Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 115
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    This is the fine line that we all want to toe.
    It's a true challenge to figure out the best moves for any given person depending on their preferences.
    I had to unwrap and let the flow go, and I just followed it. Not my usual approach. Everything went amazingly smoothly

    During the Holidays, one daily ticket at JH is $225 this year. Or $253 for 5 days in Andermatt, fucking no brainer there.
    I have 2 free days, April 1st and 2nd. I may ski or travel around Zurich. I don't fly out until the 3rd

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    18,609
    K2 have fun, man…looks epic

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    After some poking around, it looks like our dates are late enough, so the daily passes are 76chf every day, including weekends.
    So, even with the half price card, the multi day passes are very slightly cheaper.

    It used to be more complicated with variable pricing going from 45chf on Mondays to 85chf on weekends. In that case, the half price card was a slightly better deal.

    So, unless solving linear inequalities jollies you up, just stick with the multiday pass.

    The skiing kicks ass regardless.





    This obscure lobster dude in the video seems quite enthusiastic about skiing.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    8,057
    ^^^^Holy shit, that is way more filled in than when I skied it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,781
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    K2 have fun, man…looks epic
    It will be unpossible to not have a great time, thanks.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    26,587
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    This obscure lobster dude in the video seems quite enthusiastic about skiing.
    I believe the soundtrack is owned by one of our very own.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    minneapolis
    Posts
    126
    dang. i may be able to make this work...

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    26,587
    Disentis sidecountry, 1/1000th of the amazing skiing between Disentis and Andermatt.

    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,758
    This is actually more interesting. I've never skied disentis im a proper storm.
    https://youtu.be/vcqPdGtgQ9I
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,758
    And this with true old school Euro Disco and pretty strong skiing considering it's age.

    https://youtu.be/64fj8Hgjgjg
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78
    Carvehard joining the roster. 😎

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    26,587
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    This is actually more interesting. I've never skied disentis in a proper storm.
    I have. The trees on the lower 1/4 of the area are the places to be.

    That said, here's some mtn_lodge associated Disentis stoke that gives some prespective and sense of scale, fullscreen recommended




    Quote Originally Posted by carvehard View Post
    Carvehard joining the roster. ��
    w0000000000000000t
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    8,057
    Can I ask a non-BBI but Euro related question here? My son was going to Japan the last two weeks of February but airfare to Tokyo is double airfare to Zurich. So now he’s thinking one week Andermatt-Disentis and one week…..? What does the collective suggest for: good skiing, classic alps scenery, cheap, some nightlife and easy train from Andermatt and back to Zurich? Gracias in advance.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    26,587
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Can I ask a non-BBI but Euro related question here? My son was going to Japan the last two weeks of February but airfare to Tokyo is double airfare to Zurich. So now he’s thinking one week Andermatt-Disentis and one week…..? What does the collective suggest for: good skiing, classic alps scenery, cheap, some nightlife and easy train from Andermatt and back to Zurich? Gracias in advance.
    In order of favorites:

    Klosters (Hotel Wynegg) (2:45 to 3:15 time via trains from Rueras with 1 to 3 changes)
    St. Moritz (Hotel Laudinella) (3:52 time via trains from Rueras with 2 changes) 45chf lift ticket for anyone staying in local hotels.
    Schruns/Montafon or St. Anton Am Arlberg (Das Elizabeth) (3:45-4:30 train time from Rueras )
    Engelberg (4:22 train time from Rueras).

    The only one that's a pain for connections after skiing around Rueras is Engelberg.

    Train resource: https://www.sbb.ch/en/timetable.html
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 11-19-2022 at 05:40 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by carvehard View Post
    Carvehard joining the roster.
    I figured you’d be selling yourself at a seedy French brothel to cover your crypto losses!

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    8,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    In order of favorites:

    Klosters (Hotel Wynegg) (2:45 to 3:15 time via trains from Rueras with 1 to 3 changes)
    St. Moritz (Hotel Laudinella) (3:52 time via trains from Rueras with 2 changes) 45chf lift ticket for anyone staying in local hotels.
    Schruns/Montafon or St. Anton Am Arlberg (Das Elizabeth) (3:45-4:30 train time from Rueras )
    Engelberg (4:22 train time from Rueras).

    The only one that's a pain for connections after skiing around Rueras is Engelberg.

    Train resource: https://www.sbb.ch/en/timetable.html
    Danke!

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N side, Terrace, BC
    Posts
    4,541
    Quote Originally Posted by carvehard View Post
    Carvehard joining the roster. 😎
    Bon jour! That's wicked.

    Hey, just a heads up for those on the signal group, my phone's down these days so although you're probably all writing nasty thing about me, the reason I have not posted witty and erudite responses is cause of that. Hoping to get her fixed in the next week so I can see what you guys have been on about. Stupid phone gives me notifications when you guys post but I cant access messages.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

    www.mymountaincoop.ca

    This is OUR mountain - come join us!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,758
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Bon jour! That's wicked.

    Hey, just a heads up for those on the signal group, my phone's down these days so although you're probably all writing nasty thing about me, the reason I have not posted witty and erudite responses is cause of that. Hoping to get her fixed in the next week so I can see what you guys have been on about. Stupid phone gives me notifications when you guys post but I cant access messages.
    Uh damn....you've missed the drink for free on the train Presale!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N side, Terrace, BC
    Posts
    4,541
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Uh damn....you've missed the drink for free on the train Presale!
    Sad face/despair emoji...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

    www.mymountaincoop.ca

    This is OUR mountain - come join us!

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down on Electric Avenue
    Posts
    3,456
    I was just looking to renew my Rega patronage fee for $40 and I see that if you pay before the end of 2022, your coverage is through this winter. If you pay it after new years, it's good for the remainder of 22-23 but includes coverage for 23-24.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78
    Yeah, my Rega I bought last year is still valid for this winter.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Is this the recommended insurance for a trip to Switzerland?

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    26,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Is this the recommended insurance for a trip to Switzerland?
    If one is off a groomer, even by a few meters, and wrecks, requiring patrol, there are costs. Rega in Switzerland and Carte Neige in France are 2 different insurance cards that will cover the costs of getting you off the slope and to a hospital, if needed. They don't cover hospital costs but can save one thousands of dollars.

    Another thing I forgot to mention is a socket converter if one has North American electrical appliances, like a phone charger or wife pleaser. Outlets in Switzerland are different and socket converters are readily available on the innert00bs.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 11-24-2022 at 10:40 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    689

    EuroBBI2023 March 26-31 2023 https://www.mt-lodge.com/ Rueras, CH

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    If one is off a groomer, even by a few meters, and wrecks, requiring patrol, there are costs. Rega in Switzerland and Carte Neige in France are 2 different insurance cards that will cover the costs of getting you off the slope and to a hospital, if needed. They don't cover hospital costs but can save one thousands of dollars.

    Another thing I forgot to mention is a socket converter if one has North American electrical appliances, like a phone charger or wife pleaser. Outlets in Switzerland are different and socket converters are readily available on the innert00bs.
    If you are just off the side of the piste (or on the piste) the resort patrollers will come. You would need the resort insurance (usually a surcharge with lift pass) to cover this or they will charge you. Rega is typically for helicopter rescue and they have some reciprocal arrangement so for example if you call Rega and Air Glacier picks you up I think you are still covered by them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0698.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	713.0 KB 
ID:	435316

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    4,032
    I was on tour last year when a woman fell above the rocks. Rega responded quickly with a doctor on board. Even if you don’t need it, a good organization to support

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04EE44B6-B4AD-4E2F-822F-75F8D81D5057.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	618.2 KB 
ID:	435342

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •