Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Alas, I have pulled the plug. I've been dialed in on this for 6 months and it's been tough to watch the lack of snowfall. But this is skiing and there are no guarantees with Mother Nature.

I'd just like to put it out there now, that we're gonna really try to put on a full tilt Mag-fest at Vendul's next season.

Any and all input is appreciated and I hope many of you will consider putting this on your list of must-attend events next winter.

This fucking sucks! I feel terrible for all you guys and especially Vendul. I was looking forward to living vicariously through all of you this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Yes, I think I'm going to cancel.
    I feel like a shit and had contacted vendul earlier about the potential.

My apologies to the rest of those planning on going.

I could go on about rationale, but the main point is to withdraw and cancel before the reservations are not cancellable.
    Don't feel bad
    Mother Nature is in control
    Just got back from Tahoe and couldn't ski a lot (lower mtn only) because of too much snow, ironic

I have non-refundable airfare
    My backup plan is Chamonix

PS-it's my fault, first time in the Alps, Europe or anywhere off the continent, except Hawaii

Definitely interested for a return next year and Vendul if you and your better half ever have free time to venture to the USA know you have many places to stay to repay your hospitality

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Definitely interested for a return next year and Vendul if you and your better half ever have free time to venture to the USA know you have many places to stay to repay your hospitality
    THIS...big time.

If Michele and Serena wanted to do a North American guesthouse or room or couch tour, it'd be off the hook. Mags from coast to coast would be down to host the hosts.
    Seriously.
    I've already made a standing offer for the Wyoming/Grand Teton/Yellowstone leg of said trek.

And I'd be stoked to ski ya again Cat! Had fun last year fosho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@k2skier - a non refundable ticket does not necessarily mean unchangeable. My Delta ticket was changed/cancelled and I got a full E-credit.
    Check into it...

Cody and Elise are there now and they think it is going to snow.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

If I get a new job this year I promised Cody I'd take her to Switzerland so we are in if the job comes along, fingers crossed. I'd really love to have her experience the Mountain Lodge and Ski Arena.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Hellz yes, I'm already jonesing to race around the Arena witchu again.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Hellz yes, I'm already jonesing to race around the Arena witchu again.
    Hells yeah Djongo, we'd be stoked rip around with you and other attending mags! I'm not counting on the job but if things are looking better next fall I'll make it happen.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Hi everyone, as I wrote to the ones that contacted me, don’t feel obligated, we understand 100% if you cancel…. I’m sure Next year will be better. @subtle we still have more than 9 cm at 2400m 🤣🤣🤣…that is a station positioned on a sunny and wind exposed sloped, in fact as you see it never has much snow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I just sent you an email about canceling

EuroBBI2023 March 26-31 2023 https://www.mt-lodge.com/ Rueras, CH

One good news for epicpass holders just came out: next season Disentis will be included and there will be a special fare for the train between Disentis Andermatt and Sedrun.
    Beside that… lots of rain is on our way

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

I happen to like skiing shitty snow and avoiding rocks and things. I'm not fucking cancelling shit. See you there Vendul and whoever else makes it.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Don't feel bad
    Mother Nature is in control
    Just got back from Tahoe and couldn't ski a lot (lower mtn only) because of too much snow, ironic

I have non-refundable airfare
    My backup plan is Chamonix

PS-it's my fault, first time in the Alps, Europe or anywhere off the continent, except Hawaii
    where are you flying to in Europe? Asking because a few years ago my wife and I on went to Europe in a lean snow year with a set plan for a few days and then a "follow the snow" plan. Well, there was no snow for part 2. Sort of like what is forecast now in fact with heavy snow high, which is not good for Euro above treeline skiing, and heavy rain low, which is no good for anything except flora and fauna. So, we bailed on skiing entirely and turned part 2 into a typical touron trip. Spent a night in Annecy and a couple of nights in Lyon. Had a good time. Just food for thought if conditions look grim right up to the time of departure. You don't have to ski, and that certainly simplifies packing.

Not sure what you’re all worrying about? There’ll be tons of snow above 2000m and signs it’s getting colder and more snow 2nd half of March. Net impact of these storms is likely to be very positive at altitude. You could end up with the best conditions of the season.

Unless you want to ski down into a valley.

Weekend is still very unclear... anything from rain to 2300m to maybe 1800m is still possible.

Recent Model runs leave the colder air in reach so arlberg and davos area might get away with 1600-1800m. Still 30:70 for high rain. Far east might be cooler
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I’d be in for next year, especially if a rebound year with snow. Love to rip around Yurp with Djongo and cat!

I’m optimistic for some big pow up high. Hopefully sets without too much wind, but that looks unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    One good news for epicpass holders just came out: next season Disentis will be included and there will be a special fare for the train between Disentis Andermatt and Sedrun.
    Beside that… lots of rain is on our way

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums
    Next year M! Making arrangements with Tourism to come visit

Screw you guys, I'm going to Rueras.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_n83hweErTh1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	450898

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    where are you flying to in Europe? Asking because a few years ago my wife and I on went to Europe in a lean snow year with a set plan for a few days and then a "follow the snow" plan. Well, there was no snow for part 2. Sort of like what is forecast now in fact with heavy snow high, which is not good for Euro above treeline skiing, and heavy rain low, which is no good for anything except flora and fauna. So, we bailed on skiing entirely and turned part 2 into a typical touron trip. Spent a night in Annecy and a couple of nights in Lyon. Had a good time. Just food for thought if conditions look grim right up to the time of departure. You don't have to ski, and that certainly simplifies packing.
    Leaving the 20th. First week in Kitzbuhel, 2nd week in Cham

I wish that I was going back this year. I’m definitely in for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post

TriU: what are your dates and details? PM if you are traveling incognito.

I'm still on the fence, because I'm not scheduled to fly out until the 22nd, so I'm gonna stay on that fence for a few more days.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Leaving the 20th. First week in Kitzbuhel, 2nd week in Cham
    Shit, then don’t sweat it. A lot can happen between now and then!

actually, the latest model runs are more encouraging
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post

Yes, thank you. Some of you remember my "fuck you Benny I'm going to ski Magic" campaign a number of years ago. The result of which was that both Magic and Shames (both with a very uncertain future at the time) were saved, I got fairly buzzed, met some great folks, and rushed the stage to take over the percussion section of the band that night. I'd say all in all a successful campaign. Even got Z-bo to Shames that year.

So yeah Tri-Ungulate! Screw you guys, I'm going to Rueras! Are ya with me! Let's do this!!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!