WTB: 10 speed 11-40t cassette, shimano driver

Can't find one anywhere that will get to me in the next couple weeks. Anyone holding?

I think I have one, actually. It might be a 11-42 - would that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I think I have one, actually. It might be a 11-42 - would that work?
    Unfortunately I don't think so. Jamis Renegade 2x and I think the rear der. can only handle the 40, at least that's what I've learned internet sleuthing. I put the 11-40 on mine and its def. limited out with the b screw. Trying to give my wife that extra gear option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think so. Jamis Renegade 2x and I think the rear der. can only handle the 40, at least that's what I've learned internet sleuthing. I put the 11-40 on mine and its def. limited out with the b screw. Trying to give my wife that extra gear option as well.
    I have a vague recollection of having to monkey with the B tension screw when I had this cassette on a mountain bike - it was my first trial of a 1X system, and I was trying a 28T x 11- 42 (IIRC) 1x10, which wasn't quite low enough.

In order to make it work using a derailleur not intended for that size low cog, I think I had to remove the B tension screw completely, and run it in the opposite side of the derailleur - so that the head of the screw was up against the tab on the derailleur hanger. YMMV...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I bought a bike from DTM that has a sun race 10 speed rear cassette. The thing has been flawless and has lasted longer than any other. Admittedly, that bike has been ridden by kids who weigh 75-125#. There seems to be a lot of them online as an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I bought a bike from DTM that has a sun race 10 speed rear cassette. The thing has been flawless and has lasted longer than any other. Admittedly, that bike has been ridden by kids who weigh 75-125#. There seems to be a lot of them online as an alternative.
    Yeah thats the one Im trying to find. I've always had good luck with the sunrace stuff. I can get one, but it wont be here until October and we have a big ride planned for the 25th of september. Its looking like I waited too long to find one.

Anyone ever used one of these? Bolany?
    https://www.amazon.com/Cassette-11-4.../dp/B07CYWK85Z