Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Your chica as well?
    What trails did you ride?
    Tell Alvin I said Hola.
    I don't know the names of each trail, but it was all on La Bufa. Mi chica was way in over her head but troopered through. Mascota today.

Yeah, La Bufa was serious shit. Seriously deep channels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2428C66-CC45-4966-8548-58C7E6F57F77.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	339.4 KB 
ID:	444097

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B245B3FD-B679-4B10-8CAC-D45E5E0E759C.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	337.0 KB 
ID:	444098
    Last edited by rideit; 01-22-2023 at 09:57 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Got a buddy that organizes road bike excursions to Columbia, rent a villa with staff cook yadyada, sez the road biking is geat cuz the roads are good & not busy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I’ll be mountain biking in Colombia in March with Marcelo Gutierrez for a week, I should be able to start doing tours there by this fall while Perú sorts it’s shit out.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/te...gutierrez/1482

We need more pics, WG!

Will post pics once I'm back in the states. Mascota yesterday was so fucking good. PVR local trails today and then one last day of surf and relaxing tomorrow.

Ok eventually I will get to the pics. PVR local trails are loose and rowdy. Escorpion is the real deal. Murmurings of more trails being built in the coast mountains and seemingly limitless possibilities down there.

Rideit

Do you know Diego at Holy trails in Peru? Heard that is a god local company.

I thought I had asked this before, but I can't find it....Any guide recs in Oaxaca that are not part of a package? Looking to go this fall in a group of couples where some ride and some stay in town. So we want to make our own accommodations and dinner plans. Just want shuttles and guides for the trails.

I got you, ZZZ, pm incoming.
    Chuy and Annie from TSN, I'll give their WhatsApp.

Quote Originally Posted by dft View Post
    Rideit

Do you know Diego at Holy trails in Peru? Heard that is a god local company.
    I know of him, I heard he is solid. But my friend Wayo is who I personally recommend.
    www.inkasadventures.com

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I got you, ZZZ, pm incoming.
    Chuy and Annie from TSN, I'll give their WhatsApp.
    Awesome thank you!

Long shot here, but does anyone know if the luggage storage at MEX is big enough to fit a bike bag? And would you trust leaving a bike at Airport luggage storage for 24-36 hours?

Hey WG, thinking about a Mexico trip this year for wife's birthday. Two obvious riding choices are Mascota or Oaxaca. How is the non-riding, just vacation, stuff at PV/Sayulita/Mascota?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Mascota itself is super mellow, streets roll up at about 9:00 except for some very good (and very cheap) taco carts. Sayulita has tons of restaurants, bars, etc, but is fully a hive of gringo activity. Bonus points, good beaches that are clean now.
    Oaxaca is a ‘less’ touristy city, but is gorgeous. If I were to bring my wife back, it would definitely be Oaxaca. Greater trail selection, better restaurants, more ‘authentic’ culture, IMO.
    But the hills outside of PV are cool too, San Sebastián de l’oeste is a gem of a little town.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Hey WG, thinking about a Mexico trip this year for wife's birthday. Two obvious riding choices are Mascota or Oaxaca. How is the non-riding, just vacation, stuff at PV/Sayulita/Mascota?
    What Rideit said is accurate.

I think overall there is some more mellow trail options around Oaxaca. Everything I rode there was pretty gnar, but there was some more flow/blue in the area where PV/Mascota/San Sebastien/Navidad is like 90% raw/loose/steep.

I loved the smaller towns like San Sebastien/Mascota/Navidad, but Oaxaca does have more to see, is bigger, more going on at night etc.

We stayed in Punta De Mita which was quiet, friendly, 30 seconds to beach/surf etc. Awesome. Sayulita is kind of a madhouse. PV is also a madhouse.

Honestly if you can make the time and spare the expense do Oaxaca for 4 or 5 days and somewhere on the coast for 4 or 5 days. That's my plan next time. There is a ton of still very quiet, yet to be fully developed stuff en the Costalegre region. Shhh shhh more trails being built daily. I'm already scheming to try and buy something down there.

In for a week or two if you do, WG!

So we’re about three weeks out from our Oaxaca trip and the Airbnb just cancelled our reservation. Apparently the house sold and the new owners aren’t honoring previous reservations.

Since we’ll be there the busiest week of the year, there is very little left available, and what is left is mucho effectivo.

Has anyone stayed at the TSN house, or even know where it is? Anyone have a rich Mexican uncle with a nice pad in Centro OAX?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    So we’re about three weeks out from our Oaxaca trip and the Airbnb just cancelled our reservation. Apparently the house sold and the new owners aren’t honoring previous reservations.

Since we’ll be there the busiest week of the year, there is very little left available, and what is left is mucho effectivo.

Has anyone stayed at the TSN house, or even know where it is? Anyone have a rich Mexican uncle with a nice pad in Centro OAX?
    I have not stayed at the TSN house, but I have seen pics and videos and know people who have stayed there and people seemed to like it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I have not stayed at the TSN house, but I have seen pics and videos and know people who have stayed there and people seemed to like it alot.
    We were lucky and the TSN house was still available, we've booked it now. I'll let you know how we like it.

What Rideit said is accurate.

I think overall there is some more mellow trail options around Oaxaca. Everything I rode there was pretty gnar, but there was some more flow/blue in the area where PV/Mascota/San Sebastien/Navidad is like 90% raw/loose/steep.

I loved the smaller towns like San Sebastien/Mascota/Navidad, but Oaxaca does have more to see, is bigger, more going on at night etc.

We stayed in Punta De Mita which was quiet, friendly, 30 seconds to beach/surf etc. Awesome. Sayulita is kind of a madhouse. PV is also a madhouse.

Honestly if you can make the time and spare the expense do Oaxaca for 4 or 5 days and somewhere on the coast for 4 or 5 days. That's my plan next time. There is a ton of still very quiet, yet to be fully developed stuff en the Costalegre region. Shhh shhh more trails being built daily. I'm already scheming to try and buy something down there.
    Curious to hear more about the trails in the PV region compared to Oaxaca. Just got back from Oaxaca and I am already planning the next trip and am considering PV/Mascota. Favorite trails in the Oaxaca area were Huerto>Flanders>Solodado Universal, Mil Rios, and some of the Ixtepeji stuff. Never rode El Toro. Is the PV/Mascota trail network considerably more raw/rough/steep?

I'm already scheming to try and buy something down there.
    My wife is looking at places in Santa Maria Del Tule. I wouldn't hate that.