WTB: Garmin smart watch

I've had a Forerunner 35 and have enjoyed it but just broke the watch in some vicious bushwacking. I'm looking to pick up another Garmin but with a few more features but don't have a specific model in mind. My dog is going in for knee surgery in a few weeks so my budget is a bit limited.

Got a Garmin Venu SQ that I bought for my wife when the band on her Forerunner broke. She never really figured out how to use the Venu and ended up just replacing the band on her Forerunner. PM if interested.

Not sure what features you want, but I have a like new Vivoactive 3 music edition with extra bands you can have cheap if you want it.

Thanks guys, I guess I could have been more specific on what I'm looking for. From my limited understanding of the various Garmin watches I think I'm more interested in watches like the Fenix, some of the Forerunners and the Instinct. I do a lot of multiday trips so am looking for a watch with good battery capabilities as well as a bit tougher.

Amazon has new OG Instinct watches for 150 bucks so I wound up with one of them. We will see what I think but buying a few generations back with Garmin seems to be the ticket.

I have an extra forerunner 245 music. It's lighter than Fenix and has all the features I use.
    Pm if interested

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I have an extra forerunner 245 music. It's lighter than Fenix and has all the features I use.
    Pm if interested

I think I'll just stick with the Instinct. Thanks!

Hey I have a used Fenix 6 Pro Solar I lent my buddy. Let me know if you're interested and I can chase him to get it back as he has never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I think I'll just stick with the Instinct. Thanks!
    I bought a v1 Instinct solar a couple months ago and am very happy with it.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    We're all either heathens or infidels... or both

Ive been geekin out on the hr stuff lately, and wanted to see if i could stomach wearing a watch. So $35 later i have a fully functional Fenix 3hr sapphire. Seems to work just fine. It is big and heavy. But we'll see. If i get off on the data and see that it helps me, maybe look for a smaller form factor, or just keep it, it's pretty nice for an older watch.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Ive been geekin out on the hr stuff lately, and wanted to see if i could stomach wearing a watch. So $35 later i have a fully functional Fenix 3hr sapphire. Seems to work just fine. It is big and heavy. But we'll see. If i get off on the data and see that it helps me, maybe look for a smaller form factor, or just keep it, it's pretty nice for an older watch.
    I've got the vivioactive 4s. Relatively simple features but has everything I need, plus it can do music and it looks like a normal watch vs having a small computer on your arm. Battery isn't as good as the big watches but with regular activities I still only charge it 1-2 times a week. I use it for tracking distances, HR, and having music while running, biking, or hiking and it works great. Got it for $150 on ebay, it had been used for a week.

It remains to be seen how good the battery is on this thing. Supposedly a new battery is like $15-20, and a pretty easy install.
    Don't you love good deals on used stuff. I love it. As for the watch, we'll see. Feels big. But i haven't worn a watch since my last one ended up at the bottom of the hoback river after drinking a case of beer and jumping out of the tree. That was like 27 years ago.
    sigless.

Just posed this as a stand alone thread but thought someone here might have something laying around in their junk drawer....

My trusty Suunto Core finally died and I'm looking for an affordable/ dependable replacement. I'm a flight nurse and like to keep a dedicated watch at work. Shoot me a DM if you might have anything laying around that you'd like to pass on. No need for anything fancy. Just functional. I really only use the time of day function.

Below is what I'm looking to replace fyi. Suunto or Garmin. Just something simple. I have a Fenix 5x I take into the mtns.

https://www.suunto.com/en-us/Product...ore-All-Black/

Quote Originally Posted by NShultz View Post
    Just posed this as a stand alone thread but thought someone here might have something laying around in their junk drawer....

My trusty Suunto Core finally died and I'm looking for an affordable/ dependable replacement. I'm a flight nurse and like to keep a dedicated watch at work. Shoot me a DM if you might have anything laying around that you'd like to pass on. No need for anything fancy. Just functional. I really only use the time of day function.

Below is what I'm looking to replace fyi. Suunto or Garmin. Just something simple. I have a Fenix 5x I take into the mtns.

https://www.suunto.com/en-us/Product...ore-All-Black/
    If you just use time get a Casio g shock or something.

I <heart> hot tele-moms