Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Mansion? Can you verify that, please? I’ve always heard it was a small cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    LOL, google homes in the Solitude subdivision....
    His daughter was fun to party with back in the day, allegedly.

All I know is I supported Yvon when he cut the gondola cable, pooped in a box, discovered upstate and I support him now. May he become queen!

I hope it’s successful. Many thought that the spin-off of BD, as a worker owned co-op was great and would succeed in that biz structure. Many were happy when Patagonia bought Lotus Designs, but look at lotus designs now….

I know several people that have known Yvon when he was younger, always inventing and tinkering, still a dirtbag (sleeping on couches when visiting his stores throughout the world). I hope has still tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    He gave away 98% of his company to a non-profit. He gave 2% to a trust he and his family and some advisers (according to the article) control. Trusts do have rules, too. But like I said, even if you prefer to think he retained full control of the company with that 2%, HE GAVE AWAY 98% OF HIS COMPANY, NOT TO A TRUST HE CONTROLS.
    A non-profit he and his family also control.
    Live Free or Die

Last i heard he still drives a toyota wagon from last century and sleeps in the back on road trips
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Last i heard he still drives a toyota wagon from last century and sleeps in the back on road trips
    I saw him a Thai Kitchen in Idaho Falls not too long ago and he was rocking a Honda Element these days, like most billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    you're insufferable.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

lol. Yeah, like every rich guy. Totally drives a rolls too

you're insufferable.
    If he keeps repeating that enough times everyone will believe him.

He gave away 98% of his company to a non-profit. He gave 2% to a trust he and his family and some advisers (according to the article) control. Trusts do have rules, too. But like I said, even if you prefer to think he retained full control of the company with that 2%, HE GAVE AWAY 98% OF HIS COMPANY, NOT TO A TRUST HE CONTROLS.
    WE CANNOT BE BOTHERED WITH FACTS!!!

MY FEELINGS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I saw him a Thai Kitchen in Idaho Falls not too long ago and he was rocking a Honda Element these days, like most billionaires.
    About 5 yrs ago during a wading boot intro at the fishing store meet & greet the product manager told us he showed up in an 86 toyota wagon, maybe it died

he was coming up here fishing steelhead every year
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    LOL, google homes in the Solitude subdivision....
    His daughter was fun to party with back in the day, allegedly.
    Talking about his “$40M mansion in GTNP” not his kid’s house. Try to keep up if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Why should we care if he has a mansion? The dude built a multi-billion corporation, why would we begrudge him a mansion? None of us, not one, are ideologically pure, so expecting him to be Kane in order for you to praise him for his actions is stupid as hell.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You can keep putting words in my mouth, but I have already said his actions, ala donating 100 mill a year are good.

But I take umbrage with him marketing "giving away his company" to entities he directly controls as bullshit.

Nuance, its a thing. But keep fucking that chicken Danno like I said he has to give up all his worldly possessions when I didn't come close.
    Live Free or Die

I think a lot of people around here have long since burned out their nuance detecting synapses. And/or they just weren't that smart to begin with.

“Just like every other rich guy” isn’t a particularly nuanced position dolt-armada. It’s also incorrect.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/391813236323738246/

Quite a shanty.

And he doesn’t drink jug wine anymore.
    DoctorWhere? Is not amused

https://www.winespectator.com/articl...chouinard-4022

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/391813236323738246/

Quite a shanty.

And he doesn’t drink jug wine anymore.
    DoctorWhere? Is not amused

https://www.winespectator.com/articl...chouinard-4022
    Negative 1 billion points for using a pinterest link in an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by B:llyB:lly View Post
    I think a lot of people around here have long since burned out their nuance detecting synapses. And/or they just weren't that smart to begin with.
    The nuance is that he isn’t giving up control of the company, he’s giving up the profits from it. So yeah, he still has a say on the direction of the company, and families will still draw salaries to some extent, but all the money the company makes is controlled by the trust and by a non profit, which both have rules about how the money can be spent.

[person donates billions to good causes]

[broke motherfuckers in this thread]: "yeah, but..."

You can keep putting words in my mouth, but I have already said his actions, ala donating 100 mill a year are good.

But I take umbrage with him marketing "giving away his company" to entities he directly controls as bullshit.

Nuance, its a thing. But keep fucking that chicken Danno like I said he has to give up all his worldly possessions when I didn't come close.
    Yeah, nuance is a thing. Like the nuance of 100% owning a corporation and being able to take all the profits and put them in your pocket, or selling the whole thing for billions. Versus the nuance of a trust that you control that directs the company, where you can't actually sell for billions, and are limited by laws and bylaws regarding what you can do with it. And the nuance of 98% of the company being owned by a non-profit, where you cannot take profits and put them in your pocket or sell for billions, and at best can draw a large salary for work you do on behalf of the non-profit, because again, laws control.

The nuance of "directly controls" versus the nuance of "100% ownership".

So yes, nuance. Who again is seeing that nuance and who is not?

Clearly Yvon is a shitbird. Long live Bezos, Musk and the Koch brothers!

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Negative 1 billion points for using a pinterest link in an argument.
    Heh. I hate Pinterest. But it’s all I could find when mags said he lived in gtnp
    Moose is pretty close. And that’s a nice house. Good for him.

Chouinard
    Black diamond
    Patagonia

For someone that didn’t want a business he’s done pretty well.

1% for the planet? That’s amazing.

You haters would buy cheap Chinese crap all day long. At least he made an effort to mitigate damages.
    What has bezos done? Nothing.

Comments on this thread are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Comments on this thread are amazing.
    Wait till you see that comment about boosters & immune system some idiot made in the Covid thread!!1!!