Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    This is the fine line that we all want to toe.
    It's a true challenge to figure out the best moves for any given person depending on their preferences.
    I had to unwrap and let the flow go, and I just followed it. Not my usual approach. Everything went amazingly smoothly

During the Holidays, one daily ticket at JH is $225 this year. Or $253 for 5 days in Andermatt, fucking no brainer there.
    I have 2 free days, April 1st and 2nd. I may ski or travel around Zurich. I don't fly out until the 3rd

K2 have fun, man…looks epic

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    After some poking around, it looks like our dates are late enough, so the daily passes are 76chf every day, including weekends.
    So, even with the half price card, the multi day passes are very slightly cheaper.

It used to be more complicated with variable pricing going from 45chf on Mondays to 85chf on weekends. In that case, the half price card was a slightly better deal.

So, unless solving linear inequalities jollies you up, just stick with the multiday pass.

The skiing kicks ass regardless.

This obscure lobster dude in the video seems quite enthusiastic about skiing.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

^^^^Holy shit, that is way more filled in than when I skied it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    K2 have fun, man…looks epic
    It will be unpossible to not have a great time, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    This obscure lobster dude in the video seems quite enthusiastic about skiing.
    I believe the soundtrack is owned by one of our very own.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

dang. i may be able to make this work...

Disentis sidecountry, 1/1000th of the amazing skiing between Disentis and Andermatt.

This is actually more interesting. I've never skied disentis im a proper storm.
    https://youtu.be/vcqPdGtgQ9I

And this with true old school Euro Disco and pretty strong skiing considering it's age.

https://youtu.be/64fj8Hgjgjg

Carvehard joining the roster. 😎

This is actually more interesting. I've never skied disentis in a proper storm.
    I have. The trees on the lower 1/4 of the area are the places to be.

That said, here's some mtn_lodge associated Disentis stoke that gives some prespective and sense of scale, fullscreen recommended

Quote Originally Posted by carvehard View Post
    Carvehard joining the roster. ��
    w0000000000000000t

Can I ask a non-BBI but Euro related question here? My son was going to Japan the last two weeks of February but airfare to Tokyo is double airfare to Zurich. So now he’s thinking one week Andermatt-Disentis and one week…..? What does the collective suggest for: good skiing, classic alps scenery, cheap, some nightlife and easy train from Andermatt and back to Zurich? Gracias in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Can I ask a non-BBI but Euro related question here? My son was going to Japan the last two weeks of February but airfare to Tokyo is double airfare to Zurich. So now he’s thinking one week Andermatt-Disentis and one week…..? What does the collective suggest for: good skiing, classic alps scenery, cheap, some nightlife and easy train from Andermatt and back to Zurich? Gracias in advance.
    In order of favorites:

Klosters (Hotel Wynegg) (2:45 to 3:15 time via trains from Rueras with 1 to 3 changes)
    St. Moritz (Hotel Laudinella) (3:52 time via trains from Rueras with 2 changes) 45chf lift ticket for anyone staying in local hotels.
    Schruns/Montafon or St. Anton Am Arlberg (Das Elizabeth) (3:45-4:30 train time from Rueras )
    Engelberg (4:22 train time from Rueras).

The only one that's a pain for connections after skiing around Rueras is Engelberg.

Train resource: https://www.sbb.ch/en/timetable.html
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 11-19-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Carvehard joining the roster.
    I figured you’d be selling yourself at a seedy French brothel to cover your crypto losses!

In order of favorites:

Klosters (Hotel Wynegg) (2:45 to 3:15 time via trains from Rueras with 1 to 3 changes)
    St. Moritz (Hotel Laudinella) (3:52 time via trains from Rueras with 2 changes) 45chf lift ticket for anyone staying in local hotels.
    Schruns/Montafon or St. Anton Am Arlberg (Das Elizabeth) (3:45-4:30 train time from Rueras )
    Engelberg (4:22 train time from Rueras).

The only one that's a pain for connections after skiing around Rueras is Engelberg.

Train resource: https://www.sbb.ch/en/timetable.html
    Danke!

Carvehard joining the roster. 😎
    Bon jour! That's wicked.

Hey, just a heads up for those on the signal group, my phone's down these days so although you're probably all writing nasty thing about me, the reason I have not posted witty and erudite responses is cause of that. Hoping to get her fixed in the next week so I can see what you guys have been on about. Stupid phone gives me notifications when you guys post but I cant access messages.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Bon jour! That's wicked.

Hey, just a heads up for those on the signal group, my phone's down these days so although you're probably all writing nasty thing about me, the reason I have not posted witty and erudite responses is cause of that. Hoping to get her fixed in the next week so I can see what you guys have been on about. Stupid phone gives me notifications when you guys post but I cant access messages.
    Uh damn....you've missed the drink for free on the train Presale!

Uh damn....you've missed the drink for free on the train Presale!
    Sad face/despair emoji...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I was just looking to renew my Rega patronage fee for $40 and I see that if you pay before the end of 2022, your coverage is through this winter. If you pay it after new years, it's good for the remainder of 22-23 but includes coverage for 23-24.

Yeah, my Rega I bought last year is still valid for this winter.

Is this the recommended insurance for a trip to Switzerland?

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Is this the recommended insurance for a trip to Switzerland?
    If one is off a groomer, even by a few meters, and wrecks, requiring patrol, there are costs. Rega in Switzerland and Carte Neige in France are 2 different insurance cards that will cover the costs of getting you off the slope and to a hospital, if needed. They don't cover hospital costs but can save one thousands of dollars.

Another thing I forgot to mention is a socket converter if one has North American electrical appliances, like a phone charger or wife pleaser. Outlets in Switzerland are different and socket converters are readily available on the innert00bs.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 11-24-2022 at 10:40 AM.

EuroBBI2023 March 26-31 2023 https://www.mt-lodge.com/ Rueras, CH

If one is off a groomer, even by a few meters, and wrecks, requiring patrol, there are costs. Rega in Switzerland and Carte Neige in France are 2 different insurance cards that will cover the costs of getting you off the slope and to a hospital, if needed. They don't cover hospital costs but can save one thousands of dollars.

Another thing I forgot to mention is a socket converter if one has North American electrical appliances, like a phone charger or wife pleaser. Outlets in Switzerland are different and socket converters are readily available on the innert00bs.
    If you are just off the side of the piste (or on the piste) the resort patrollers will come. You would need the resort insurance (usually a surcharge with lift pass) to cover this or they will charge you. Rega is typically for helicopter rescue and they have some reciprocal arrangement so for example if you call Rega and Air Glacier picks you up I think you are still covered by them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0698.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	713.0 KB 
ID:	435316

I was on tour last year when a woman fell above the rocks. Rega responded quickly with a doctor on board. Even if you don’t need it, a good organization to support

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04EE44B6-B4AD-4E2F-822F-75F8D81D5057.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	618.2 KB 
ID:	435342