts of money that can be used in the real world to buy him experiences and delights and that if he really wants to visit the Eiffel Tower he can do so physically in person and take a real mediocre selfie? Is he hurt not to be invited to space?
    10:15 a.m.: Mr. Zuckerberg summoned to meeting, says he is sorry he was late but he was in the metaverse. No response. He suggests that meeting should be held in the metaverse instead of on Zoom and reveals that he has already made custom avatars for the other billionaires and decorated what he describes as a “fun meeting room that almost feels like a real conference room” in the metaverse. They rebuff the suggestion, saying it “sounds fun” but “maybe another time.”
    10:19 a.m.: The main subject of the meeting, persuading Mr. Chouinard to do something else with his money than donate his entire company to a trust and nonprofit dedicated to fighting climate change, is raised. Suggestions:
    Invite him aboard yachts. This will change his mind! Mr. Zuckerberg emphatically says, “We should do a yacht party! I’ll bring the VR goggles!” No takers. It is agreed to put a pin in the yacht concept.

Bring him to space on the best and fastest space vehicle possible. Some disagreement as to which vehicle this is that becomes increasingly heated.

Charlie Munger suggests that instead of fighting climate change, he could “donate a really big building to a college with no windows that thumbs its nose at the fire code, let that fire code know who is boss, really sock it to the fire code.”

Buy Twitter.

Buy The Washington Post.

Host SNL.

Buy SNL.

Do the Billionaires’ Handshake many times over. [N.B. The Billionaires’ Handshake is when you wave 65 $100 bills at each other and then light them on fire.]

Settle sexual misconduct claims.

Join the climate change fight, but on the other side, against the climate, by way of corporate carbon output and one’s own personal emissions.
    10:31 a.m.: General agreement that this planet is a trash heap anyway and good for little besides flying over it in a spacecraft. Who would want to invest resources in a world where some people are without clean water and food and have to bankrupt themselves to receive medical care? Any effort to preserve this place for more miserable generations would be a waste of energy better used making phones smaller and then bigger again just because. Money is simply best spent on oneself, or really anything other than ending world hunger. If nothing else, just sit on it and let it accumulate.
    10:32 a.m.: Sinister laughter for three minutes. Midway through, someone starts coughing and does not mute.
    10:35 a.m.: Mr. Branson notes that the meeting is approaching the 40-minute limit on the free version of Zoom and that they should wrap up.
    10:36 a.m.: A letter to Mr. Chouinard is drafted summarizing the billionaires’ points and urging him to join them in space “sometime soon” in a noncommittal, general way.
    10:39 a.m.: Mr. Zuckerberg suggests that “if we sent the letter in the metaverse, we could send it with a fireworks effect”; no response.
    10:40 a.m.: Meeting adjourned

Adirondy Profane if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    My dog loves those things.
    Also, I think you may have missed the tongue-in-cheek nature of that post.

I think you may have missed the t-i-c nature of my post...and can't think of any reason Coonyard would pull a stunt like this other than to grift...

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Tailgate blacksmith invents Pattigoochi.

Good for him

What would West Virginia do if Patagootie bought Carhartt? They easily could you know, if they were interested in that sorta work.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Right you are! The Greenies are out to fuck me over!!

I don’t think I’m quite at your t-i-c level yet, way too meta for my feeble little brain.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

I don’t think I’m quite at your t-i-c level yet, way too meta for my feeble little brain.
    Better greenies than road bikers. Those road bikers are a malevolent bunch. They are out to get us.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

the greenie treats gave the dog death farts and sharts, evil in a box

Just bear with me....And HOW are they going to fuck you over? That's right, by making the environment better for your kids. Your kids, for God's sake!

They can't even leave the kids out of this...

watch out for snakes